“Comfortable room with a million dollar view”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa for two nights in June 2013. Our room was located on the 15th floor of the hotel and had a view of the American and Canadian Horseshoe falls. The room was a standard room with two queen beds. I found the room to be a reasonable size and it was very clean. The beds were very soft and comfortable. The bathroom was rather big and was also spotless. Both the room and the bathroom were a bit dated in decor, but made up for it in the view. Oh my, what a view! Our window was centered above the Canadian Horseshoe falls and the American falls were a little off to the left. It provided a relaxing way to end the evening.

We bought a package deal that included two free breakfasts at the hotel's restaurant the Terrapin Grill. The breakfast is buffet style and they also have an omelet chef that will prepare the omelets however you like. I was very impressed by their spread of sausages, eggs, bacon, potatoes, danishes, fruits, yogurts and the like.

The hotel also has a small bar in their lobby which was nice, but a bit pricey. Beers were about $9 Canadian for a draft and their selection was very limited.

A nice amenity was the bell hop service. They will hold your bags if you arrive a bit early and then bring them to your room when you check in. They also have a valet car service which I found to be useful since we either walked or used the WeGo buses for our entire stay.

The hotel is also a few blocks from the Fallsview Casino and there were restaurants of many kinds within walking distance.

All in all our stay at the hotel was comfortable and pleasant!

Room Tip: 15th floor had a fantastic view of the falls
2  Thank midnight1020
Write a ReviewReviews (7,581)

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The main plus for this hotel is it's location which is fabulous overlooking the falls. The rooms were good as one might expect in a Mariott if a little expensive. We did not eat in the hotel as there were a lot of us and the price would have been prohibitive there is an all day breakfast next door which is excellent value. The pool is very nice but lacks a changing area which is a deficit as there are no robes available in the rooms.

Room Tip: higher floors have better view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We drove from Boston to Niagara Falls (6 adults and 4 kids) and stayed at The Marriott Fallsview in May 2013. Before the trip, we researched several hotels and we couldn't be happier with our decision to stay at the Marriott. Infact, I think Marriott Fallsview is by far the best hotel to stay at Niagara Falls and here are my top 5 reasons why:

1. View of the Falls - I believe Marriott is closest to Canadian Falls than any other hotel. The view of the Falls from the lobby is simply awesome. Make sure you get a room as high up as possible for better view. We were on the 14 floor and you can check out the pictures to get an idea of the view from our room. The windows in the room open a little (like 2 inches or so) to hear the roar of the Falls which you wont hear if you are farther away in any other hotel. It's very soothing and powerful at the same time - makes a big difference. I also realized that many hotels that claim to be close to the Falls are way off. Many are close to Clifton Street (this is where you get on Maid of the Mist) which is great area and close to American Falls but nowhere close to the Canadian Falls. Make sure you check out the Google satellite map of the area before making the decision.

2. We-Go Bus Stop - There is lot to do in Niagara Falls and the best way to get around is the hop on/hop off bus called the We-Go bus. We found the bus extremely convenient and the bus stop is right outside the Marriott. Our stay also included the We-Go bus tickets for 2-days which was great. It is very nice to get dropped off right outside the hotel when you get back after a long day of sightseeing, etc.

3. Staff and Service - The staff and service at The Marriott was wonderful. I mean everyone including the valet parking guys, hostess, servers, folks in the gift shop, etc. were very friendly, helpful and simply superb. You get the sense of Canadian hospitality the moment you arrive at the hotel.

4. Cleanliness - The entire hotel is very well maintained. The rooms, lobby, restaurant, etc. are in great shape, well-maintained and clean. We got a crib and extra bed in our room which was very clean too.

5. Starbucks - Yes, there is a Starbucks in the hotel. Not sure if you are big fan but it was a lot of fun sipping Starbucks early morning in the lobby with my 2 year old on the lap watching the Falls.

I have posted a detailed account of our trip (with pictures and video) on my blog - http://www.boston-to-niagara-falls.com. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Just had a TERRIBLE experience this past long weekend in this hotel. A waitress spilled hot water from a teapot onto my one year old nephew's head. Poor thing was asleep in his stroller and woke up screaming in pain. We had to request ice for the burn and an ambulance (the site manager offered us directions to a walk-in clinic - I mean, really???). Thankfully because WE applied the ice straight away it was not as serious as we initially thought, but it was still a trying experience and the rest of our trip was ruined. And what was the hotel's response? Crediting us for breakfast (which we never got to finish anyway) and a few extra hours in the room. I can't help but wonder whether customers with a more 'polished' look would have received the same treatment under similar circumstances. At the end of the day we spent tons of money for four fallsview rooms and a ruined vacation. To top it off, after I wrote a similar complaint on their Facebook page this morning, I returned to check if they replied to it, only to find it DELETED from their wall. Unbelievable!!! Do NOT stay here!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank Aqua4444
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights over the weekend and were very impressed with the service. It was top notch all the way through.

First, important thing to know is that the incline railway is out of service, as it's being completely renovated. What that means is that it is at least a 20 minute walk all the way down to Murray Street and then down the hill to Victoria Place, then back along the river to Table Rock and Journey Behind the Falls. (Once the incline railway reopens, you could jump on it basically right behind the hotel and it drops you right at Table Rock and the information center.) It's downhill all the way and uphill all the way back and it was impossible for us to find a cab, so just be aware.

The room design is good -- we had a fallsview king room and it was quite large with lots of floor space to roll out my yoga mat. It was also great to have the opening above the Jacuzzi (that does have doors, if you want to close them), so you could still see the view when you're brushing your teeth at the sink (the shower and toilet are in a different, enclosed room).

Our main frustration with the room is that the door that connected to the next room was very easy to hear our neighbors through. The first night, the poor lady next door coughed ALL NIGHT and it was difficult to get to sleep. The second night, a family with what sounded like twelve kids checked in next door and I could hear every word they said. I've been meaning to update my profile with Marriott to request no adjoining rooms, and this was definitely the final push to have me do that!

Our room was on the 5th floor and the view was just ok. We could see part of the American Falls and then a very small part of the Horseshoe Falls between the trees. Don't get me wrong, it's the best view I've ever had from a hotel room, but they ask $399 per night for these rooms because of the view and the view from the 5th floor is just not worth that. The front desk did offer to upgrade us to a two level suite for an additional $200/night, but we declined.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tripgirlMichigan
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have stayed at many Marriott properties with a positive review. I would rate this place as very good as far as comfort. The price was probably a little more than it should have been. A king bed with a river view wound up costing $245.00 US including a $30 parking fee. We did have a "river" view. The room was comfortable, but the carpet was stained. The shower was nice, but the lighting was interesting. The bathroom had good light at the mirror, but no light by the shower. We did not use the valet parking (no extra cost) and chose to self park. We had to make a coule trips back to our vehicle. The parking lot was several blocks away. The hotel would have been close to the falls, but the rail to the falls was out of order and wound up being quite a walk to the falls. You have to walk several blocks north, a couple blocks east, and then several blocks south back to the falls. A long walk, but if the lift were operable, it would have been a three minute walk to the falls. The hotel is nice, but you can probaly find a better deal if you look.

2  Thank ddabh
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Chose this hotel for the view and was not disappointed. 11th floor room gave an unrivalled view of the Horseshoe Falls. Hotel is within walking distance of the main attraction and a bus stop outside links with the We Go system. Cost of parking is advertised but is still expensive. Breakfast was very good as was the service. Swimming pool area disappointing.