Travelodge Hotel Niagara Falls Fallsview
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Skyline Hotel & Waterpark(Niagara Falls)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton on the Falls(Niagara Falls)
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
1,121 results
All reviewsclifton hillrainbow bridgebird kingdompool and hot tubwalking distancean older hotelriver roadamerican fallsbit datedbreakfast buffetbeds were comfortableshort walk to the fallsniagaraattractionscasinofireworks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Usually this Motel would not be my first choice of place to stay in, however due to travelling around Canada the price was a factor (although we did stay in nicer hotels for the same money). The staff are average they do their job and that is it, don't expect them to deal with any issues. The motel is old fashioned stuck in the 70's, nothing a lick of paint wouldn't sort. The key issue for me was the ants, our room was on the third floor, we had ants on the floor, in the bathroom, and in our bed!!! also when we arrived their was chewing gum stuck on our headboard, which seemed to be there for a long time. Need to say the envelope the cleaner left for her tip was not used. Reception staff did not looked surprised when we mentioned we where sharing with ants, needless to say nothing was done. Breakfast is very poor and any drinks you order are extra, orange juice is expensive. We only stayed for two nights, which is enough time in Niagara, and too long in Michael's Inn the chewing gum was still on the headboard when we checked out.
Niagara Falls are beautiful and the boat trip out is excellent, however I recommend you book the jet boat experience it is excellent!!! also the casino is good to visit. Also if you have time visit Niagara on the Lake beautiful place only need a day there.

Room Tip: book another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank phil6842
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I took my aunt (who had always wanted to go to Niagara Falls) - my mom, and my 3 kids up to Canada for a classic Niagara Falls experience. Probably not my first choice of places, but it was one of the busiest weekends of the summer - so I had to book two rooms, quickly. It was the best available deal and I took it. Like any aging tourist hotel, it is under constant repair, however the staff was excellent and the rooms were nice - clearly they were renovated somewhat recently. Also - if you get a WEGO pass, the stop is right next to the hotel. That really made getting around easy.
What made the difference was the staff - they were super helpful and professional. I especially want to point out Scott - on the management staff - who went out of his way to help me out.
Even the best hotel can generate a bad experience, so as you read these reviews, I guess that could be the case, but not for us.
The "Fallview" rooms do allow a long, sideways view. City-view, forget about the view.
Remember - Niagara Falls is a bigtime tourist spot, so there will be loud guests, late-night partying etc. Get mentally prepared for that and have a good time.

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms have a nice little balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mooshhhh
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Check-in staff rude and unpolite with an attitude
Elevator hall, floaded and smelling
Bedroon old, AC working with musty and dirty smell and window and carpet completely dust
Washroom old and towels like a paper towel

Room Tip: they over charge you if you have 2 kids and for parking!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have very mixed reviews on this one. We booked through a Groupon and did receive the extra coupons etc that we were promised.
Staff was friendly and helpful. We checked in late and they offered to order food in for us, gave us easy walking directions to Cliffton Hill (which is a tacky street but was open late at night).
The hotel lobby was recently renovated and looked great, but the rooms need a facelift.
Our room was clean but outdated. I have heard some of the rooms are not as nice as the one we had, so perhaps its a little bit luck of the draw.
There was an unexpected fee for parking of $10.00/day. Initially we thought that was outrageous.... BUT it seems to be the same (or even higher fees) all around Niagara Falls.
We splurged one night and booked into a fallsview hotel with a jetted tub king suite, and were shocked and disappointed to find out they charge $20/day for parking!! We were hotel patrons for crying out loud!
Again, it seems this just is the way it is, but these hotels could build the cost into the room and avoid upset customers.

To sum up, Michael's Inn sufficed. It was nothing fancy, but it was fortunes cheaper than many surrounding hotels. I am glad we stayed there and probably would again. If you want the right price but don't want to be in a total dive, this place is a good option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is my second time of staying in this hotel. The major and only reason was just because of the prices were relatively lower than most of the hotels in walking distance to the falls and comfortable to stay.

Hotel location: not too too great. Even though it is in walking distance to the major attractions near the falls, ppl have to walk through a pretty quiet tunnel or over the bridge where people were driving to and from the border from the states and no proper traffic lights for pedestrians to pass across the road - dangerous!!!!

Transit accessible: okay convenient! WEGO is the only and most convenient public transit visitors used in the falls areas other than taxi or rental cars. WEGO passes cost $7 per day or $14 per two days - very affordable ; and they have divided all the routes into different colour lines. Green line has a stop very close to this hotel but only when the bus is going southbound. Because of that, we almost missed the bus taking us back to the train station when we return just because buses don't stop on all the stop seven they were going on the same roads. And the route map they provided was pretty colourful but did not well indicate all the stops they should show on the map....

Room facilities: reasonable sizes with two queen size beds. Bedding was clean; pillows were firm and comfortable. Traveling to the falls in July, we have never feel that the room was hot and stuffy - pretty good A/C. System ( just a bit noisy at night that u may not even realized it in the middle of the night when you were sleeping especially after you had a long day out).

Bathroom: reasonable size with sufficient supplies of towels and stuffs. My friend however had a very bad experience with the frustrating water temperature control in the morning time - which could be most of the busiest showering time of the day. The water temperature could dramatically be changed from icy cold to boiling hot to a point where my friend has to keep running back and forth inside the tub and took 45 minutes to finish a 5 minute shower in those mornings.

general: this is a okay hotel where you would have a good sleep if you don't mind the aged layout of the place. I don't know if I will return. I may if I could not find any other places better quality in the same price ranges.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends