“Amazing view”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Amazing view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel has outstanding views. Very much worth the price. The bathroom was large, the room was very comfortable. The food was ok but the restaurant did offer some very good views to the falls.

Only negative of this hotel is that their lounge cannot be really considered a lounge seeing that it involves 2 tables and 2 small fridges in the breakfast area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

The food was average and fairly pricey. However, the views from our 19th floor room made it all worth it and more. It was most like our one and only trip to the Falls and the room view completed our wonderful trip. We also had amazing views of the fireworks from the American Falls too.

Room Tip: If you are able to spend a bit more on a room, go for the Falls view rooms on floors 19 or above. I...
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shannon A
colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We went to this hotel on a "Travel zoo" deal. The "deal" was not quite as good as they boasted but the hotel was fantastic. We had a breath taking view from our room. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, the view in the pictures was a cut and paste and not what you can really see but was still pretty. Our server, Shauna, was professional, friendly and made our dinner experience memorable. The amenities were top of the line and the highlight of our vacation. If you want a very special trip this is it!

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coloradotraveler022
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Fallsview on my last trip to Niagara falls. The view -- as the name implies -- is fantastic, unparalleled really. I would definitely recommend pushing for a high-floor view of the falls, since this is THE selling feature of this hotel.

I'm a very loyal Marriott customer, and of all the Marriott's I've stayed in, the Fallsview probably had the worst customer service. The check-in lines are usually long, service is slow, etc. In my opinion, from a service perspective, this hotel is below what I have come to expect from Marriott properties.

Aside from the view, the location is pretty convenient. It's about a block away from the casino and there's a convenience store just down the street. If you're looking to explore downtown, or head down to the falls, you will need to drive/cab.

Overall, it's not a bad place to stay, especially if you're in it for the view.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MFVmanagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am sorry that we were unable to exceed your expectation. However, I am glad that you were able to find some positive experiences during your stay. I will share your comments with our team so we can make improvements. I hope you will give us the pleasure of being your host again.
Jeremy Brown
Assistant General Manager
Mansfield, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I felt that we got fooled into buying a room that wasn't right for our visit. I've waited 2 weeks since emailing a complaint to the hotel mgr, and no response. I traveled with my 2 boys for an end of summer trip to see the falls and fireworks. Upon arrival, we were offered an upgrade to a larger room ($30). I explained we were there to see the falls and the fireworks, so the view was important to us. We were assured our room had a 'spectacular' view (at a cost of nearly $450); we DID have a great view of the falls, but NO VIEW of the fireworks! It was completely obscured by an outcropping of the building. I'm quite sure the staff was aware of the limits of the view--they have a map of the property! I should add that the property was not full that night, so I am sure there were other room choices available.
Upon arrival at our room, housekeeping was still working. I did not get the feeling that she finished: there were pools of water on the desk and around the sink, hairs in the sink and on the floor, and she was taking towels off of the cart as we got there. I wasn't entirely sure she had even changed the sheets!
On our way out to see the falls, we asked about a place to get a quick snack, the man at the desk made a suggestion and the other gentleman working snickered. We did NOT visit the place suggested. Basically, I felt like they were laughing at us: got me to pay for a room without a view, suggested a bad place for a snack, and were completely nonplussed when I mentioned our disappointment. On checkout, the only response was, "I do apologize."
I don't suggest the hotel if you are traveling with children. There is not a breakfast offered with your stay and the dining options near the hotel are EXPENSIVE. We spent a lot of time and money just trying to keep them fed!
I DID write to the manager in response to his inquiry about our stay, and have not received a response. I asked for a refund of the upgraded room charge or an incentive to stay in another Marriott property. We aren't picky travelers. My only expectations are a safe, clean room and honest staff. At least we felt safe.
The beds were comfortable and the common areas were pleasant. There is a Starbucks in the lobby for adults, but not a great choice for feeding hungry kids. Walking distance to the incline that takes you to the visitor's center by the falls. Valet parking was $35.

Room Tip: If your view of the Horseshoe Falls is to your right, the fireworks are to the LEFT. Confirm that y...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mama b
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We spent four nights at the Marriott Niagara Fallsview and were very satisfied. The hotel has a huge marble lobby and ample knowledgeable and friendly staff to assist whether checking in or booking an excursion. The entire hotel was spotless, modern and nicely decorated. We would recommend getting a better room on an upper floor for the awesome view of the falls. It is worth the increased rate. Don't forget to check what nights feature a fireworks display over the falls. Lovely to watch from the floor to ceiling windows in the room.

Beware that dinner in the hotel restaurant, although good is quite expensive, even with the dining package. But the buffet breakfast is certainly worth the cost with many choices including an omelet station, fresh squeezed juices, heaps of all types of fresh fruits, etc.

We also enjoyed the wine tour which was very interesting and especially enjoyed tasting the different ice wines which are a Canadian specialty. Don't forget to visit Niagara on the Lake for it's many restaurant selections and beautiful floral displays.

Room Tip: upper floors will bring you the best view of the falls
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveler3835
Sandton, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

When's place claims to be the best, we usually take it with a pinch of salt. However, having spent a few days in Niagara looking at the three falls I can honestly say the room we had at the marriott had the best view of the falls in my opinion. The Sunday night fireworks display over the falls and the illumination were spectacular. Most nights we slept with the curtains open just to watch the falls and then the amazing sunrise over them in the morning. Our king size room had a hot tub that allowed a view of the falls so we were not missing a view for a minute. Downside I'm afraid comes in the form of guest exploitation on small things. Expensive in room wifi, over priced coffee in the lobby (double what we were paying in the US) and the valet fee of $35 per day was steep.

Room Tip: King size room on 9th floor has best view of the falls, plus. Hot tubs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple