“Awful place - don't stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carriage House Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Carriage House Motor Lodge
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Awful place - don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in Aug 2013 as part of a road trip for our 5th anniversary. We were looking forward to going to Niagara Falls & staying at this hotel spoilt it for us. We booked online before we went.
Upon arrival after a long drive, the 'receptionist' wasn't anywhere to be seen.
Our credit card(s) didn't work in their machine (despite us phoning our card companies & them saying nothing had been refused) which meant we then paid cash for our stay - we should've just paid for one night & did a runner ASAP the next day! I wonder if getting you to pay cash was a scam so they could cash the 'residents' giro cheques.
The reception area is very grand looking & lulls you into a false sense of it being a nice hotel - it's not! It's awful! The rooms felt grubby, everything you touched felt dirty. There were ripped bedding/towels, stained walls, carpets. No cleaner coming in - we were there 3 nights. There was a used coffee filter left in the coffee machine (dread to think how long it had been there!) there was a fridge & microwave in the room & the TV only seemed to pick up the WWF channel! There was no safe, we felt it was safer to take our possessions with us rather than risk leaving them in the room. We tried to stay out as long as we could as we felt a bit intimidated by some of the other guests who liked to stare at you. To be honest it's like staying in a Jeremy Kyle holiday camp - you can imagine the type of place it is! As another reviewer said the type of people that live in this place are drunks/people on benefits we saw one guy get out of a taxi loaded with cans of beer at 8am & the police frequent the 'residence'.
My advice would be NEVER stay here, even if you were desperate!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

The young lady at the desk was very polite and nice. The rooms are very nice. For the price you cannot go wrong. We were motel searching before and this one was the most affordable, and has a more comfortable/classier atmosphere. The rooms are spacious, the beds are pretty comfy..there's a pull-out couch,you can adjust heat or a/c. If you're looking for something simple, well priced, with a few bonuses (Wifi, tv, etc..) this is a good place. For me... I like the coffee makers in the room :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth W
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

If you're not going to read my whole review then I at least want you to know: "You are better off sleeping in your car! Your reservation is not guaranteed here! You will go to check-in just to find out that they gave your room away to someone paying more money and they have no other rooms to give you! Stay somewhere else!!"
The TERRIBLE service started from the BEGINNING! I tried booking my room online and received a pop up box that a confirmation would be emailed to me. After waiting for almost 2 hours, I received nothing, so I called the motel. The first 2 times, no one answered. So I called a different number in which I reached Amanda, the so called "manager". She informed me that their website does not send email confirmations but she reassured me that my reservation was received so I thought everything was fine. Man, was I wrong! Not only did no one answer the phone..EVER, the day before our trip, when we literally called them about a dozen times to reconfirm our reservation & see if it was ok to bring another guest.
So now we come to the day of our trip...an 8 hour drive from New Jersey to this unethical hotel. We get there and all the lights in the office are off and there is a hand written sign on the door that says "sorry we are full, no rooms available. Ring bell for assistance" so we rang and rang the bell and finally 2 kind gentlemen, who claimed to be the maintenance men, tried to help us. For about 20 minutes they tried getting in contact with Amanda, the incompetent manager and who ever was working the front desk that day. They finally got in touch with the girl who worked front desk to find out that she gave our room away! 8 hours away from home, all we were told from one of the maintenance men was, "sorry guys, but they gave your room away. Wish there was something I can do but we are all booked.." We drove around for almost an hour going from hotel to hotel, exhausted and wasting time & gas looking for a place that wasn't going to charge us an arm & a leg "just to SLEEP for a couple of hours!"
....and after all this, do you think Amanda called us the next day to accommodate us in the future OR even the VERY LEAST, "apologize" for the inconvenience they caused us?? No, no she didn't!

Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Christina1386

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Ontario Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Worst stay I ever had.Staff unhelpful,as they closed early and where not there to help in evening.Did not have key ready when I arrived and had to hunt a lady down to unlock my room at 11:00 at night and office was closed.Was told to go knock on a room door of someone I did not know.When I got in room shower/tub handle did not work and could not turn on water to bath.Air condition sucked/no cool air. checked out to an apology but talk is cheap when you are charged in advance for a room you do not get to see.I am still waiting to talk to someone to complain and get a reund for this dump.This place should be condemned.I could list more but you get the idea.

Room Tip: Keep on going past this place,you will find better close by
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Laurie R
Halton Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

There were so many unexpected things wrong with this place that it's difficult to list them all -- rooms smell awful, carpets are filthy, noisy, no plug for the sink, only one little bit of soap, no outlet available for computer, office closes early so cannot phone them to get any action/satisfaction, wireless internet is password protected and cannot get password after office closes. The price we paid for this disaster was higher than most other nearby and assuredly better places.

Room Tip: There likely isn't one, but stay away from the "apartment" building.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cactus N
Lakewood, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I am now 21, but it has been 6 years since I've been to this hotel. We used to go up to Canada every Summer, until Canada and the United States required the enhanced license/passport. I always remember it as a clean, friendly and safe hotel. They have an amazing indoor pool and hot tub. Times change though, and I'm not sure if this place is under new management or what. Here's what happened:
As soon as we got to the hotel my friends and I were confronted by a drunk man who told us we needed "Mike's permission" to park in the parking lot. We didn't say anything back. He was very persistent on telling us what to do and who to talk to. He asked me why I was there and I told him I have a reservation and it was none of his business. He told me I must go see Mike in room 31, which is the room he was standing in front of.
"Mike's the boss, you need to talk to him! You guys look like trouble anyway!" he said with a drunken rage. I ignored this idiot and proceeded on my way. It's not until 11:00 at night that the free WIFI does not work. When my friend went down to the office, he was harassed by the same man, telling him he needed to see Mike and we could do nothing until Mike said so. He continued to say that Mike was the gate-keeper for the WIFI and we needed him to activate it.
To sum up, I felt very uncomfortable and unsafe staying there. Room 31 looked like a rapist shelter of some kind and I kept thinking that Mike might come in our room and attack us. I never met this "Mike" either, but the thought of him kept me awake. If this is under new management from 6 years ago, it needs to be fixed and fast! Best hopes to you all. Stay away from room 31!

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the "motel" side of this place. You will stared down as you walk to and...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Dan S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

This motel is always having the hydro go off along with the heat and hot water.the owners never care cause they live in the own warm houses.This is an extended stay facility and even though u pay your rent it doesn't matter how it takes till the hydro,heat,and water is putt back on..I would advise u never to stay here it's a waste of ur money......

• Stayed December 2011