“Average”

Best Western Fallsview
Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Room was very large- and had balcony which overlooks parking lot. Both pools open to 11pm which made my kids happy. Ihop on site- but s very very pricey compared to normal , non tourist Ihops (pancakes, eggs, has brown- normally $8.99 elsewhere are now $15.99) but upon arrival the front desk desk a coupons which evens it out a bit.
No problems what so ever with staff, room, a/c, pricing or being overcharged as others mention.
It is approx 1/4 mile from falls- easy walk right down the hill.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
April W, General Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Good Afternoon Deanna,

I am glad that you enjoyed our large rooms and the the pools hours worked out so well for your family. I am so glad that you had good interactions with the staff here and that you had no problems with anything in your room. I really hope that we will see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Fallsview

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Average is probably the best way to describe this hotel in Niagara Falls.

Though called the 'Fallsview" Best Western, there are absolutely no views of the Falls from the hotel - perhaps before any of the larger hotels were built there may have been some views, but nowadays you cannot see the Falls at all - that said, they are only a 10 minute walk away (uphill on the way back so be prepared!).

I'll break down some tidbits about the hotel below:

Staff - friendly if not a little rough around the edges.

Rooms - clean and large with fairly comfortable beds. Cribs available on request.

Pools - both are small (one is outdoor and one indoor) but maintained - towels are available at both though we couldn't find any at the outside pool.

Arcade - Good selection with around 25 different games - they include games that dispense tickets even though there is nowhere to actually redeem them which was disappointing to the kids.

Parking - $20 for lots A & B which are always full and $15 for lot C which is located at the rear of the hotel and on our stay also always full.. My recommendation is park and walk everywhere.

Common areas - clean though the walls in the main building are carpeted (CARPETED!!).. The hallways also smell a little like urine and alcohol which is a little off-putting especially for the kids.

Finally, a word about Niagara Falls for those that have never been.. With the sole exception of the actual Falls which are truly stunning, the city itself is a sh$thole. The entire tourist area seems to have been built in a rush some 20-30 years ago so everything looks cheap. Also, everything costs about 300-500% more than their equivalent anywhere else.. For example, a bacon and eggs breakfast that would usually cost $5.99 at a diner will cost you $17.99 here.. There's no excuse for the price gouging - you can get discount coupons everywhere for just about everything but that's because everything is already so overpriced!

If it wasn't for our kids we would likely never stay in Niagara Falls - Niagara on the Lake is a far prettier town with beautiful accommodations and restaurants where you can rent bicycles and your lovely wineries - it's only a 20 minute drive along a scenic route from the Falls - I'd highly recommend getting a room there and driving to see the Falls rather than being gouged in Niagara Falls to stay at average hotels with inflated prices..

Thanks for reading!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TOtravellers51

Good Afternoon TOtravellers51,

I am happy that you found our staff friendly and that the rooms were comfortable. I apologize that there were not towels at the outdoor pool available while you were there, the outdoor pool this time of year is definitely more in demand. It is a great recommendation to park and walk everywhere, most things are walking distance from the Fallsview district. I know that the textured walls are a surprise but they do cut down considerably on noise once in the rooms. I hope that your family, the kids especially had fun while you were here.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I'll list the positives first, the staff was very pleasant and the room was a wonderful size (huge in fact) and clean, other than that this property was a disappointment. This hotel was very outdated, there was carpet on the walls in the halls, none of the hallways, stairwells, or elevators were air conditioned and it was really hot and stinky(from sweat). Even though the doors into the building from the parking lot were supposed to be locked at all time, they didn't lock at all, or were broken. We were placed right next to the ice machine which was extremely loud. $20 parking was a rip off, and there was no parking when we arrived back to the hotel one night and when we complained there was no offer of a refund. Usually when I book at a Best Western there is a complimentary breakfast, but that wasn't the case, just an expensive IHOP. Overall I would say this property was average, but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
April W, Front Office Manager at Best Western Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Good Afternoon Amanda_Lynn2183,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are working on a three year renovation plan to update different areas of the hotel. We have also revised our parking fees. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

the building needs an upgrade inside and out, they did do the lines in the parking lot but should for the charge of $20.00 per day, across the street is $5.00, go figure?? carpet on the hallway walls and to boot they were dirty and stank (musty) rooms were dingy and had only a coffee maker, didn't use it so not sure if it worked. IHOP is the resident restaurant, what a rip-off, go elsewhere, high priced and food wasn't very good. oh and the front desk charged a "tourist tax" so did the restaurant, you do not have to pay it as we learned from a local, when asked to have it removed from our bill the front desk was not impressed....wouldn't stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Bill B

Good Evening Bill B,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the parking fee and the look of the hotel. We are currently updating different areas of the hotel, and have revised our parking fees. We have also made fridges available for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and giving us some valuable feedback.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Where do I begin??? I made 2 separate reservations one beginning August 3rd and come to find out the $139 rate I received and booked for on July 2nd, ended up being overcharged for $179 plus tax and parking. Total bill just for one night was $233. INSANE. That was almost half of the price I paid for 3 nights on GROUPON. I asked to meet with the manager multiple times and she never showed her sorry head once during the four days I was a guest there. Front desk staff is seriously rude. (Dennis and Patricia, just to name a few!) They all need to take a class in customer service. Multiple merchants around Niagara Falls indicated that the Travel and Tourism Tax could be waved for a patron but manager bold faced lied to me and said it couldn't. This was my first visit to Niagara Falls and I can honestly in good faith never recommend this hotel to ANYBODY. I am a Marriott timeshare owner and know the difference between staying there versus a Best Western and would never pay more than $119 per night to stay at a dump like that. When arriving there on Sunday August 3rd, my girlfriend and I wished to meet friends staying on the New York side. The girl at the front desk gave us the Monday-Friday bus schedule. After arguing with her explaining she gave me the wrong schedule, she then had the nerve to say it was my responsibility to obtain the right times. IHOP is seriously overpriced. $15 for french toast and an omelette. Our bill came to $49 before a $15 voucher was used which brought our bill down to $34. Still outrageous. Parking.... don't get me started. $20 a day but they let tourists who are not staying there park there as well for a greater price but when you get back to the hotel, the lot is completely full. Hotel offered free Wi-Fi but half the time the server was down and could not access internet. Visited the Best Western Plus on Lundy's Lane and spoke with management there. Staff is much nicer and they gave me a load of advice which I believe to be completely true. Fallsview location is just looking for first time guests which is why they advertise the cheap rate and then when you get there they stiff you over. Just because they are in close proximity to the Falls means absolutely nothing. I encourage you to read the other reviews on here before booking. If you have any discrepancy with pricing and the hotel refuses to help try to file a dispute with your bank or credit card company.

2  Thank David M
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We got there and upon check in was informed we were going to be charged $20.00 extra per night for parking, I was not impressed as nowhere did it say anything about extra for parking when i booked on line. The halls were low ceiling dirty and smelled awful, the rooms had very dim lighting which was probably good as the rooms were not that clean. However the bed was comfy and the sheets and towels were clean so it was bearable for the 2 nights we had booked, but i will never stay there again. My advise spend a little extra and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: I don't think there was a good room.
1  Thank DDHOntario

Good Evening DDHOntario,

I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed with the parking fee and overall room. However I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable sleep. We have revised our parking fees and are also working on updating different areas of our hotel. Thank You for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

we spend one weekend in this hotel. the rooms are big and decently clean. wireless had no signal in our room at all.

breakfast was not included and to expensive, parking also not included and very expensive 20 CAD/day, across the street you can find with 5-10 CAD/ day

the position of the hotel is very very good, 10 minutes walk to niagara or entertainment street, 2 minutes from a shopping mall with casino and also to mariott witch has very good restaurants at the ground floor with buffet.

• Stayed: August 2014

Good Evening mihaelat,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the WiFi or the parking fees. We have recently updated our wireless network and revised our parking fees. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us some valuable feedback. We hope to see you again!