“Wonderful stay. Amazing views.”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here in June 2011. The hotel lobby is gorgeous, the room was spacious and grand and the view amazing. The included buffet breakfast was fit for a king! Steps away from the falls!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (7,587)

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We travelled to Niagara Falls for a 3 day get away, and chose this hotel for its location and on-site spa. We booked the two day family package and then added an extra day at full regular rate. The 2 day package included breakfast and our 3rd day did not. So upon check-in I requested that they include breakfast for our third morning. Even after speaking to a manager they absolutely refused to include breakfast for our third day. I found this to be very poor business practice, since many of the other hotels I have stayed at automatically include breakfast without having to book some kind of package. I even told them that Embassy Suites down the street always includes breakfast for every day of your stay. And I have stayed at a few Embassy suites and their breakfasts were excellent. So I give thumbs down for poor competitive customer service. Even a lot of lower end hotels in the area advertise that they include breakfast! Aside for this disappointment check-in went smoothly.
I am a CAA member and I use my card to get discounts whenever possible. So I asked if they offered a CAA discount for my stay. I was informed that my room was not eligible, but if I had a basic room I would be eligible. This made absolutely no sense that on a lower rate room you can get a discount but not on a suite. Recently when I went to the USA and every single hotel I stayed at offered CAA discounts and they were all on 2 bedroom suites! Many of the hotels I stayed at in the USA were also owned by Marriott, so why is the Canadian chain not honouring the same?
We had a family suite room on the 7th floor, the view of the falls was great. However this hotel only offers family suites from th 5th to 10th floor. I guess this hotel does not think that guests who require a family suite would also like to be on a higher floor if it was possible for an even better view of the falls. As for the room itself it requires a lot of updating to come up to par with other newer hotels. In the past I stayed at this Marriott 8 years ago. The decor has not changed at all since then, and it is starting to show its age.
The room upon entrance had a musty smell to it. The main room had 2 queen beds which were very comfortable and had good quality linens & pillows. There was a flat screen TV, but had very limited channels, and no free movie channels like HBO. If you wanted to watch a movie of any kind you had to pay on demand. Other hotels I have stayed at have offered movie channels without extra charges. Also there is no DVD player in the room. Those of you that travel with children know that they love to watch their own movies. So thank goodness I brought our small portable DVD player. Other hotels especially in the USA had DVD players with their TVs.
If you want internet access you have to pay $9.99. In today's day and age I find this unacceptable. Many, many places now offer WiFi for free, including a lot of hotels on the same street. Marriott seems to be in the business of charging extra for a lot of basic things. When one is paying $350 per night it would be reasonable to expect that basic things are included.
As for the mini fridge that they state is in the room, it is a very small bar fridge with their beer in it. This is hardly large enough to store milk and other necessities when travelling with children! In the very small living room there was a corner with nothing in it which would be the perfect spot to put a proper mini fridge that guests could use. We brought our own cooler to store milk and food. Another negative note on this so call family suite is that they do not have a microwave even upon request. When travelling with young children you need to be able to heat up milk, formula, food. etc. So I really don't think this family suite is really family oriented to truly meet basic needs of all families. Many other hotels offer microwaves in their family suites. It looks like this Marriott needs to do a lot of updating to their family suite, in order to truly call it a family suite.
The second room in the suite can be considered to be a small sitting room with a flat screen TV, lounger chair and small pull out couch. It is closed off with French doors which provides a little bit of privacy between the 2 rooms. It worked perfectly as a nap room for our little one, and allowed us use of the larger room and have access to the one and only bathroom in the suite.
The bathroom was very small, and dated with a standard tub/shower and very little counter space by the sink. The exhaust fan worked very poorly and it took forever for the steam to clear after showering. For a family suite the size of the bathroom was inadequate to say the least.
The breakfast buffet at the hotel was excellent, but if you have to pay it is quite pricey $18.95 per adult. We also used our $75 dinner voucher at the hotel restaurant. The food was superb and the service was top notch!
The hotel had a full service spa which was excellent and I highly recommend their services. They are a little pricey, but well worth it if you want to treat yourself to something special.
Getting around the area was very easy with the use of the hotel shuttle that went to all the major stops, and therefore you could use it to get closer to a lot of the attractions on Clifton hilll or shopping on Victoria Street. The drivers of the shuttle were very helpful and accommodating.
For the most part all the staff we dealt with were excellent. The Marriott chain itself needs to re-think their so called family suite, and do the necessary updating to bring it up to today's standards for travelling families. Also their price gouging for basic services that a lot of other hotels include in their rates is unacceptable when the Marriott Fallsview is charging top dollar for their accommodations. This Marriott is sitting on its laurels and is expecting only its location closest to the falls to sell their rooms, instead of updating and modernizing to meet current day needs. Unfortunately I would not recommend any family to stay at this hotel due to the Marriott's lack of attention to the needs of todays travelling family. If I want to use their spa or dine at their restaurant then I could walk and stay down the street at a hotel with a view of the falls who offers inclusive breakfast, WiFi, microwave, proper mini fridge, and updated rooms to better meet the needs of today's travelling families.

2  Thank PBLToronto
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Upgraded to 21st floor, the view is spectacular but is it worth the price? the room IS TINY and the "fireplace" is blocked by the only chair, so if there is more then one person in the room, you have to stand by the window to see the falls! I don't know if it really is worth it, the lobby is a mess with masses (maybe that is how it is everywhere here?)
asked to upgrade to a suite, was told there were none available which I am going to confirm in a minute when I log onto marriot as I am a rewards member (only lower floors available I would not recommend. quiet so far but room size and lack of seating makes is a big miss

2  Thank tomuchtravel

1. Old look and Feel

2. No Buffet Breakfast or Concierge for Platinum members.

3. Courteous Staff

4. Walking distance from the falls and restaurants.

5. Paid Parking on site.

6. Clean restrooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vinay0725
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed for 3 restful and relaxing nights. Hotel restaurant food was really good, service was some of the best we've had, anywhere. Steak looked over-done, because of the lighting near the window and our server, Shauna, bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect-she really cares about her guests. The manager even came over to make sure we were taken care of to our satisfaction. Spa was great, pampered like royalty there. Even the valet parking and concierge staff were worth mentioning. We paid a lot because of the room we wanted (for the view), the loft was sweet! The staff treated everyone with the same courtesy. The only problem was that we had to leave and come back to reality. We'll hopefully return, and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't look at the rates-if you want the best views do what I did and have your partner book it...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Location, location, location. The Marriott Fallsview is perfectly located for a supreme view of the magnificent Niagara Falls. In fact the first WOW! moment of our stay came when we opened the curtains of our Double Queen Family Suite (9th Floor) and saw the Horseshoe Falls in all their misty grandeur. Being so close to the falls, and being able to witness their power and beauty at any time, was both relaxing and awe inspiring.

Check-in was completed promptly and we were offered the opportunity to upgrade to a family suite, which we accepted. The Suite featured two queen beds, two large 42 inch flat screen televisions, and a separate sitting area with a fireplace. The bathroom had a whirlpool tub, along with a walk in shower. The room was very clean, nicely appointed with modern furnishings. There were even pictures of historical interest on the walls, along with a brief explanation of their significance. Plenty of space for clothes and item storage...and again the spectacular view! My only complaint was at times the room felt clammy...that could be from the air conditioner that may need a tweak or two.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet featured everything you could want, including a custom order omelet station. The food tasted fresh, hot and well prepared, a great way to start the day! We also took advantage of our $75 dollar off dinner voucher at the restaurant. Again the food and service was top notch, with prices to match. Most entrees started at $35 dollars, and went up from there.

The kids loved the pool area, although the chlorine smell was very prevelant. The hotel also offered a small game room area, which was unimpressive.

To get to the falls, you take the "skywalk" across the street to a park like area. From there you can choose to walk 5 minutes to access the falls pathway, or pay to take the incline railway down to the viewing area. We did both, it depends on how tired you are and how much you want to spend to avoid the hike.

Valet parking was $25 dollars a night, and the valet area was generally hectic. Often times a quoted 10 minute wait turned into 20 minutes, so plan accordingly. The hotel also offers electronic valet "request kiosks" near the restaurant and main lobby where you can scan your ticket to request your vehicle...very cool! The main lobby also featured a Starbucks and Gift Shop. The hotel always seemed hopping, so at times there were lines to access the elevators. If you're unfamiliar with the area, the hotel has a concierge desk to help you plan your stay. Overall, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Check out took no time at all.

I give the Marriott Fallsview an excellent rating because it does just about everything right, and it's location is perfect for viewing the falls. I would not hesitate to stay there again, or recommend it to anyone.

Overall, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Check out took no time at all.

1  Thank Mrbigjerk
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We could NOT BELIEVE the view we had from our room. The Horseshoe Falls were smack in front of our eyes. Absolutely stunning. The room was large, two queen beds, lots of floor space, fridge, safe, flat screen TV for watching the Red Sox at night (!) Bathroom was very large but the strange thing was the toilet was so close to the door and wall and the tp holder was on that wall. You would practically sit on it when you had to sit down. Weird. No idea why they didn't place in on the opposite wall. Oh well, minor detail.

Food in the restaurant was great, but is expensive. Good value for the kids though (12 and under) Brunch was awesome too.

Service is the BEST. Even the woman who was dusting the place seemed to like what she was doing. From the bellman to the concierge to the valets to the front desk, everyone was awesome.

Having a pool was great for our kids, plus two hot tubs was great for the parents. The outside patio was a nice bonus too.

Room Tip: Use your AAA card! We got a great deal on our Fallsview Room with the help of AAA.
1  Thank mprice1963