“it was awful, and a dump”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Carriage House Motor Lodge
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
wheatley, ontario
“it was awful, and a dump”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Will never stay here again, told maintenance about toilet leaking and was never fixed whole time we stayed there, we had to put towels on floor to soak up water. look like they rent it out as apartments now. scary, shady people there. did not feel safe.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This place was dirty had old dried semen stains on the linens. This "motel" is used for street walks on Lundy's lane. basically they use the same sheets when the rent the room by the hour.

1 Thank ejackson99

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Tillsonburg, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2010

- stayed 3 nights and enjoyed ourselves totally! Room was a little dated, but was great size,comfortable and clean.(in fact we were not happy with first room and we were upgraded immediately)... the bed was firm and a great sleep....bathroom clean and one of the best showers i ever used!...The restaurant onsite served a great breakfast and the owners were so friendly- I think it's the best part of the Carriage House experience!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I had researched a variety of motels before going for the weekend with my family and the Carriage House seemed like the perfect place to stay. Everything I had found out about it was true, clean, friendly, an overall beautiful place to stay.

At check-in, we were recieved by a young girl who was very nice and polite. She gave us our key and gave us directions to where our room was located. She did tell us that they were under new management and were in the process of making some renovations and apologized in advance for any inconveniences but did stress that they were trying their best not to cause any major disruptions.

The rooms have lots of room and a perfect stay for a family. The amenities were fantastic (ie. the indoor and outdoor pools). One of the nights we stayed it rained so the kids really enjoyed the chance to go swimming in the indoor pool.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and I recommend the Carriage House to everyone!

Bowmanville
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We had booked with a very nice lady and had corespondance with a man in April and we were looking forward to our stay. We arrived at the motel and were amazed to find new owners (according to the front desk staff) and the people we made our reservations with had been all fired..........sounds fishy to me. The rooms were being worked on and the noise was aweful lots of what looked like residences. (looked to be making themselves at home loud and obnoxious) We were given NO maid service and the Front desk staff told us that the maid didn't show up......is that anyway to run a motel !! We will never return to this place and we hope everyone heeds our warning. We come 2 or 3 times a year and this place will never get our business.

2 Thank Neveragain4sure
Montreal
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I stayed in the Carriage House Motor Lodge for New Year's Eve 2009. It was great. The room was clean and spacious; the quality of sleep that we had was excellent. The indoor pool and jacuzzi room are fun as well. A nice warm, relaxing jacuzzi after a long 6 hour drive is much appreciated.

The staff are friendly and helpful. They recommended many places for us to go in Niagara Falls on the big night. The price of the hotel was also very reasonable. It was exactly the type of cost/value type of deal that I was looking for.

The only downside would be the location. It isn't walkable to the Falls. That is unfortunate, but the good side about that is that means that it is quiet, not so busy, and definitely good value for a clean and reasonable hotel in Niagara Falls.

All of the negative reviews that I have read surprise me. I didn't experience anything like that. I noticed that there were some renovations going on on the other side of the hotel - perhaps that has something to do with it? At any rate, why not ask to see your room before you check in? My room was absolutely fine - great actually, if you consider the price.

I enjoyed my stay here, and I would recommend this hotel to a friend. I will definitely come back. Thank you Carriage House!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank opencanswithzans
Montreal
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I've been staying at the Carriage House on a regular basis during the past years, as I've visited the Niagara Falls many times. Maybe it's the moment for me to write a little bit about my stay experience there.

First I have to say this is a friendly place with friendly staff, that's partly why I'm always returning. Second, that place has everything I'm looking for: clean comfortable beds, large rooms, indoor pool, big parking lot, and they are open all year long. All of the above at a very good price.

Now I've just heard they were under new ownership and that they would start some renovations. That's just awesome!!

Cheers!