“great stay, great hotel!”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
staten island,ny
“great stay, great hotel!”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my bf from September 17 - 19, 2012. I booked a King Fallsview room with a AAA rate of 179 a night which i thought was pretty good to begin with. A week before, i checked again and it was 170 and included breakfast for 2 each morning. even better! When we got there, our room was bigger than expected and upon coming home, i realized that they had upgraded us to what looked like the Jr Presidential Suite (Separate sitting room, fireplace, etc). It was really nice! The only thing is we couldn't find the mini fridge in the room, i looked once and didnt find it. I guess it must have been hidden but i didnt go crazy and it wasnt a big deal. LOL. Everyone was friendly at the hotel and the breakfast in the Terrapin Room was great, and included so even better considering that saved us $80 for the 2 nights we were there. It was nice to be able to walk to the casino and nice that the WEGO bus stopped right there. I think it had the best view of the falls too and you can't beat a starbucks right in the lobby! I highly reccomend this hotel!

Room Tip: splurge on a fallsview room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,296)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel was positioned directly overlooking Niagara Falls and was located at the further point of the main strip of hotels. It was a great central location although far enough away not to be disturbed by any noise. Everything was in walking distance.The restaurant has a fantastic view and was very reasonably priced.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jetsetter992
NYC
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I don't know that I would ever tire of looking at the awesome view of Niagara Falls from the window of the room. I watched the sun rise over the falls and even found the rain fascinating. Beyond the view, the room was a Marriott. That is to say it was clean and nice in a corporate way and was pretty much what you would expect. The staff was very friendly and was very welcoming and pleasant. Without the view it would, however, just be a big chain hotel. But there is no question the Canadians got the best vantage point of the falls and this hotel took full advantage of it. One note of warning. Don't be tempted to eat at the restaurant. In a town where the food is pretty average at best, the food there didn't even hit the average mark. But hey, the Starbucks was convenient and like I said, the view is everything.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank OrionNYC
Reviewed 23 September 2012

You can't get a better view of Niagra Falls, day or night. The staff is helpful and the restaurant is good, though a bit over-priced. But there's too much water in the bathtub -- housecleaning needed to unplug the bathtub drain. Still, overall clean and impressive.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Milt0717
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 22 September 2012

One word can summarize our stay at the hotel: amazing!
From the very first moment that we were greeted by the valet at the entrance, through our check in experience and finally our check out - everything went very pleasantly, smooth, efficient and with a strong aftertaste for more!

The room was very clean and beautiful, the location is very convenient and of course... what a view!
Plenty of restaurants nearby and everything is within a walking distance.

The only negative remark is the expensive parking: 25$ per night, valet only. But, very important to add, is that you get a great valet service for your money.

Room Tip: Book the rooms with the view to the waterfall!
1 Thank Vitaly P
California, Maryland
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

The best reason to stay in this hotel is the amazing view from your room. No regrets, worth the cost to get a room with a falls view. We could even see the falls from the jacuzzi tub. The room window is so large, the length of the wall. It was a joy to sit by the window and enjoy our morning coffee with niagra falls view

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Angie90262
Orange, CA
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We booked a room on the 21st floor-Superior Fallsview. IT WAS !!! You can see for miles in many directions and of course the Horseshoe Falls. We decided a one time trip to Niagara Falls that we needed to have a room like this. I guess it depends how much money to spend & if you plan on returning. If we planned on going back maybe we would have stayed at a more moderate priced hotel. The hotel needs a little updating when I think of Marriott standards. We also ate breakfast one morning at the hotel good, and the service was very good. They have regular breakfast and of course the breakfast buffet. You can find cheaper breakfast at other places in Niagara Falls.
Now the not so good part. When I attempted to book the room (internet) in August, I forgot to write down the confirm#. So, when I went looking for a confirm email weeks later I could not find one. I called the hotel and they had no reservations. They basically told me has nothing to do with them. Therefore, I ended up paying about 13% for our room. I have made 100's of reservations over the internet for all over the world and never experienced this. I also discussed this with the front desk manager at the hotel and he told me we do not accept any responsibility for something like this.
What can I do at this point. In this case, customer not a top priority to even consider something could of happened on Marriott.com side. Therefore, the reason for not an excellent rating.

Room Tip: Superior View