“View phenomenal and beds comfortable”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent two days there and it's very close to everything. The view from the room was phenomenal and the room large and comfortable. I wish there was a in room fridge instead of a locked key mini fridge.

Room Tip: Must face the falls
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KkFiff
Write a ReviewReviews (7,497)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Reservation: I booked 2 months in advance fall view room. When I show up I got a partial view room (even that view was blocked by trees - room 616), because they claim they had a glitch. I felt it was racially motivated. I did not see anyone else treated this badly. To set the record straight, we usually stay at Marriott chain hotels (silver member) and never been treated this badly. They tried to offset the mistake by reducing the room rate and providing coupons for free breakfast and a few other worthless coupons. Imagine this a family of 4 making a trip from Houston - cost of air fare and car rental does not cover the freebies. We may never make another trip again - they really messed up our trip. Racism is well and alive in this hotel - I would not recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2014
10  Thank venky_venkataraman
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within Marriott.
Jeremy Brown
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night to view the falls with family. 1 day at the falls in plenty IMHO. This property is typical Marriott. Adequate amenities and clean. Took too long for valet to retrieve car. Breakfast buffett somewhat below average. The hotel is right on the horseshoe falls and has great views. We watched the friday night fireworks from our room. A short walk to the incline and on to the Hornblower cruise. This is the place to stay if you want a room with a view. Spend the extra few bucks for a fallsview room if you can swing it. Why else are you here anyway?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank panster
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a great stay, beautiful room and beautiful view of Falls.
Yet, some concerns:
1. Parking was $30 a night.
2. The reservation I made stated we were going to get a $40 dinner voucher
-when checked in, I stated we planned to use it for breakfast, as we had a full day scheduled,
but was told "you voucher is only good for evening dinner" I asked if she could change it to a breakfast voucher, but aftercalling someone, she said she could not. So after a full day at the Falls, etc.,including dinner downtown we decided to use
dinner voucher for late evening desserts.
. When I went to pay, I was told the voucher was not good and
to look at the fine print which said for 'for 2 dinner entrees'.
In retrospect I should have examined the voucher more carefully,
but I also would have appreciated a better explanation of the voucher when we checked in.
I am a member of Marriott Rewards and will likely stay in Marriotts in the future
but the two items detracted from an otherwise outstanding stay.

Room Tip: ask for "Falls View" side, versus "River View"
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Laurelandbetsy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My sister and I stayed here on a short break after visiting New York. On booking I paid extra for a high level Fallsview Room and was not disappointed, worth every penny. The view of Horseshoe Falls was amazing, a large picture window with sofa and armchair to take in the view. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to a higher floor room but chose not to and took the chance that our room on the 7th floor would have the view we were promised and it did!! Large room, though room smelled very musty, good bathroom, no windows to open though opened vent underneath window, too cool for aircon. Good beds. No free wifi in lobby and dining room was probably a bit beyond our reach but the views were amazing at our included breakfast, good choice of food. Helpful tourist desk. This is an excellently located hotel and if the funincular railway (new but apparently has not actually worked for the last year), would give great access down to the Falls, otherwise a fairly long, downhill walk to actually get down to the edge of the Falls.

Room Tip: Upgrade to higher level Fallsview room, floor 7 and up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We haven't been staying at any of the Falls hotel since we stayed at Sheraton 25 years ago!! Sure, the scenery has changed.. There are many more hotels along the strip & closer to the Horseshoe Falls. Since I'm a Marriott platinum member, I decided to stay at one of the Marriott properties even it costed almost $400 for a Fallview (not even the high floor)!!! I had to say I was disappointed with the deco of the room... very dated... not even comparable to the FairField at the Buffalo Airport. Location was great, the view was fantastic, room was clear but not worth the money. They need to renovate this location to be compatible to the surrounding newer hotels. Furthermore, front desk was friend but no one mentioned the parking lot at the hotel location was full all the time & there was an overflow across the road at the back of the hotel. Breakfast was very good, view was excellent again.

Room Tip: The whirlpool room was the second last room at the end of the corridor. However the corner unit ext...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tourist_TO_Cdn
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This upscale hotel has truly the best view of the falls. It also has several restaurants and the casino within walking distance. Ask for 10th floor or up. Service was excellent. We had a mini suite which had 2 rooms. It was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple