“Unbelievable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rome, Italy
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had the chance to be hosted at the 14th floor of this unique hotel facing Niagara falls. There are no words to represent the feeling when waking up you open the curtain and watch outside. In addition good service and lovely staff. Not to be missed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,421)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We've been staying at the Marriott Fallsview every September for the past six years. We stay for two or three nights, and always can find a package that works for us that includes the Breakfast buffet everyday, and a credit towards Dinner. The location is so convienient. Just take the Incline down to the Falls, or take the Shuttle to the Casino or the other end of town. It's still warm enough to enjoy the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds, without any really long lines.
Our rooms have always had such incredible views of the Falls that I never feel like I get enough time to just sit and stare out my window!!
We drive over to charming Niagara-on-the-Lake for some shopping, and to see one of the shows at the Shaw Festival.
It is the perfect getaway for the close of Summer - can't wait for next year.

1 Thank travelinrose31
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Niagara Falls over 35 years. A lot has changed over this time...some good and some not so good, but one thing has remained the same---the beauty of the falls themselves.

The past 3 visits, we have stayed at the Marriott Fallsview; and I honestly don't know why I would consider any other hotel. Yes, it is pricey, but you are here to see the falls, so why not see it from the comfort of your room. I can't tell you how much time I've spent just sitting in THAT chair soaking in THAT view:)

There are MANY reviews on this hotel, so I will focus on a few pointers:

1) Once you've booked online, keep an eye on the rates. They tend to get higher as your date approaches, but you may find a sweet spot where the rates actually decline depending on how far out you reserved. I know I did. I booked the 2 night package, and it went down $25/night. I called and spoke with a very congenial gentleman who not only changed my reservation but also made sure I got an email confirmation (he even waited on the phone while I checked it)!
2) Do NOT use the valet/self-parking unless you absolutely must! At $25 + tax per night, you can realize a substantial savings by using the Fallsview Casino parking right down the street. You may enter the garage from several places on Fallsview and also from Murray. Depending on the season, you will pay $5 (no tax) for your entire stay if you don't leave the garage until the end of your stay. You pay on the way out, and you get no time-stamped ticket. My husband dropped me and our luggage off at the front of the hotel. Once the valets realized we didn't need their assistance, they left me alone. 15 minutes later, he had returned and we proceeded to check in. I saw people waiting longer than that for their vehicles from the valet.
3) About check-in, it never hurts to mention if this is a return visit to the Marriott and if you are celebrating something special. I mentioned it was our 3rd visit, and that we were belatedly celebrating our anniversary. Just like that,we were upgraded to a junior suite from a superior fallsview king w/jacuzzi and fireplace for no extra charge. We were also given a little container of chocolates. The junior suite has that extra little room with sofa bed and chair. Some may have an extra tv in the room (there was a cable). Ours didn't, but we didn't care. It just allows some extra room to spread out, which is appreciated.
4) Do the package! The breakfast is convenient, the setting lovely, the wait staff charming and the food filling and good. If you don't use the $40 Terrapin dinner voucher, don't sweat it. You'll still come out ahead. Cody, the omelet chef, is wonderful. The breakfast buffet has anything you could possibly want. You must ask your waiter/waitress for toast, however. Not that you want to be tacky, but no one blinks an eye if you leave with a couple pieces of fruit for later. There is are also cups of yogurt which might come in handy later. The little room fridge is not meant for vast storage, but it would accommodate a few extra items.
5) Speaking of the room fridge, don't forget the key to it when you check in. Not much space, but there was a corkscrew. We didn't bring wine with us, but we did buy a bottle at the shop in the Fallsview Casino mall. Actually reasonably priced, and they have a lot of chilled bottles.
6) Use the free attractions shuttle at every opportunity! There is a map on the MF site, but they will also give you one when you check in. (don't forget to get a ticket, too) It has 10 stops and runs 7 days 10 am - midnight. It picks up in front of the MF on the hour and half hour (there is a clearly marked sign). The shuttle bus is operated by Magnificent Tours, which also handles the tours you book through the lobby tour desk. The bus goes as far as the Sheraton on the Falls/Hard Rock Cafe/Water Park on Niagara Parkway. If you don't want to climb the hill (or pay and use the funicular), catch it at Queen Victoria Park/Murray Street and get a ride back to the MF. If you want to catch Clifton Hill above the hill, get off at the Marriott Courtyard stop and walk down the street a block to the beginning of the hill. You'll get the hang of it.
7) For more extensive shuttle service, try the fairly new Wego buses (they replaced the People Mover). They stop at Table Rock regularly, and you may buy day passes at that stop. While we were there, they were only charging $7/adult per day (should have been $11.30). We didn't use the shuttle, but it covers a LOT of territory. Go to their site: www.niagarafallstourism.com/services/transportation/wego/ for more information.

We have absolutely no complaints regarding our stay. Room was spotless, bed and bedding were amazing, help was warm, and the view was...basically why you spend the extra $ to stay here! Keep up the good work, Marriott Fallsview! Yes, they charge extra for WiFi in the room. My husband just used the free lobby access.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: If you are celebrating a special day, mention it at check-in, and you might be pleasantly surprised!
2 Thank janea54
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2012

the hotel was really nice.. king size bed that you just melted in to. They had two big chairs facing the window where there was the best view of the falls. Big spa tub that you can see falls from in room. This was a great place to stay. Close to everything. Had to pay $25 to park the car for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: we were on the 10th floor... great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
staten island,ny
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my bf from September 17 - 19, 2012. I booked a King Fallsview room with a AAA rate of 179 a night which i thought was pretty good to begin with. A week before, i checked again and it was 170 and included breakfast for 2 each morning. even better! When we got there, our room was bigger than expected and upon coming home, i realized that they had upgraded us to what looked like the Jr Presidential Suite (Separate sitting room, fireplace, etc). It was really nice! The only thing is we couldn't find the mini fridge in the room, i looked once and didnt find it. I guess it must have been hidden but i didnt go crazy and it wasnt a big deal. LOL. Everyone was friendly at the hotel and the breakfast in the Terrapin Room was great, and included so even better considering that saved us $80 for the 2 nights we were there. It was nice to be able to walk to the casino and nice that the WEGO bus stopped right there. I think it had the best view of the falls too and you can't beat a starbucks right in the lobby! I highly reccomend this hotel!

Room Tip: splurge on a fallsview room
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel was positioned directly overlooking Niagara Falls and was located at the further point of the main strip of hotels. It was a great central location although far enough away not to be disturbed by any noise. Everything was in walking distance.The restaurant has a fantastic view and was very reasonably priced.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jetsetter992
NYC
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I don't know that I would ever tire of looking at the awesome view of Niagara Falls from the window of the room. I watched the sun rise over the falls and even found the rain fascinating. Beyond the view, the room was a Marriott. That is to say it was clean and nice in a corporate way and was pretty much what you would expect. The staff was very friendly and was very welcoming and pleasant. Without the view it would, however, just be a big chain hotel. But there is no question the Canadians got the best vantage point of the falls and this hotel took full advantage of it. One note of warning. Don't be tempted to eat at the restaurant. In a town where the food is pretty average at best, the food there didn't even hit the average mark. But hey, the Starbucks was convenient and like I said, the view is everything.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends