“Best Hotel EVER!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Farmington, New Hampshire
“Best Hotel EVER!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Now I had to have read reviews about the hotels in the Niagara, ON region for months before finally settling on the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa. Even when I picked the hotel I was unsure because of some reviews saying that the hotel was outdated and had poor customer service. I want to start this review by saying how WRONG all negative comments are about this hotel.

On Sunday, July 15th we drove up to the front of the hotel. Two of the valet men came to our car and asked if we were leaving our car with them. We answered yes and they quickly took our information and asked if we would like assistance with our bags. VERY nice men and very interested in our reasons for staying with them. A great start to a perfect trip! They packed up our bags for us and told us to proceed inside and check in and our bags would meet us at our room.

The lobby is very beautiful and for being July I didn't think that it was super busy down there at all. We walked right up to the check-in desk to the far right and immediately checked in, opting to upgrade our room to the King Suite on the 17th floor. The man that checked us in was very friendly and efficient and he let us know that the windows on the 17th floor are a little bit larger than the rest of the floors due to how the building was constructed. We were quickly on our way up to the room.

I read reviews of the elevators being slow at this hotel. They were incredibly fast! We were at the 17th floor before we knew it! We arrived on the 17th floor and boy was the view spectacular!! We went straight to the window. The Horseshoe Falls were right outside of our window...it was perfect. The American Falls were down to the left but still extremely visible and beautiful in the morning. Within two minutes of being in the room our bags were with us.

The room was spotless and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and our separate living room was excellent. I will post pictures later!!

Now I will review what we did use at the hotel:
1. Room service -- We got breakfast delivered to our room on the first morning we were there. It was delicious and huge portions! We got the breakfast with two eggs in any style with bacon and toast and coffee. It was a perfect breakfast right in front of the falls. We also got Chicken Fingers for lunch on the second day. They were delicious as well and came to our room within 15-20 minutes of ordering. Perfect!
2. Starbucks in the lobby -- I got a coffee there twice in the mornings. Very good and quick service. They were there bright and early. I got the Cafe Latte and it was great both times.
3. Tour desk in the lobby -- Has listings of the restaurants in the areas with menus. This is a great tool! Also the tours that the hotel offers are fabulous. We went on the half-day winery tour and it was probably the highlight of the trip for me. The tour guide Sean was absolutely fantastic!

We did not use the pool or the hotel restaurant so I will not review those. I do want to add a little bit about how nice the location of this hotel is as well. When you come down from your room and walk across the lobby, go into the back corner past the gift shop and then pass the arcade (which looks very cool for kids). There is a door that goes out the back of the hotel. USE THIS DOOR FOR GETTING TO THE FALLS! When you exit, you can immediately go to The Keg (a restaurant that we did not try) and you can walk across the bridge over the street and to the Incline that brings you right down to the falls. It is very worth it and you are down to the falls within minutes.

We did The Maid of the Mist and Journey Behind the Falls. Both were excellent. I know the Whirpool Boat Tour and other stuff was supposed to be good too..we just weren't there long enough. We also did the Butterfly Conservatory which was a lot of fun. We also went to Clifton Hill and went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, which I don't really recommend doing unless you have a lot of time on your vacation. There are better things to see out there. Clifton Hill is a great area if you are going on a family vacation. Also, there is a people mover pass that you can purchase to take a bus between each of the attractions. You will want this for the Butterfly Conservatory, as it is pretty far out.

Now I want to mention a few good restaurants. Most of Niagara Falls permanent residents and people who run the restaurants are 100% Italian, so many of the restaurant choices are Italian or chain restaurants. The chain restaurants are much more expensive and the food isn't that great. Our first night we went to My Cousin Vinny's, which was actually good to my surprise. Service was excellent, the prices weren't horrible, and the food was delicious. It was also about a 3-5 minute walk from the Marriott.

Then we ate at Napoli Ristaurante and Pizzeria. It was the best meal I have ever had. This is quite a ways from the hotel so if you could take a bus out there I would recommend that. We walked the whole way which was a little uncomfortable in the heat. We arrive and the service was incredibly fast and the people were very friendly. We started with Calamari, which was excellent. My husband had the Bianca Pizza for dinner, individual portion, which had pears, brie cheese, carmelized onions, pancetta, etc on it. Delicious authentic Italian! I had the three cheese ravioli. All of their pasta and meats are cured in house and the sausage is also made from scratch. The ravioli was delicious!!! Then we had dessert....oh my word!!! Home made tiramisu and gelato. Both were extremely delicious. I also had an Italian coffee which was great with the gelato and everything. Just a perfect meal! We loved every second and knew any meal after would be a disappointment.

Then we went to Tony Roma's the last night because it was literally across the street from our hotel. Big mistake!! It was disgusting. I have pictures of my husband's burger that will turn anyone's stomach. Avoid chains!!!

Hope this review helps people. If you have any questions just contact me. A great place to vacation!!!

Room Tip: 17th floor was great!!!!!!!!
13 Thank Chevelle716

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,419)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Royal Oak, Maryland
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is are first time to the falls amazing place.Booked room on 18th room excellant.See sit and watch the falls for hours.Night was even better with the different color lights on the falls.

Room Tip: he taxes kill you one nite 308.00 canada
3 Thank sandbarjonny
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Firstly, pay the little extra for a falls view room - you won't ever regret it. Then think about having room service, dinner and breakfast. The view at night from your room is unforgettable - the light show is great. And watching the falls again over breakfast is also great.
Car valet parking is just $25 for your stay, regardless of how many times you need your car. But why bother as you can easily walk everywhere from this hotel.
If we come back here, and I hope we do, we will always stay at this hotel. Thanks TA again for recommending a fantastic place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WalkersWA
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is neat and clean. The rooms that face the Falls had nice views. The elevators worked fine. We ate the breakfast buffet for 2 mornings and paid the $20 price (more or less) and felt that it was an average deal. The a la carte menu was ridiculously priced for what you get, so most patrons appeared to purchase the buffet. Having a Starbucks in the lobby was an added treat. There is a small arcade and a gift shop. The hotel is very convenient to the Niagara Incline, which is a shortcut ride down an embankment that drops you off several yards from the entrance to the main welcome center for the Falls. The hotel staff were courteous enough.
The parking situation is horrendous. It is a complete rip off at $25, and they highly encourage valet parking because self parking costs the same and the lot is far away. Pulling up the car for loading and unloading was nightmarish, because the area for drop-off/pick up is way too small for the rush they have all the livelong day. It is analagous to drop-off/pick-up at a busy airport where you might grab a spot by the curb and then get boxed in by other vehicles doing the same. I would recommend dropping off your crew and then parking at the Fallsview hotel a few blocks down where you pay a per exit charge of $5 to $10 or higher depending on the day of the week that you leave the lot. We stayed in NIagara for more than 48 hours and paid only $5 as we did not move our car the whole time.

Room Tip: try to get one close to the elevator and above the 7th if you can.
5 Thank Fiend
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I heard that the view of Niagara Falls was much better on the Canadian side. Which gave another reason for my wife and I to take a trip to Toronto.

I needed to reserve a room for six, so I was able to get the Family Suite with 2 Queen beds and pull-out couch. Well all loved our view from the 15th flr. It was all clean (my wife never complained). My sister-in-law brought food from home so we all sat around the little table eating a late lunch/early dinner taking turns to hang around the window to view in awe, one of God's creation. It's pricey, i know, but you're there til check out time to enjoy what you can. Otherwise you can always go out and walk around.

My only disappointment was being charged for parking and in-room internet (Note: Public area is free but I really wanted to relax in bed).

2 Thank omegaman2k
Austin, TX
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Rooms had two chairs with ottomans facing a huge window with a spectacular view of the Falls. One could sit there for a long time and enjoy the views. No Wifi in rooms without paying for it, but free wifi in the lobby. We are use to Marriott resorts having free coffee in the lobby area but not here at they have a Starbucks, well sort of my Starbuck's card was not accepted. Pricey coffee to say the least and a draft beer in the bar was $9 CN.

Lots to see and do in the Niagara Falls, Ontario area. Lots of vineyards, wineries, Inns, B&Bs, etc. Stay on Canadian side for the best views and hotels near the Falls.

Room Tip: Don't use points as they will stick you with a 5th floor room facing the street opposite the Fal...
1 Thank TallTex_Austin
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary this month, and we were not impressed. If you get a falls view room it probably is the best view in Niagara, but we didn't want to spend another $50 on an already overpriced room. There is nothing to complain about, it's just not worth the price we paid. Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. The location is convenient but you will have to pay $3 to ride the rail up and down to down to the falls. We had a non falls view room with a king which was very small and the bathroom was dark and hard to see while in the shower. The room was clean though and the bed was comfortable. The hotel lobby is nice but they need to update the rest of the hotel. The hallways and the rooms are a little worn.

1 Thank Traveler25717