“Amazing stay!”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 September 2012

One word can summarize our stay at the hotel: amazing!
From the very first moment that we were greeted by the valet at the entrance, through our check in experience and finally our check out - everything went very pleasantly, smooth, efficient and with a strong aftertaste for more!

The room was very clean and beautiful, the location is very convenient and of course... what a view!
Plenty of restaurants nearby and everything is within a walking distance.

The only negative remark is the expensive parking: 25$ per night, valet only. But, very important to add, is that you get a great valet service for your money.

Room Tip: Book the rooms with the view to the waterfall!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vitaly P
There are newer reviews for Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

The best reason to stay in this hotel is the amazing view from your room. No regrets, worth the cost to get a room with a falls view. We could even see the falls from the jacuzzi tub. The room window is so large, the length of the wall. It was a joy to sit by the window and enjoy our morning coffee with niagra falls view

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Angie90262
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We booked a room on the 21st floor-Superior Fallsview. IT WAS !!! You can see for miles in many directions and of course the Horseshoe Falls. We decided a one time trip to Niagara Falls that we needed to have a room like this. I guess it depends how much money to spend & if you plan on returning. If we planned on going back maybe we would have stayed at a more moderate priced hotel. The hotel needs a little updating when I think of Marriott standards. We also ate breakfast one morning at the hotel good, and the service was very good. They have regular breakfast and of course the breakfast buffet. You can find cheaper breakfast at other places in Niagara Falls.
Now the not so good part. When I attempted to book the room (internet) in August, I forgot to write down the confirm#. So, when I went looking for a confirm email weeks later I could not find one. I called the hotel and they had no reservations. They basically told me has nothing to do with them. Therefore, I ended up paying about 13% for our room. I have made 100's of reservations over the internet for all over the world and never experienced this. I also discussed this with the front desk manager at the hotel and he told me we do not accept any responsibility for something like this.
What can I do at this point. In this case, customer not a top priority to even consider something could of happened on Marriott.com side. Therefore, the reason for not an excellent rating.

Room Tip: Superior View
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Our family of five stayed at this hotel in August on a visit to Niagra Falls. The view was totally amazing. I had originally booked a family suite as we have three children (9,7,4) and I thought it would give us a bit of extra room we are used to having when traveling. Once we checked into the hotel we went up to the room we were assigned and although large it did not have the view I was hoping for. I went back down to the lobby and talked with the staff and I was able to switch to a room on a higher floor. This room had a phenomenal view, but was smaller.

We only were staying for two nights, so we opted for the view over the size. I am so happy we made this choice. We spent very little time in the room and it was so wonderful to wake up to the view in the morning. Also, during our stay there were fireworks over The Falls and we opted to watch from the room. It was great, we got the kids ready for bed and sat in the sitting room area and watched the fireworks in our PJs!

The room were stayed in was a junior suite and did have a separate sitting area, but was still on the smaller side. I thought the hotel was lovely and the lobby and other common areas were nice. It was, however, expensive as is pretty much everything in the Niagra Falls region.

There was no microwave and only a very small refrigerator that was locked and contained the mini bar items. Since we our a family with younger children I do like to keep some waters and small snacks (yogurt, cheese sticks, carrot sticks) on hand. Luckily this was our last stop on our vacation this year and I had used up our snacks, but I really think if you are trying to appeal to families a small accessible refregerator is necessary. I understand that the hotel is pushing their $10 bottled waters, but equally important is listening to the needs of your customers.

One negative was the length of time required to get our car from valet. On our first morning we called to valet and were told the average wait time is 20 minutes. I simply thought this was too long to wait and the valet area was quite congested which made me anxious with younger children in tow. Luckily, we found this out the first morning as we had to catch a flight out of Buffalo the following morning. We were concered about our timing as we had account for a boarder crossing as well. As it turned out, neither of these were what caused us to be a bit later than we wanted to be. We had requested room service breakfast for the morning of checkout and we did so by hanging the card on our door the night before that indicated our order and the time of delivery. Our breakfast arrived over 15 minutes after the window of delivery was promised and that was after we made several phone calls to inquire about our order. The late breakfast combined with a long wait for the bellman made us a uneasy about our check out time. I am not sure if this is continuous problem or simply because we were there on a weekend, but you may need to allow for extra time when leaving the hotel.

We would most certainly stay at this hotel again if we traveled back to the region despite the service issues, which I normally would not overlook. There are many choices for lodging in this area, but if your main reason for travel is to see The Falls then this is where you want to stay and take the service issues into account and plan accordingly.

Room Tip: Request the highest floor possible to take advantage of the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I loved the location of the hotel and the view is beautiful, but make sure you get the fall view not city view. I really roils recommend it for romantic getaway or a honeymoon. Also, get the room with spa it is really nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 20 September 2012

After visiting the USA side of the falls, my husband and I ventured to the Canadian side which is much less "woodsy" and much more "Vegas." We stayed in a lovely B&B on the U.S. side close to Goat Island which we enjoyed very much; but we knew we wanted a big splashy hotel with a hot tub and a to-die-for view of the falls in Canada, and that's exactly what we got.

You couldn't ask for better accommodations. The room was beautiful, the hot tub was great, the bed was luxurious and VERY comfortable, and the view of the falls was FABULOUS! One afternoon we just sat by the huge picture window and watched the the panorama of the falls, people, boats, mists and rainbows. We opened the little window and heard the sound of the falls. The Falls Illumination was beautiful from our window and the fireworks were first-rate. I don't know what more you could ask for.

The hotel has a shuttle and will take you to Casinos and other places of interest at the falls - ask for a free pass.

The hotel is located right above the Table Rock Welcome Centre. You can also take the Falls Incline Railway down to the Centre and save your legs for walking down there. It's very convenient and very inexpensive. At the Centre there are buses that take you anywhere you want to go. You can get the Adventure Pass that includes the highlights of Niagara Falls Canada; it includes all bus transportation. Park your car at the hotel or better yet, valet park it. You really don't need your car until you leave.

Room Tip: You must specifically ask for a "falls view" room or you could end up with something less...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IL-Snowbirds
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. We stayed at the Country Inn the first night we arrived, but it was not really a great experience. We had a fallsview room on the 18th floor which had an amazing view. The fireplace was a nice touch, but not a necessity. It had a huge panoramic window overlooking the falls. The whole hotel ambiance was wonderful. The pool and hot tub were nice but chlorinated heavily where it burned my eyes.

Room Tip: Definitely get a fallsview room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family