“Great Stay”

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Dianna C

Reviewed 4 March 2014

After checking out of a DUMP on Lundy's Lane, we checked into this Travelodge. What a pleasant surprise!! Sheets were clean, the room was spotless, the washroom was spic'n span and there was heat. Pleasant staff and clean hotel, what more can it say. Well worth the $120.00/night. Lots of great things about this hotel!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThomasPaulene
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We got this place for $77 including parking (extra $9 which I could not find on the website--found out by calling them). It was definitely the best deal for a Saturday night. We got a courtesy call right after we got into the room which was very neat. We booked a Queen room but only got a Double bed so that was a disappointment. That all being said, it was in such a great location that at this price, we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The lobby area and elevator had a strong, odd gassy odour. The only two settings on the in room HVAC unit were "sauna" and "refrigerator", the room was tiny, the bed may have been made out of plywood. I wouldn't even dare to eat in the in hotel restaurant, even for the $5 deal they offered. Spend a little extra and stay somewhere decent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Kieranfromwhitby
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The room was very clean and fresh. The emloyees were very kind and overall we really enjoyed our weekend there. The only thing is that the mattress was a bit used but besides everything was great. The pool and the hot tub was very nice too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge quite by chance - after a HORRIBLE experience at another hotel in Niagara Falls, NY., my friends and I hightailed it back to Canada and this was one of the few hotels that 1) had a vacancy and 2) was reasonably priced. We called before leaving NY and asked if there was a surcharge for having an additional person in the room (3 adults), we were told no, there was no additional charge - good right? WRONG!
We checked-in and when asked how many adults, I told her 3. The woman who checked us in informed me there is a $30 surcharge for an additional adult. I told her just twenty minutes before we were told that was not the case. She got VERY snippy to the point of rude and accused me of lying (seriously!). I pulled out the print out of my reservation that had the name of the agent I spoke to and even called back to ask to speak to that person (who was on break, of course).
She refused to budge and at this point we just wanted a room because our previous night had been so awful.
I asked for 3 room keys since there were 3 adults and I was informed they were not permitted to give additional room keys - only two. Oh the irony! I pointed out that I was now paying an additional $30 so would that not cover the cost of an extra room card. I was told, very firmly, no.

The room was basic - but very clean. The joke in our group was we were on the set of an eighties movie because of the pastel colours and paintings. But in the end it was comfortable, clean and a safe place to spend the night.

When I went to check-out the next day I was very surprised to be informed that they had knocked back the additional third person surcharge to $10 instead of the $30. I thanked the front desk lady and happily checked out.

It's a basic hotel but close to everything and in the end,it saved the day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, wasn't sure what to expect upon arrival to find a very clean, quiet, friendly staff, central location. Only things that would have been better, would have been a
view of the tourist area and not the city.

P.S. Best hotel shower I've ever experience, excellent water pressure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple