“Australians to Niagara”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Follansbee, West Virginia
“Australians to Niagara”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From time of arrival till time of departure the trip was a success. Visited the falls on first day and the butterfly exhibit on the second day. Enjoyed both. Will go back again in another year of so. The parking was off site in secured lots.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 23 floor. From here you look down at the falls. 15,16,17,18 floors you look into the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,296)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

this was a lucky booking that i found as a valued deal through booking.com. every room in the hotel had a view overlooking the falls. I had a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. this was the first time that i did not need to watch any tv. the picture window from the room was all the viewing that i needed. wifi is not free but available for about $10/day. i will clue u in to the fact that u wouldn't need to bring your appletv. the input devices are disabled on the tv's and u wont be able to switch. trust me i tried. all in all this was a great experience. thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Christopher D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

hotel was nice and clean .it was really expensive for the room but view was awesome !we paid hotel +all taxes and fees by agency .Parking for 2. night with a taxes came in to 71.5 $can.I paid a charge on checkout when we were leaving a hotel with cash because we had a lot of money leftover and I didn't like a foreign charges on my credit card acct.after 5 days I notice charge of 123.$for ???? I dont have idea what !!!!We left room in good condition and didn't use drink or internet or...I was shocked !!!!!!!!!!!I call my bank and report anautorized charges on my acct.No call or letter of expleination -nothing !Just unpleiassent suprise !!!!!! so may total come into 623$for room +71.5$for parking -these charges i paid and +123 $-don;t know why or what for only 2. days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!outrages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very clean, comfortable rooms, comfy beds with customizable pillows.

Got an amazing deal on a package. If I had paid more I am not sure I would have been as impressed.

Reception staff is friendly. Beware - they charged me for parking even though I didn't park there (parked at the days inn up the road instead, it was $10 or $15 - can't quite remember - instead of the $30 they charge here).

The reception desk person offered us an upgrade for $25 (king bed, higher floor), then when I said no he said well I will put you in a bigger room on a slightly higher floor anyhow. This ended up being a family room or a junior suite type room. The living room was the part of the room that was at the window, I think I would have preferred a room where the bed was by the window but maybe that is just me.

We went to breakfast late (near the end) and there was a 20+ minute wait to get a table - so try to get out of bed earlier than we did if you want a peaceful breakfast and no wait!!! (This was on a Monday morning as well, on the weekend mornings it would be even busier). The buffet was really good though, a lot of variety. And you can even see the falls from the breakfast restaurant. If they had offered soy milk or any non dairy milk options with breakfast, this rating would be higher.

The pool was closed due to a mysterious incident involving some bodily fluids or another, but we didn't really have time to use it anyhow.

Nice big, modern bathroom.

Would stay there again on the off season. I think I would find it too crowded during the summer.

Also, beware - the Starbucks in the lobby charges about 30% more than Starbucks not in their lobby.

Enjoy the falls! It's an amazing place to visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Pink_Buddha
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for providing comment from your recent stay. I have shared your positive comments with our team regarding the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of the reception staff. I apologize that our restaurant staff did not more adequately explain our option for non-dairy milk; unfortunately due to the size of the packaging for Soy milk we do have it available even though it is not on the buffet.

I look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Niagara Falls.

Jeremy Brown
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Best views of the falls we were in 1124 and just opposite the falls with an armchair to sit and watch
Valet service v v v slow but very reasonable service, gym and pool good

Best location in town to see the falls although some distance from tacky shops

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We just returned from our visit to Niagara. The Marriott was clean, comfortable and the location was excellent. A very nice hotel. We requested a room with a view and our view of Horseshoe Falls was spectacular (even better than we expected)! Our room was a King Spa on the 11th floor. You could open the window and hear the falls right in our room. The room also had two comfortable chairs with an ottoman by the window to relax and enjoy the view. The falls are lit up until midnight which made the evening view also beautiful. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The location is very nice for walking to the falls, casino, restaurants, etc. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby!
The only negative thing I can say is that parking is $30 a night, however, we only stayed one evening and got a fair rate on the room (we paid much higher for a room in DC with no view and much smaller). If I knew anyone traveling to Niagara Falls and planning to stay on the Canadian side, I would insist they stay at this hotel with a Falls view.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MirabellaFlorida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during the 2014 Memorial Day weekend. Due to a mix up with our reservations and limited availability, we were forced to stay in a river view room the 1st night and transferred to a falls view room on the 2nd night. The falls view room was definitely worth the extra money. I would not stay here if I were not staying in a falls view room. The rooms were nice; typical of any other Marriott. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The prime rib at the Terapin Grill was absolutely amazing. With regard to the service, the service was decent but not exceptional.

In my opinion, what makes this hotel the best in Niagara Falls is the combination of the Falls View room, comfortable beds, food at the restaurant, and the spa on-site.

Room Tip: Stay in a falls view room only. It is best to stay on a higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family