“Horrible customer service!”

Ramada Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Horrible customer service!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Absolutely horrible customer service! Will never ever stay here! I purchased a dealfind for this hotel and before I purchased it I called the hotel to make sure that I could use it for the dates I wanted. I was explicitly told that I could, however after purchasing when I called the hotel to book I was told that I couldn't book for the dates I wanted. The rate they were charging was almost double the price. When I asked to speak to the manager, Jaclyn, she told me that there was nothing she could do and that it was a long weekend and they would sell out anyway - essentially saying that they would get their money either way so they didn't really care about accommodating me. She admitted it was a mistake but told me that they were not willing to do anything to make amends for their mistake or the hassle I had to go through. She was very rude about it. The exact opposite of customer service!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Sonia G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff was nice. The room itself seems a bit dated, like it hasn't been redesigned since the early 90s. I sort of expected better for the price paid. We got the romance package that came with a cheap bottle of wine, two plastic glasses, 10 dollars off of the IHOP downstairs (which is a bit gross and overpriced as hell) and 20 dollars off The Keg.

You can totally walk to the falls and the casino and stuff, I'd say the location is pretty good.

1 Thank Mitchell T
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here for a night but were a bit disappointed that things are a bit on the stale side. The staff are very pleasant & helpful, bringing extra linen promptly when requested & extra kudos to the maid that ran out after us in the parking lot after discovering garments that we'd left in the closet!
The (overpriced) IHOP is on the premises but don't count on it for dinner as they close at 3:00 pm....what the ***? Walking distance to the falls but fairly long & uphill for a good deal on the way back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank philindy
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Saturday August 16, 2014, having reserved the room through the CAA. Our room (#118) belongs in a not-so-nice motel. The sheets were grey and very crumpled to the point where I thought the bed might not have been changed. We checked in late and crawled in but happily the next morning I looked at the sheets on the cleaning lady's cart and found that they all had the same tired, wrinkled appearance - so had presumably been laundered. The shower stall, especially the floor with its dirty, black grout between tiles, was disgusting. The floor of our minuscule bathroom was also very old and the tiles actually moved up and down as you stepped on them...must be some kind of floating floor over the plumbing of this ground floor room. We paid about $175 with the CAA deal and I would have expected better.

Room Tip: Perhaps a higher floor would be better....
Uxbridge
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the Casino, great dining facilities and the falls. Although the rooms are little dated, they are clean and the bed is great, the hotel was quiet.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Had a good stay at the Ramada, clean room with plenty of space, lovely bathroom with a very hot shower (always a plus), friendly and helpful staff and super close walk to the Niagara Falls (10 minutes tops).

My only complaint and it's a very small one, is that the air conditioning can be quite loud if you have it on the higher setting but with the beauty of Niagara Falls just around the corner you'll be out and about most of the time!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends