“Good value and good location”

BEST WESTERN Fallsview
Ranked #50 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Durham, Canada
“Good value and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Niagara Falls is a great place to spend a weekend. If you are not able to stay at a high end hotel, try this cozy, quiet and clean Best Western located across from Margaritaville. Great value and easy walking distance to Casino, the Falls and restaurants. Tim Horton's is a block away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
April W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fallsview, responded to this review, 14 December 2014
Good Afternoon karenjerry2011,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here close to all that Niagara has to offer. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
North Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed overnight on the 18th of July, 2014. Well located hotel, close to Falls, casino, restaurants, etc. The price was reasonable but be aware that parking is an extra fee although on the plus side you do have in and out privileges with the parking. I was on the sixth floor. No problems connecting with the free Wi-fi. Lol....yes the hallway walls are carpeted! Not sure why but it didn't bother me at all. The room was spacious and the beds/pillows were comfortable. Smallish TV with no microwave or bar fridge. A/C worked fine. Bathroom was modern and clean. Soap/shampoo dispenser inside the tub/shower.
My main concern was in regards to the scanning of my driver's license. I had made, and paid for, my reservation through a 3rd party site. At check-in they asked for my Visa (no problem with that) and also asked for photo ID. I figured they just wanted to verify my identity. Without asking they then scanned my drivers license. I asked why and was told by the clerk that it was just so they had my picture on file in case I lost my key. I thought this was weird because if I did lose my key I could just show them ID matching the reservation to get a new one. I asked about their privacy policy but the clerk couldn't find it. The front desk manager came over and advised that they only scanned the license for the photo and address for auto-fill of the check in form and would delete it when no longer required. She too was unable to provide me with a privacy policy dealing with retention and use of my image. I later received an email from the operations manager of the hotel, of the Best Western International privacy policy but it makes no mention of collecting photographic images. I raised this issue with the clerk upon checking out and she advised that they collected that information in order to combat fraudulent use of credit cards. I received three different explanations for scanning my license. In this age of identity theft and the hacking of major corporations databases, I would have refused to allow my license to be scanned if I had been asked prior for permission to scan it. Otherwise the hotel was fine.

2 Thank james33
April W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Fallsview, responded to this review, 17 December 2014
Good Evening James33,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Fallsview. Since your stay with us we have reduced our parking fees. Best Western collects three basic types of information from you: "Personally Identifiable Information" (PII) is one of them. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual. Best Western only collects PII that it believes is necessary to perform the services that you seek from us and to comply with its obligations. We will keep your PII only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, and as permitted by law. Best Western believes that we have implemented security measures that provide reasonable precautions against the unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of PII. All of the explainations in which you were given were correct. I would like to thank you for your feedback, we will use it to better our services.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel was very, very good. Big room. Comfy beds. A little older than all the new fancy places but I haven't stayed in the fancy places so I don't know what I'm missing. I would stay there again.

Sleep tight and snore like the world can't hear you.

Stayed May 2014
Good Evening Leo B,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your big room and comfy beds. Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the near future!
Lake Placid, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you are going for luxury, like we usually are, you may want to look elsewhere. Prices were so high due to peak season that this hotel worked for us. I traveled with my husband and 2 16 year olds. The room's décor was tacky and dated. The beds were ok. There was a wild red tub/shower combination that the kids found amusing. The bathroom wall paper was metallic dollar bills in gold. So the place was not attractive. The location is why we stayed here....and the price. It is located just under the Skylon Tower, which offers the best views of the falls. It is also a quick walk to the falls and convenient to the WEGO transportation system. There are restaurants all around and Clifton Hill (another must see) is within walking distance. Location, location, location!! You can pay more to see the falls from your room, but it's been our experience that you spend so little time in your room that you will see the falls better elsewhere. I suggest the Skyon Tower, by the falls, the SkyWheel on Clifton Hill, and the observation deck at Hornblower cruises (Canadian Maid of the Mist). Staff was very welcoming and check out was also easy. Pool area, as well as Jacuzzi was enjoyable. We didn't eat there, so I cannot comment as to any foor. Parking is expensive, but in line with other area hotels. The lot is cramped and insufficient. We also parked at Skylon ($10) part of the time. There is another parking lot next to that for $5 and possibly a free lot next to that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela R
Good Evening Angela R,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We too are very proud of our convenient location, being so close to all that Niagara has to offer. Since you stayed here, we have reduced our parking fees. Thank you for your feedback. We can't wait to welcome you back again in the near future.
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

A convenient location for the Niagara area, and not too expensive. Very convenient to the Fallsview Casino and a short walk to the Falls. However (despite the name) I doubt if the Falls are visible from anywhere in the building. They may have been in the past. I noticed for the second time that the maids propped open the fire doors with towels (dirty towels? - I'm not sure), but I suspect this is not a legal act - the fire doors have a purpose, which is dependent on them being shut. Both the air conditioner and the baseboard heater were on at full blast when I arrived, so the hotel has a high electric bill I suspect. Strange that the baseboard heater is immediately below the thermostat - rather defeats the purpose, I think.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good Evening dave-at-london,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Best Western Fallsview and for providing us with your valuable comments and feedback. We will use this to better the hotel. We currently have a three year renovation plan to update different areas of the hotel. We hope to see you back again soon.
Cleveland, OH, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was a very clean and comfortable hotel within easy walking distance to the casino, attractions and the Falls. Great variety of eateries in the area. Self-parking made for convenient visits to Niagara on the Lake and the Welland Canal locks.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good Evening Robert F,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable accomodations. We are also are very proud of our close proximity to all of Niagara's wonderful offerings. Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We hope to see you back again soon!
Corby, Northamptonshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had my doubts about this hotel given the reviews that were left but when I checked in the staff the very friendly. The lady was all smiles. I wasn't expecting five star but when I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it and how clean it was. Our balcony had an amazing view of a casino and the Skylon tower so we got to watch the fireworks from the top floor. Overall I would love to stay here again. The price was great for what we got and the bed was so comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor with a view facing the towers and casinos if you can.