“Lovely hotel overlooking falls”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here in May 2013 in a room overlooking the falls.

The view from the room was magnificent and we could have just sat and watched the falls for hours. Great view for the fireworks as well.

Ordered room service twice and it was nice if not spectacular. Front desk and other staff were helpful and polite.

Hotel is on the expensive side but that is mostly due to its proximity to the falls. The rooms etc will soon need to be upgraded.

We had a nice stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business and the view from my 14th floor room was second to none. I only wish it was a more beautiful day or evening when I was there. Anyway, I loved the view, and the sitting area at the window with the electric fireplace was definately a nice touch. This hotel was very clean, and the staff friendly.I was however unimpressed with the $30.00 valet parking (although the valet attendants were friendly and attentive brushing off snow from the windshield, and very personable in the morning). While I did not access Wifi, I understand there was a charge of more than $10.00 for that privilege. To watch a movie in my room which had just just left the movie theates was $16, and my co-worker bought a craft beer in the hotel bar which cost him $22.00 !! (While it was enough for each of us to have a glass, $22.00 for a beer is ridiculous !!) The one litre bottle of water in my room was a mere $6.95 - insane !! The room rate at $146.00 taxes included, was actually one of the few things I thought was fair and reasonable considering the view. The location for this hotel was excellent, while the view from my room was outstanding. The hotel is within walking distance of the Casino, and several restuarants and bars. It was clean and the hotel staff very friendly. Some of the pricing though, particularly during the slow off season, simply left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My husband and I went on vacation to Niagara Falls this year and we stayed at the Marriott Fallsview Hotel and it was great! We had a wonderful room over looking the falls. We were impressed with the level of friendliness and competence of the entire staff from front desk, to restaurant, valet, and so on. I was especially impressed with the fact that they remembered us when we encountered them later - they would ask about our stay or the event we had mentioned going to.

Room Tip: Request a Fallsview room if it is available it is worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here in October on the advice of friends and from the reviews. Best view of the falls (Canadian and American). We were on the 5th floor and the view was obstructed a little by the roof below, but it was still very good. Try to get a floor that is a little higher up.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the falls.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clbrunetti
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel in November - a very quiet time of year for Niagara Falls. The room we chose had a view of the falls - a spectacular view at that! The beds were very cozy, the hotel was clean and the staff was very hospitable. There is a small pool in the basement (a big need in the winter) - nice for playing with the kids. I didn't use the exercise facility but it looked good. Overall a great stay - we will be back (hopefully in the Summer when the weather is bit nicer).

Room Tip: Outside of the hotel, to the right, is Fuel - the best place to get breakfast. Great crepes. Also...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here as a special treat for my husband's birthday. We were on the 16th floor with an awesome view of the Falls. My husband enjoyed his deep tissue massage while I enjoyed the whirlpool in the room. Our package included a card towards the slot machines at the casino. We are not gamblers so we needed someone to help us out but at the end of the time we won $21. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was average. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Overall we had a great time the hotel. It was hard to leave the room and take your eyes off the Falls.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This hotel is so nice and the min you walk in the room and open the curtains wow is your reaction the view is amazing. The pictures you see on the website of the view is real. Walking distance to the falls, shops and eateries. Great location. Staff friendly and all willing to help you. Would definitely stay again and hopefully soon.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family