“Great room!”

Ranked #49 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Hamilton, Canada
“Great room!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel was very, very good. Big room. Comfy beds. A little older than all the new fancy places but I haven't stayed in the fancy places so I don't know what I'm missing. I would stay there again.

Sleep tight and snore like the world can't hear you.

Stayed May 2014
April W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, 17 December 2014
Good Evening Leo B,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your big room and comfy beds. Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you are going for luxury, like we usually are, you may want to look elsewhere. Prices were so high due to peak season that this hotel worked for us. I traveled with my husband and 2 16 year olds. The room's décor was tacky and dated. The beds were ok. There was a wild red tub/shower combination that the kids found amusing. The bathroom wall paper was metallic dollar bills in gold. So the place was not attractive. The location is why we stayed here....and the price. It is located just under the Skylon Tower, which offers the best views of the falls. It is also a quick walk to the falls and convenient to the WEGO transportation system. There are restaurants all around and Clifton Hill (another must see) is within walking distance. Location, location, location!! You can pay more to see the falls from your room, but it's been our experience that you spend so little time in your room that you will see the falls better elsewhere. I suggest the Skyon Tower, by the falls, the SkyWheel on Clifton Hill, and the observation deck at Hornblower cruises (Canadian Maid of the Mist). Staff was very welcoming and check out was also easy. Pool area, as well as Jacuzzi was enjoyable. We didn't eat there, so I cannot comment as to any foor. Parking is expensive, but in line with other area hotels. The lot is cramped and insufficient. We also parked at Skylon ($10) part of the time. There is another parking lot next to that for $5 and possibly a free lot next to that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela R
Good Evening Angela R,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We too are very proud of our convenient location, being so close to all that Niagara has to offer. Since you stayed here, we have reduced our parking fees. Thank you for your feedback. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the near future.
London, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

A convenient location for the Niagara area, and not too expensive. Very convenient to the Fallsview Casino and a short walk to the Falls. However (despite the name) I doubt if the Falls are visible from anywhere in the building. They may have been in the past. I noticed for the second time that the maids propped open the fire doors with towels (dirty towels? - I'm not sure), but I suspect this is not a legal act - the fire doors have a purpose, which is dependent on them being shut. Both the air conditioner and the baseboard heater were on at full blast when I arrived, so the hotel has a high electric bill I suspect. Strange that the baseboard heater is immediately below the thermostat - rather defeats the purpose, I think.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Good Evening dave-at-london,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Best Western Fallsview and for providing us with your valuable comments and feedback. We will use this to better the hotel. We currently have a three year renovation plan to update different areas of the hotel. We hope to see you back again soon.
Cleveland, OH, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was a very clean and comfortable hotel within easy walking distance to the casino, attractions and the Falls. Great variety of eateries in the area. Self-parking made for convenient visits to Niagara on the Lake and the Welland Canal locks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Evening Robert F,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable accomodations. We are also are very proud of our close proximity to all of Niagara's wonderful offerings. Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We hope to see you back again soon!
Corby, Northamptonshire
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had my doubts about this hotel given the reviews that were left but when I checked in the staff the very friendly. The lady was all smiles. I wasn't expecting five star but when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it and how clean it was. Our balcony had an amazing view of a casino and the Skylon tower so we got to watch the fireworks from the top floor. Overall I would love to stay here again. The price was great for what we got and the bed was so comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor with a view facing the towers and casinos if you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allen T
Good Evening Allen T,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Best Western Fallsview. I will make sure our front desk staff are aware of your wonderful comments. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We can't wait to see you back again in the near future!
TUCSON
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was ok. It is old and things work slowly. It was centrally located by not much information on local transportation and we had to go to the Sherton (sister hotel) for tour information and tickets. There were better hotels with more free items close by. This hotel had no free breakfast and you paid to park your car. Other hotels had free parking for gueats and free breakfast for the same or cheaper rates.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Good Evening MARGARET S,

I an happy that you enjoyed our convenient location. Since your stay here we have reduced our parking fees. Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We will use your comments to better the hotel.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family and I got our reservation on Groupon and were looking forward to staying at a brand name hotel. Upon check-in, we went to a nice front office in the daytime, where the stay were not only helpful and very friendly, but they offered us a nice upgrade for a good price. We weren't aware of the price for parking ($20/day) but went along with it anyways as we were upgraded from a two double bed to a family suite with two double and one queen sized bed. We were excited with the upgrade and were directed to the adjoining building across the parking lot.

Upon reching the door to our building, the card reader that lets you into the building was spotty at best, often taking 5-7 tries to gain access to the very dated building. The elevator is slow, but works just fine. For anytime other than luggage or pushing a stroller, we took one of the three available stariwells (all are carpeted, not glazed concrete and all stink of urine). We arrived on the third floor and walked to room 321and entered our room. Upon entereing the room, we were met with a very warm temperature and shiny green confeti from the previous night's festivities (must've been fun). That type of thing doesn't bother us...we're actually pretty reasonable and easy-going. The bedroom off the main room where the queen bed is has no door, just an open doorway where a door had been previously (the spots where the door hung and everything are all still present).

We could work with this room, that's not the issue....the main issue is paying Sheraton rates (one block away...MUCH nicer rooms) for the quality of the rooms and facilities provided. Here is a small list of issues we noticed while we were there:

- No door to suite bedroom (don't know if this is only in room 321)
- Balcony is pretty suspect
- ALL stairwells stink like urine due to carpeting in a party/tourist town
- Outdoor pool is a little shabby and has a lot of "gunk" floating in the opposite corner of the stairs in the shallow end
- Card reader for door directly beside gift shop works inconsistantly
- Mens bathroom by the indoor pool had 1 out of three urinals working and other things were broken and in disarray
- There may have been other issues....I just cared to share the really concerning issues

Now...some of the finer points:

- When I reported that our Air Conditioning was not working, the folks came up twice to get it to work with the second visit resulting in a complete replacement that worked. (My baby thanks you folks)
- The general attitude of all the people working there (that we met) were truly fantastic, they're there to really help make your stay better
- The location in proximity to the Falls, the Casino and Clifton hill is prety darned good.
Dolly, the manager was surreal...she's a pleasure to work with and made our stay so much better by assisting us with free or discounted activities outside of the hotel (I know, to get us away from our displeasure, I get it). Dolly offered to move us to another room, when it was ready (cleaned), but since we were there with another family, it was more hassle and trouble to do that than was worth the move.

Given the opportunity to stay again, I'll pass and just go to the Sheraton, but if you ARE going to stay here, the staff are truly the best part of this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 321 and try to stay in the main building as it smells less like urine.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ayresd54
April W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this review, 18 December 2014
Good Afternoon Ayresd54,

I am happy to hear that our staff were accommodating and that you enjoyed your upgraded room. I will make sure that the staff are aware of your compliments. Since your stay here we have reduced our parking fees. We also have put in place a three year renovation plan to update different areas of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We will use this to continuously improve our hotel.