“This place is awesome!!!”
Review of The Rex Motel

The Rex Motel
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I was looking for where to stay for cheap while on vacation but not sacrifice cleanliness. This place was amazing! It is super clean and the rooms are so nice. To top it off the manager is the nicest lady I have ever met and she was super helpful. If you are in niagra falls you should definitely stay here!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Max D
There are newer reviews for The Rex Motel

Reviewed 21 October 2013

So back in August of 2013 I was looking to book a hotel in Niagara Falls Canada.....needless to say Hotels are expensive......and I needed three rooms......well I found the Rex!!!! Great price....great place....wonderful owner......small throwback motel from the fifties....totally renovated and CLEAN....CLEAN....CLEAN.....if you want marble floors and crystal chandeliers not here.....if you want a great price....clean rooms.....and road trip atmosphere....book the REX....I have stayed in some of the best hotels in America and the bathroom in my room at the Rex was the cleanest freshest bathroom I have ever been in at a Hotel......My adult picky children even liked it.....my hat is off to Amelia the owner and her welcome pastries were to die for!!!!! Going to Niagara Falls?....want an experience?.....want to save money?.....then by all means BOOK THE REX MOTEL!!!!! Oh...ps. Amelia my finicky older daughter wanted a larger mirror......

Room Tip: Each room is different.....so be surprised.....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

If your priority is cleanliness, this is it!!! I have never found a hotel or motel this immaculate. I can usually find something that is not spotless, but, not at the Rex. Our room at the Rex was totally SPOTLESS. No germ and dirt laden carpeting. Clean and new wood flooring.
Since this is an older motel, the room and bathroom size reflect the floorplan and size of the time. HOWEVER, the cleanliness, artistic decor and homemade pastry far outweigh the size. It is not crowded, just not spacious. Since most people stay here to visit the Falls and other sites, you don't stay in your room for long periods of time.
The location was fine. We drove and parked to see the Falls and restaurants were in driving distance.
The room is not boring like the chain motels/hotels. The creativity of the owner is amazing! It is a fun place to stay! I hope to get back there soon!!!
The owners are friendly,welcoming and helpful. They couldn't be nicer.
I stay in hotels/motels/B&Bs quite a few nights per year, and I can't find another motel to match the Rex!

Room Tip: Pick a decor that you like. They are all different. All rooms have parking at the door.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We chose this motel by its Tripadvisor rating. It was a great choice. The motel was clean and comfortable. Amelia the manager was wonderful. Each of the rooms had its own personality. You parked for free in front of your room and there was free WiFi. The rooms were very reasonably priced. It was a short drive to the falls. A great place to stay when you are on a budget.

Room Tip: I like a softer bed. Room 11 was good for me.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We knew we'd found a great place to stay when we were given such a warm welcome from Emi when we arrived. She was professional and friendly and provided us with directions and dining recommendations. The rooms were lovely, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We even had fresh pastries waiting for us! This place is an absolute find - great value and super service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights, a diamond of a motel, set in a nice neighbourhood, yet only 10mins drive from the glitz and hustle of downtown Niagara.
We were made to feel totally and genuinely welcome immediately upon our arrival by Emily and all the staff, who gave us excellent first-hand advice, directions and information regarding anything and everything we wanted to do during our visit to the area.
We didn't have a Canada-friendly cellphone, but no problem! Emily and Simeon were only too happy to suggest restaurants and make any phonecalls and reservations for us - no charge!
The room was absolutely spotless, cleanliness is not an issue. and the friendliness and attentiveness we received would put many 4 or 5 star hotels to shame! Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The only place where I can book hotel in Niagara Falls is Rex Motel, because the service is fantastic. My husband, friends and I, we feel there very special guests. The rooms are super clean, the beds are big and comfortable like at home. The owners Emi and Simeon are very hospitable and professional.This hotel is first on the list for the services and cleanses.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends