Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Impeccable”
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We selected this hotel after a week of camping in Niagara Falls, a definite splurge! The staff was able to accomodate us quickly and gave us a beautiful fallsview room. The sights were more incredible than viewing the falls from the terrace!

A whirlpool tub was much appreciated after our long week. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever stayed in. Not too firm or soft. I believe I fell asleep when my head hit the pillow.

Pull-out bed in sofa was reasonable and useful for our children. Pay per view was very expensive, $12.00 a movie.

Clean, efficient, close to attractions, beautiful views.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank macnirish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,354)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My wife and I, along with our two young adult sons, decided to splurge and pay a visit to Niagra (from Cleveland, Oh). We booked a package that got us a room, breakfast vouchers and C$75 voucher to the hotel restaurant.

Check in manager was very accommodating and put us into a room with a sitting room at no extra charge. Room was a bit hot and stuffy, no matter what we did to the thermostat, but not unbearable.

One would think that C$75 would go pretty far in a Hotel Restaurant, but the bill came to nearly C$225 (for 4 people) with one bottle of their cheapest wine. Service was friendly and pleasant, but food was mediocre at best and per the above, very expensive.

Breakfast, not bad, but not great, although server was nice and friendly guy.

Exercise room was OK, but quite small for a hotel of this size and calibre.

Bottom line, great views of the Falls, and package prices are attractive, but be ready to get 'milked' for every possible extra.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank timfam48
Toronto
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Very nice hotel, but don't upgrade to the jacuzzi suite unless you enjoy bathing in the short, curly hairs of people you've never met.

To be fair, I am being compensated with 2,000 Marriott points. Which sounded impressive until I discovered that I'd need 30,000 points if I wanted to stay at this hotel again. Quick math tells me those points are about an $8-10 value. Almost enough to park my car for half the night.

1 Thank GDHS
Orlando Florida
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The hotel sits right in front of the falls and is as close as its going to get without falling in,,,staff exceptional, rooms are perfect and if you get a weekend deal the price is right, beware Niagara is a Tourist trap! Expensive food all over, just drives 4 miles out to the towns and you are back to reality price wise, but the Hotel doesn’t get any better! Parking is $20 only negitive I can find!

1 Thank rduenas
Hamilton
Reviewed 23 December 2009

We went to the Marriott Fallsview for my wife's birthday along with another couple. While we expect to be overcharged in Niagara Falls, this hotel didn't even pretend to give us value for our stay. We went for 1 night on the casino package that included a $75 voucher for the restaurant at dinner, $20 in casino token + a breakfast voucher. We had a jacuzzi room fallsview and our friends had a normal room. Seemed like a good deal.

It began with our friends getting to the room which was hotter than hell. They turned off the thermostat but it did nothing to stop the blasting heat. They were upgraded to a jacuzzi room for no charge which was a $50 savings. We took their cue and turned off our thermostat before leaving for dinner just in case.

Since it was my wife's birthday we decided to splurge a little at dinner. I ordered the 4 course $100 meal featuring the filet mignon. My wife ordered the lobster + calamari and our friends ordered lobster + the surf and turf. The 4 course dinner started with escargot, then salad, then a small bowl of gelatto and then the steak. It was to be capped off with either a choice of dessert or ice wine. We waited for close to 45 minutes for the appetizers to arrive. The restaurant was busy but no where close to capacity.

We then waited another 20 minutes at which point I was served the gelatto. I mentioned I had no received my salad and the waitress went to get it. The lettuce was wilted and the vegetables were not fresh. The lobsters arrived and this was the best part (and the only thing worth ordering). They came with 2 tails and were cooked nicely. The filet mignon was small and dry although I had ordered it medium rare. We then waited another 20-30 minutes for dessert. The waitress brought me chocolate cake without offering any other choice. If this meal had been half the price there would be no complaints but after close to a $400, we expected more.

We went back to the room before heading out to the casino and noticed some hairs in the jacuzzi tub along with some leftover grime. I guess we weren't going to be using the tub. We headed out on the town.

When we got back we went to bed and the room seemed to be a tad warm so we left the window open which was in an adjoining room. There were 2 french doors separating the rooms so we had to keep the blackout curtains closed because the doors were glass. At about 4 am my wife woke up with a severe nosebleed from how hot + dry the room was. I was severely dehydrated so we moved to the pull out couch in the adjoining room. We also had to open the blackout curtains to try and get some air. We weren't in a position to ask to change rooms at 4 am. Both sets of couples were n the 6th floor.

At about 8 am we asked to have someone sent up to check the heat and when the person arrived we were told there was nothing he could do. We then went to the front desk and they gave us our valet parking for free ($20) but that was as far as they were willing to go.

We then went to breakfast which was a buffet. There is no ketchup on the table (personal pet peeve) and we waited a good 10 minutes for the server to get some. The food was atrocious. The bacon was undercooked, the fresh fruit was obviously from a can + there was a very limited choice of food.

The total bill for 2 couples was close to $1200 for 1 night after it was all said + done. The packages were $150 + $180 originally.

We just didn't feel like we received any value for the price we paid. The location in incredible.

2 Thank Parkside23
Ohio
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We stayed Dec 18-for a weekend away. This hotel is in a great location with fantastic views from most areas. We had a room with a jacuzzi/fireplace. I would definitely recommend the jacuzzi, but would advise skipping the fireplace. It was electric and offered no heat. The staff at the hotel were exteremly helpful and friendly. The lobby concierge, Anthony, gave us great advice on wineries and restaurants. The room/hotel was very clean and well kept. I would ecommend this hotel without a doubt. Also, Niagara on the Lake is only about 25 min away. It's a beautiful drive and probably the highlight of our trip. Jackson-Triggs is a winery not to be missed. If at all possible, eat at the Prince of Wales.

1 Thank CamiOhio
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2009

very nice views from the hotel- the bed is VERY comfy!! excellent location! good stay!

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends