“Clean but old”

Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #62 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked this hotel expecting it to be in better condition than it was. The lobby staff were not too friendly. They looked bored and kind of "ho hum, here's another one". I booked a 2 double bed room but they gave me a 1 bed king room instead which was fine but the room looked incredibly old and dated. The bathroom was so old. The ceiling looked like it was a drop ceiling and some of the tiles had gaps in them.I have a centipede phobia and of course what do I find while using the bathroom? a centipede running between my feet!. The bed was clean and comfortable with quality bedding, the TV worked also. The coffee maker had some okay coffee to go with it. It's a clean hotel but in desperate need of a reno. I can't complain too much since I only paid $125.00.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor. I can't imagine that there could be Fallsview rooms as advertised...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. One lady is 83, a smoker & has a bad hip, so the balcony worked out great for her. The river view room was of the American Falls & the location are the only reasons you would stay here. The staff were nice & courteous. The room was dated & dirty. Their website shows an updated room & very clean, opposite to what you really get. Each room should come with a complimentary toilet brush, comet, Windex, paper towels & rubber gloves. We would have switched hotels if our stay was longer then 2 nights.

Room Tip: Always choose a river view or you are looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marlene B
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I participated in the GranFondo this weekend and based on reviews on Trip Advisor, booked in for two nights in their Scarlet O'Hara room. Advertised as a honeymoon suite, it features a large Jacuzzi in the bedroom. Room 301 was a corner room which I was not expecting and was huge! The tub was larger than the king sized bed, twin pedestal sinks in the main suite, separate room for toilet and stand up shower, two separate balconies facing New York and the Falls, large TV and nice bedding, complete with duvet. Could it use some contemporary updates - sure, but it was very clean, well stocked and for $119 for the first night and $149 for Saturday night, I was not complaining. Yes, there is a $10 fee per night for parking and it would have been nice for the lobby bar to be open but it does not cater to a partying crowd. Based on the traffic that I saw over the course of the two days, it seems to cater to tour buses. The only downside that stopped me from giving this 5 stars is the unreliability of the WiFi access. It was really intermittent and would not stay signed in so as I approached the stateside balcony, my network would switch from Canadian Bell to an American network, causing me to roam.

Front desk staff was helpful in allowing me to store my bike in the furnace room and then again pulling it out at 5:30 am on Saturday morning.

The exterior is misleading because it could use a paint job but the inside is clean and I would gladly stay there again

Room Tip: the corner rooms all seem to have two balconies
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a pre- paid deal. Be warned, on check out they gave us a zero receipt and than charged $120 to our credit card for no reason. Were very quick to refund once I reported to my card company as fraud but wonder how many times they get away with this?
Overall hotel is in good location - clean but shabby. If you want luxury this is not the hotel for you and breakfast is very poor $4.50 extra for a tea/coffee and no refill!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I needed a small getaway before starting school so I found this great deal on Groupon ($10 night parking rate is applied at check-out). When I first laid eyes on this place from the parking lot, I wasn't too impressed but when entering the hallway and lobby area, it was nice. After driving 7hrs, it was a relief that the hotel is stationed right after crossing the Rainbow Bridge. Overall, the attendant was very nice and friendly. The hotel is conveniently located walking distance from Niagara Falls. It has a nice size pool, sauna, small gym & a Jacuzzi (Which I practically had all to myself). The Hotel has a buffet that you pay $8.99 for adults & $6.99 for kids (food selection wasn't too ample). My breakfast bill for 2 adults came out to $26 bucks with coffee- I was better off walking to Starbucks or driving to McDonald's. If you're driving, a low cost lunch option would be to head to Niagara Town Lake & buy $ 3.00 dollar
sandwiches.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rubia1974
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We booked a few rooms at Michaels Inn for a family trip to see Niagara Falls. This hotel needs alot of exterior work to bring it up to a better rating. The interesting thing is that the inside of the hotel, the elevators, halls, common areas and rooms are very nice considering the outside is in such need of repair and updating. It was clean, which is most important to me, and the maids were constantly buzzing around cleaning, changing linens and keeping the place from looking too run down. The breakfast buffet was so-so. Bacon was burned on the edges, sausages were strange and tasted like hot dogs with crispy skin. There was no beverage station for juices or water and coffee/tea was provided by the wait staff. The pancakes and french toast were pretty good. The pool area was very nice and well maintained. The sauna worked well, but needed a bit of cleaning as there were empty soda bottles and someone left a plastic straw to melt on the rocks. The towels in the room could be bigger and better, they were glorified hand towels. Parking will run $10 per night, so be prepared to pay for that. One tip, if you're going out to dinner, avoid the main drag on Clifton Hill. The restaurant we went to the first night charged a "tourist fee" of 3% on top of the standard 13% tax on everything there.
We did enjoy our stay at Michael's. the exercise room was hotter than a sauna and the elliptical machine made a huge banging noise, so I couldn't use it.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend booking a falls-view room because the city-view is a view of the parking lo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed there over the labor day weekend. While the hotel is in a good location, my mothers room had a constant problem with the A/C leaking so badly there was plaster from the ceiling all over the floor. The maintenance people were in the room constantly trying to fix it. They serve breakfast only and both mornings we tried to get breakfast, we were turned away as there were tourist groups of 120 plus who had priority. Wallpaper and upholstery in room very dated. Carpet had stains. This place could be a goldmine if someone put a little money into it.

Room Tip: If you are paying for the river view, get on second or third floor. We payed extra and could not see...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family