“Good value, but noisy”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Location of the hotel was pretty good as it is across from Fallsview Resort and the Hilton on Fallsview Blvd (many restaurants in that area). The room is basic, but functional. Bed was surprisingly good quality when compared to the rest of the room - it must be recently upgraded as the comforters were also very plush.

The biggest complaint I had was with the noise from the halls and adjacent room. We stayed on a Saturday night, and I guess there were a lot of young people staying at the hotel so around 2 am in the morning a bunch of them came back from a club/bar and were very loud in the hall. The room door provided little insulation - it lasted for around 10-15 minutes and then the group separated. But we continued to hear chatter in the room next door (our room was one of the ones with interconnecting doors and I think that was the weak point with respect to noise). We were pretty tired, so we didn't bother to call front desk and eventually we dozed back to sleep. In the future, maybe you want to bring some earplugs to be safe.

One suggestion for management: we booked a Teambuy deal for this hotel and on checkout, the bill was very brief, the bulk of the cost went to some generic category called "Room Charge". Apparently it is a breakdown of various fees like TIF, ECO fee and tax. Why not provide the full breakdown on the invoice to start? I removed one point for service for this reason.

The most important thing was the room was clean, and overall the hotel stay was exceptional value especially combined with the various vouchers from the Teambuy deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canuck2103
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Good Morning Canuck2103,

Thank you for the review. We do pride ourself on having a fantastic location on Fallsview Blvd and we do constantly update the rooms and ammenities, our beds and bedding were replaced last spring. We do have security at the property 24 hours on the weekend but with our location so close to the clubs and casino it is impossible to keep up with all the noisy rooms at the hotel. If you call down to the Front Desk we wil send someone to warn the noisy party to be quiet and after one warning we do evict. I am so sorry if others disrupted your night.

I am glad that your overall stay was good and I hope that we see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,397)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Overall the stay was pleasant. Rooms are a good size and clean. It was nice to have a balcony. Pool was fairly clean, hot tub looked like it could use some help. I was quite disappointed that I had to pay $30.00 to park for the weekend. The hotel wasn't walking distance to the falls or clifton hill so we had to pay additional parking there as well. Girl at the front desk offered us an upgrade for $10.00 a night so that we could have a view of the fireworks on the night we arrived. Was a good view, but $20.00 to see the fireworks, I made a bad choice. Would have been nice if there was a mini fridge in the room. Walls in the halls were carpeted, a little odd, but maybe to cut down on the noise.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kreed100

Good Morning kreed100,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, I am sorry to hear that you feel like the hotel is not close to the falls. This super cold winter makes walking any distance awful I know, but the hotel is one of the closest walks to the falls being at the main access road to the falls on the Fallsview strip. We are actually working on having access to mini fridges for our guest’s convenience. I know that the carpeted walls seems out of the ordinary but you are absolutely correct that it is for noise reduction, it's amazing the amount of noise that it cuts down on.

I hope that we get to see you again, maybe in a little warmer weather!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Was happy about a $69 Saturday special but when I called they said that only the deluxe rooms were available for an additional $20. What they don't tell you is that EVERYTHING has an additional tif tax. So what I thought would be approximately a $100 stay turned out to be $69 +$57 =$126 including $15 parking as the only additional expense. My point is for the poor quality of the room ( no fridge, no microwave) and the overall quality of the hotel, it really is not a good deal in light of the fact that there are so many nicer hotels in the area for only a fraction more and with the same or better activity vouchers. An example is Embassy Suites where you definitely have to pay more but the superior quality of the hotel, rooms and the fabulous brunch for everyone makes it a far better deal in terms of value for the buck! Parking was also a nightmare at this hotel as it was fully booked and even though we paid for the $15 parking, we had to park in the far $10 area. With the cold it was a real pain. I will say though that the staff at reception were excellent especially Marriet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank daverozario

Good Morning DrDave,

I do apologize for your unhappiness, with the low cost of the current promotions that we are offereing they do book up quickly, we were fully occupied every weekend in January and February so far and the standard rooms do book up first. A tourist fee, such as our TIF fee is something that the majority of the hotels in the tourist district chanrge on their bills as is parking. We are always trying to make our guest's experience better and are currently making plans to have fridges available for our guests.

I do apologize for any unhappiness or inconveniences you experienced and hope that you enjoyed the time you had in the Falls.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I booked my trip through expedia and paid for my room in full.
When I looked at my visa 2 weeks later I was charged $65. When I called the hotel they said I was charged parking for 2 cars and I only had one and for a roll away bed that i did not have in my room or ask for. Also when I spoke with Laurie at the hotel she was rude and said she would have a duty manager call me back. This is the second time I was over charged at this hotel. Maybe its a way of making extra cash in the slow time.

Hope this helps just double check your cedit cards

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith M
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Good Afternoon Keith,

I am so sorry for any billing issues that you experienced or if you were given the impression that your issues were not important to us. Please call the hotel and ask for the Guest Services Manager Craig and he will be maore than happy to go over any concerns with you on your bill.

Thank you Keith, I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

A. Kelly

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Few comments: 1) Worst shower ever. I am 6' tall and the shower head was about 5' with absolutely no pressure. 2) There is no view of the falls from this hotel. Either you are looking at a parking lot or a Tim Horton's. 3) Decor is very outdated. Actual carpeting on the walls! 4) They provide nothing--no soap, shampoo etc--that every other place I stay in has as standard.
You can say its an economy hotel and not to expect much but there are many better places

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an upper floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Good Afternoon adamharwood,

I am so sorry to heat that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We do not have a falls view from our location, we are not high enough to see them, we get our name from being located on Fallsview Boulevard. We do have views of the sunset, casino or city. We do have a dispenser in the shower that has shampoo and shower gel as well as a bar of soap at the sink area.

Again I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Niagara Falls

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1/19-1/21 using a voucher I purchased on TravelZoo.com which was $99 for 2 nights + $25 credit to Fallsview Casino, $100 credit at Captain Jacks, 2 $10 IHOP vouchers, 2 $20 and 1 $40 credits to either East Side Mario's, TGI Fridays, Ruth Chris Steakhouse, or The Keg Steakhouse.

It was an amazing deal. The hotel and all of the extras we got were TOTALLY worth it. I would go again in a heartbeat just because of our treatment and the fact that they have such great deals for people on a budget.

The hotel was about a 10 min. walk to the falls, across the street from the Casino, and only about 15 min. walk away to Clifton Hill (where all of the cool restaurants and shops are)

The room was clean. The beds were super comfy, as were the pillows. I enjoyed it. I would def go again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Caitlin C
BWFallsview, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Good Afternoon Caitlin,

Thank you so much for the great review, I am so glad that you had such a great time while you were here with us!

I hope that we see you again, we're always running deals like this so it makes it easier to get away.

A. Kelly

Reviewed 17 January 2014

For the Budget minded, this hotel is across the street from Fallsview casino, lots of restaurants in the area and a 5 min walk to the falls. Upon check in we were given a $20 voucher and a choice of 4 different restaurants in the area that we could it use it. When making a booking check for CAA or AAA for a further discount. Our rate of $53.10 plus tax was the best rate in the area. Beds were comfortable and parking is extra. We parked at the casino for free (we are casino members). The swimming pool and whirlpool was a nice feature. It is free. Used the whirlpool which was large and the jets were strong. Very clean pool and lots of towels available. There is free wifi. The hotel is dated with old carpets but it is relatively clean. There is a small table in the room which was actually too small for our large notebook. No fridge but there is a coffee maker. Our room was facing the casino and it was nice to have a balcony. Since we were there during the winter, I left my milk out on the balcony and it kept it fresh. Good value and the hotel fit our needs for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skot456

Good Afternoon skot456,

I'm so gald that we were a good fit for you! Thank you for pointing out our strenghts for other travellers. I hope that we see you again in the future.

A Kelly