Now I had to have read reviews about the hotels in the Niagara, ON region for months before finally settling on the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa. Even when I picked the hotel I was unsure because of some reviews saying that the hotel was outdated and had poor customer service. I want to start this review by saying how WRONG all negative comments are about this hotel.
On Sunday, July 15th we drove up to the front of the hotel. Two of the valet men came to our car and asked if we were leaving our car with them. We answered yes and they quickly took our information and asked if we would like assistance with our bags. VERY nice men and very interested in our reasons for staying with them. A great start to a perfect trip! They packed up our bags for us and told us to proceed inside and check in and our bags would meet us at our room.
The lobby is very beautiful and for being July I didn't think that it was super busy down there at all. We walked right up to the check-in desk to the far right and immediately checked in, opting to upgrade our room to the King Suite on the 17th floor. The man that checked us in was very friendly and efficient and he let us know that the windows on the 17th floor are a little bit larger than the rest of the floors due to how the building was constructed. We were quickly on our way up to the room.
I read reviews of the elevators being slow at this hotel. They were incredibly fast! We were at the 17th floor before we knew it! We arrived on the 17th floor and boy was the view spectacular!! We went straight to the window. The Horseshoe Falls were right outside of our window...it was perfect. The American Falls were down to the left but still extremely visible and beautiful in the morning. Within two minutes of being in the room our bags were with us.
The room was spotless and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and our separate living room was excellent. I will post pictures later!!
Now I will review what we did use at the hotel:
1. Room service -- We got breakfast delivered to our room on the first morning we were there. It was delicious and huge portions! We got the breakfast with two eggs in any style with bacon and toast and coffee. It was a perfect breakfast right in front of the falls. We also got Chicken Fingers for lunch on the second day. They were delicious as well and came to our room within 15-20 minutes of ordering. Perfect!
2. Starbucks in the lobby -- I got a coffee there twice in the mornings. Very good and quick service. They were there bright and early. I got the Cafe Latte and it was great both times.
3. Tour desk in the lobby -- Has listings of the restaurants in the areas with menus. This is a great tool! Also the tours that the hotel offers are fabulous. We went on the half-day winery tour and it was probably the highlight of the trip for me. The tour guide Sean was absolutely fantastic!
We did not use the pool or the hotel restaurant so I will not review those. I do want to add a little bit about how nice the location of this hotel is as well. When you come down from your room and walk across the lobby, go into the back corner past the gift shop and then pass the arcade (which looks very cool for kids). There is a door that goes out the back of the hotel. USE THIS DOOR FOR GETTING TO THE FALLS! When you exit, you can immediately go to The Keg (a restaurant that we did not try) and you can walk across the bridge over the street and to the Incline that brings you right down to the falls. It is very worth it and you are down to the falls within minutes.
We did The Maid of the Mist and Journey Behind the Falls. Both were excellent. I know the Whirpool Boat Tour and other stuff was supposed to be good too..we just weren't there long enough. We also did the Butterfly Conservatory which was a lot of fun. We also went to Clifton Hill and went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, which I don't really recommend doing unless you have a lot of time on your vacation. There are better things to see out there. Clifton Hill is a great area if you are going on a family vacation. Also, there is a people mover pass that you can purchase to take a bus between each of the attractions. You will want this for the Butterfly Conservatory, as it is pretty far out.
Now I want to mention a few good restaurants. Most of Niagara Falls permanent residents and people who run the restaurants are 100% Italian, so many of the restaurant choices are Italian or chain restaurants. The chain restaurants are much more expensive and the food isn't that great. Our first night we went to My Cousin Vinny's, which was actually good to my surprise. Service was excellent, the prices weren't horrible, and the food was delicious. It was also about a 3-5 minute walk from the Marriott.
Then we ate at Napoli Ristaurante and Pizzeria. It was the best meal I have ever had. This is quite a ways from the hotel so if you could take a bus out there I would recommend that. We walked the whole way which was a little uncomfortable in the heat. We arrive and the service was incredibly fast and the people were very friendly. We started with Calamari, which was excellent. My husband had the Bianca Pizza for dinner, individual portion, which had pears, brie cheese, carmelized onions, pancetta, etc on it. Delicious authentic Italian! I had the three cheese ravioli. All of their pasta and meats are cured in house and the sausage is also made from scratch. The ravioli was delicious!!! Then we had dessert....oh my word!!! Home made tiramisu and gelato. Both were extremely delicious. I also had an Italian coffee which was great with the gelato and everything. Just a perfect meal! We loved every second and knew any meal after would be a disappointment.
Then we went to Tony Roma's the last night because it was literally across the street from our hotel. Big mistake!! It was disgusting. I have pictures of my husband's burger that will turn anyone's stomach. Avoid chains!!!
Hope this review helps people. If you have any questions just contact me. A great place to vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fallsview Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa has the enviable distinction as being the closest hotel to Niagara Falls. As the area's premiere AAA Four Diamond, five-star luxury hotel in Niagara Falls, this Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel overlooks the majestic waterfalls and is located just minutes away from a variety of exciting attractions and casinos, as well as the Scotiabank Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel And Spa
- Niagara Falls Marriott