“Boy, what a view.”

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We booked a falls view room with a spa bath and the view was breathtaking. Large rooms, good rates, friendly staff, handy location and we were extremely happy with the whole experience. Wifi in the lobby so that served our purpose. Rates were good compared to NYC.

Room Tip: Get a falls view room on the higher floors, it'll blow your mind.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil C
Write a ReviewReviews (7,550)

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Can only say be prepared to gasp when you enter your room and open the curtains if you've never seen the Falls before! The Falls view is unbeatable and you can enjoy nightly fireworks display from the comfort of your room after dinner. We enjoyed the hotel restaurant both nights. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Couldn't be more convenient and, again, spectacular views from the restaurant. Same for the buffet breakfast - Very good food (great omelette bar) with friendly and very courteous serving staff. The room was spacious and comfortable. Starbucks in the lobby was a great plus. I'm always put off by pricey hotels that charge for in-room wi-fi, but they do have free wi-fi in the lobby.The area was a little more touristy than what we expected, but once we adjusted, it was great fun to be one of the tourists.

Room Tip: Try to get a Falls view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Our room was on the 15th floor and had a wonderful view of the falls. There was a distinctly musty smell to it, though, and the layout of the bathroom is odd. We did the breakfast buffet (it was included in our package) and it was very good. Overall, expensive, but our view made it worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GurgiToronto
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Ok, so my husband and I had business in Toronto and wanted to stay on Canadian side as we have only been on US side. I read my trusty trip advisor reviews and almost didn't book the marriott. I remember standing on the US side and thinking the marriott would have the best view. The bad reviews almost scared me away. I guess there are some people who are never happy. The view is ridiculous !! Oh my God, just spectacular!!! I opened the curtains and just gasped. One caveat. I would not be the cheapie here and not blow for the high up rooms. I was on the 21st floor. The room was clean and spacious. 2122 to be exact. Reception was very customer service oriented. Dinner was fabulous in the terrapin restaurant. I recommend the trout. I would also be aware of the taxes on your bill. Prepare because they are substantial. I am totally going back. Very conveniently located to other attractions

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Shelleyg77
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed here 8/18 and 8/19/14. We upgraded our room to the King Fallsview room with a $40 credit for dinner in the Terrapin Grill and 2 free breakfasts each morning. Glad we upgraded as we had an excellent room, room 1620 and it had a great view of The Horseshoe Falls and you could also see the American Falls/Bridal Veil Falls. The breakfast is a buffet breakfast with just about everything you can imagine--made-to-order omelets, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, Belgian waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruits and real whipped cream, yogurt, scones, crossiants, juice, coffee. If you had to pay for breakfast, breakfast for 2 was $48, but ours came with the upgraded room. Dinner at the Terrapin restaurant was good. The waitress made a mistake on my husband's order, but corrected it and comped us a wonderful dessert. I had the Seafood Linguine and it was excellent! Be sure to ask for a window where you can actually see the falls. There are very few tables where you have the view in the dining room that they show online. Our room had a jacuzzi tub, but because I'm not fond of getting into jacuzzi's where someone I don't know has been, we did not do that. It had a separate toilet and shower area and the sink was outside of that. Lots of room in the bathroom. The bedding was comfortable. There was an independent thermostat to control the room temp, but it didn't seem to cool very quickly. The room smelled a little bit, but after awhile we did not notice it. If you walk out of the door of the spa area, you can walk directly to a cog-train that you can pay $5 per ride eacg way for and it will take you down the hill to the falls. We took a guided bus tour that we booked at the concierge desk--$315 for 2 people, 11:00-5:15. Our guide was a grumpy guy (which I later pointed out to the desk). He did take us to the highlights of Niagara Falls which included entry into the Journey Behind the Falls, the Hornblower ride into the falls, the ride up the Skylon Tower, drive by the observation area for the Whirlpool and a drive to a souvenir shop and sandwich joint ($22 for lunch for 2 people). The bus was old and not very well air-conditioned. By taking the bus tour, we did get to "line jump" ahead of other people who were seeing the sights by themselves. We also got bus passes for the 2 days we were there for free. However, there is an Adventurer hop-on-hop-off bus pass available for (I think) $49 each and I'm not sure what that includes. There is a nice little very casual pizza/Italian restaurant behind the hotel, Zappi's (check out my review) with excellent pizza and good prices. We were only there for 2 nights, and wished we had stayed 3. Loved the view from our room and the breakfast and would stay there again. Valet parking is $35 a day and we used that. Taxes seemed to be high ($100) for the 2 nights. Our bill was $877 for 2 nights.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade your room for a falls view and the free breakfast--it's worth the money. Aft...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pamie54
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and organized the facilities were in good shape and maintained. The room was one of the cleanest id stayed in. My friend loved the view of the falls makes you not want to leave the room. Pay the extra and get a fallsview that's the whole reason your there isn't it?

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This was our First Anniversary so we wanted something special.
We were upgraded upon arrival. Whirlpool Tub for Two. Comfy Bed.
Two EZ Chairs overlooking the Falls.
Ordered Room Service for Breakfast which was a 10 Star Quality.
Dinner in the Restaurant was OK.

Room Tip: Anywhere up past the 10th floor is great. We had Room 1407 which was one of the best views availab...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple