“A Second Honeymoon Near Crossed My Mind Until...”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morden, Canada
“A Second Honeymoon Near Crossed My Mind Until...”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I'm here for a conference but my room over looking Niagara Falls is so perfect that I wish my wife was here to see it and experiance this hotel. 33 years ago we started out by going on a week long canoe trip. She was very patient and understanding. I really owe her an experiance like the one the Falls View & Spa has to offer.

Don't get a room higher than the 10th floor. You will feel closer to the power of the falls in the lower rooms. I know this goes against traditional "the higher up the better" thinking but believe me on this one.

A second honeymoon near crossed my mind until my 2 day stay at this Marriott. When I get home she's going to be wondering about that smile on my face. Thanks for the inspiration.

Room Tip: Don't get a room higher than the 10th floor. You will feel closer to the power of the falls in t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Island_Joe095

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,297)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I didn't think it would be worth the money to have a room with a view but boy was I wrong. The views were amazing, watching the falls at sunset, at night lit up by various colored lights and at sunrise through the floor to ceiling windows. I can not imagine getting a better view any where else. The room itself was comfortable and clean. The staff were unbelievably friendly and the service was flawless. We booked a package on the Marriott website which included a credit at the Spa and Terrapin Grill.
We had dinner and breakfast at the Terrapin Grill and I have to agree with others that the dinner was one of our best meals. The breakfast buffet had everything you could want and again the service and food were terrific.
Since I had a credit I did get a facial at the Spa and it was a nice little escape. Again this hotel did not disappoint I was only sad that we had just one night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DA U
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 8 May 2012

1. DON'T BOOK A ROOM ABOVE THE 9TH FLOOR. When you go to check in, they will offer to upgrade you to a higher floor and the rate is negotiable and much lower than the rates online. They offered me a 19th floor room for $20 more per night. I heard them offer a higher floor room to another couple for $30. Some people have reported getting an upgrade for free. Also, if the the weather is rainy, you may not even be able to see the falls. We had a great view on our first day, but were unable to see a thing on the second day, and very little on the third day, due to thick fog. Apparently, this happens more frequently in the spring.
2. Get a package that includes breakfast. (AAA or CAA can often get a room discount AND breakfast for 2) The breakfast buffet is $23 per person and the cheapest thing on the menu is a bowl of oatmeal for $5. Even a continental breakfast is $14. Some packages offer you a dinner credit of $40, which is a scam, considering you can't buy a single entree for $40 or less. All are more expensive.
3. Don't park at the hotel. Both self-park and valet park are $25 per day, where as the casino down the street is $5. It's about a 10 minute walk.
4. They charge $10 for 5 minutes on the internet. If you need to print airline boarding passes, there is a free machine near the gift shop.
5. The conceirge is really a tour salesperson. If you have any questions, the front desk people can help you.
6. The "professional" web site pictures are NOT ACCURATE. The falls are not as close as they appear, nor do the rooms overlook the "center" of the falls. We were in the center of the hotel, on the 18th floor (really the 13th floor as there is no 1-4 or 13th floor). Our room was accross from the BACK of the U in of the Horseshoe Falls. We still had a good view of the American Falls and could see most of the Horseshoe Falls. If you want accurate pictures, look through the various photos submitted by guests.
7. Research restaurants in advance. We didn't and found ourselves at Outback Steakhouse paying double what our Outback back home charges. Within two blocks of the hotel, you will find an Outback, Applebee's, TGIF, Tony Roma's, Copacabana (Brazilian steakhouse where every steak is $49. Atmosphere not too great), and Zappi's Pizza ($20 for a large, very average, pizza).

At this point you're probably wondering how I could give this place 5 stars. It's a very nice Marriott. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were large. It's fairly updated and the staff is efficient. The beds are comfortable. The views are good from just about every room in the hotel. No rooms face the street.

We drove up to Niagara on the Lake for a day, stopping at the Botanical Gardens on the way. I really recommend the gardens, as they are beautiful and you only have to pay a $5 parking fee. There are several scenic overlooks on the way to Niagara on the Lake. We toured a winery and visited the little shops in town. It was a nice side-trip.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
23 Thank tamaralea
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The view of the falls from our room was incredible. The jacuzzi was a nice addition to the room. Our room was clean but we found a long, dark hair in the shower that did not belong to me or my husband. We called the front desk and the situation was promptly resolved to our satisfaction. This is our go-to Niagara Falls hotel and we have no desire to try a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie F
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was the first time my husband and I visited Niagara Falls and our trip was wonderful. We stayed two nights in a room with a King size bed and jacuzzi. The view was spectacular, the staff friendly, the service in the spa wonderful. Everyone was very helpful. There was a shuttle bus that made getting around the local sites easy and the valet service was very prompt when we needed our car when venturing out to wineries, etc. I can't say one bad thing about our stay- would highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mmluk
SALEM, MA
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Now that is the words that I live to hear. The junior presidential suite was perfect. Beautiful view, comfortable bed, very large hot tub and fire place. Only ate twice at hotel and both were breakfast, the free concierge and the terrepin grill. The free one was okay. The terripin grill was a very small buffet for $20 each.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

The pool and two whirlpools are huge! The bed is super comfy the jaccuzi is the largest I have ever had in room. The spa was very relaxing and the staff is good at massage. The lounge had a great variety of drinks and the terrapin grill was the best dinner we had all weekend.

• Stayed May 2012