“Great location, wonderful falls-view.”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were on the 17th floor and the view of the falls from our room really was breath-taking! Our room was very nice and we both agreed that the King-sized bed was the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept on. There is valet parking for an added $35.00 a day which we used. I'm sure we could have saved a few dollars using a parking garage nearby but I didn't want to walk the streets wheeling my luggage. The down side of the Marriott is that even though there is a wonderful view, the falls are not within easy walking distance. You either have to wait a long time for a bus, walk about 3/4 mile around the road to get to them or pay $5.00 per person for round trip on a small tram that will transport you up and down the hill to get to the falls. You are certainly better off getting daily passes for the tram. We normally do not spend this much for hotels but for this view at Niagara Falls, it was worth it!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King room on the 17th floor, I read reviews of people who stayed on the top floor who...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy R
Write a ReviewReviews (7,541)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in Niagara Falls. We had a junior suite falls view room. The "junior suite" is basically a regular room with a separate sitting area with a couch, table and chair. The hotel has a beautiful lobby when you enter. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby with tables and chairs next to large windows with gorgeous views of the falls. I believe based on the location that this hotel must have some of the best views of the falls. Their restaurant is great for their breakfast buffet - plenty to choose from and well displayed. We tried their restaurant for dinner and were not as impressed - the service was not good and the value for the price was also a disappointment. Although if you are dining for the views then this is a beautiful location while eating dinner at sunset. All in all, I would definitely stay here again, eat breakfast here but would dine at the Marriott down the street. The food at the other Marriott was MUCH better and the service for dinner at that Marriott was also superior. We did use the Concierge Lounge for breakfast one morning, very nice views, well stocked and the woman working in there was so pleasant and informative. I think she missed her calling as a travel guide. Will be back next time visiting this area.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a falls view room. You are there to see the falls, why not enjoy them from...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We booked the 2 bedroom, deluxe family, guest room because we were travelling with my two teenage step daughters. We felt it would have been too tight to have four of us in one room and since the hotel couldn't guarantee rooms next to each other, we thought this was perfect alternative. The front desk staff were great and accommodated an early check in for us since we arrived well before 3 pm. From the description of the room online, I thought the two rooms were connected, but I guess I misunderstood. They are two separate rooms, side by side, with an extra little hallway and a door that can be locked. It worked out fine, but I think calling it a "two bedroom, family room" is a bit deceiving. At least we knew the girls were right next door. If you're only going for a couple days, I think it's worth paying the extra money to get the room with the falls view, it really is stunning. They had fireworks on the Sunday night we were there and we could watch them from our room. We couldn't hear any noise from the other rooms, which was great. We were told upon check in that there was free wi-fi in the room. When we got the bill on the morning of checkout, we had been charged $9.95 for an internet connection. I went to the front desk and they promptly removed the charge. We didn't eat at the restaurant or use any other services at the hotel because we were only there for two days and were out and about most of the time. Overall, was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ilovetotravel365
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great wives to the Falls. Only thing I would add to make this hotel the best in the Niagara Falls area would be to add complementary breakfast. With kids it is very helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IQ_Ahmed
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The pictures online, showing the view of THE FALLS are REAL! I was concerned that we were going to be hoodwinked but all are concerns quickly went away as soon as we opened up the blinds. BEAUTIFUL - AMAZING - JAW DROPPING...Get the idea how wonderful the view is? That was room 810. But we had to be moved...unfortunately, a bird "bombed" the middle of the window - a direct shot to the most amazing view I have ever seen. I contacted the front desk and they had someone come up to see if it could be cleaned...it couldn't and we were quickly relocated to a similar room with a Jacuzzi bath, King Bed, and the upgrade for our troubles...a faux fireplace. The upgraded room is 1208. If there is a more perfect view...Wow, it would be hard to believe. There are deals out there, find them. If you go to Niagara Falls, I would recommend this place hands down. This is the southern most hotel near the Horseshoe Falls. You still have a view of the American Falls...there are hotels, that are between the American Falls and the Horseshoe falls, giving you a view of both. But I prefer to see and hear The Falls from outside my window. Stay here and request rooms similar to mine...you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request rooms similar to 810 and 1208
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NUFLORICAN
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The view from our room was awesome, however after reading all the reviews about getting offered free upgrades or upgrades for a fee I was disappointed that we were not offered one. Especially because we made it known that it was out 10 year anniversary. My husband had paid extra to surprise me with flowers, wine and strawberries in the room, however when we arrived to our room there was nothing there. He went down to check on it and shortly after the flowers were brought up. the strawberries and wine were brought up somewhere between 30 min to 2 hours after we checked in ( we had left and came back and they were there.) He was disappointed that he had to tell me about his surprise instead of me just seeing it when we checked in.
Unfortunately the walk to the falls was about 20 - 30 min due to the incline being repaired. The hotel is nice location for walking to the casino or food choices. We did not eat at the hotel at all due to the other reviews, however the chocolate covered strawberries were wonderful!
For the price you pay for the room and parking I would have expected a few more amenities, such as FREE wifi, so that was a bit disappointing as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 283Heather
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I apologize that we were unable to offer an upgrade, our upgraded rooms are quite popular and as a result some days we have limited availability for upgrades. I can certainly understand your husband’s disappointment that the items you requested were not in the room upon arrival. We value your feedback and will be sure to pass on your customer service concerns to our team to address these issues.

Complimentary Wi-Fi is available on the lobby level.

Thanks again and I hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust during your next visit to Niagara Falls.

Jeremy Brown
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Lovely hotel, very large room, free wifi. Great view of the falls from our room. Great at night when the falls light up. Floor to ceiling windows! We stayed 2 nights.

Pool was nice, staff really friendly and helpful! Breakfast was good, evening meal was good too - lovely waitress (Scottish lady - sorry can't remember her name)

No complaints - would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family