“Recommended”
Review of Surfside Inn

Surfside Inn
Ranked #93 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I had stayed this motel last week and the location is excellent and imaculate and rates were amazing ,surrondings were natural and beautiful .This motel is walk away distance from Marineland and 5 minutes drive from main falls....and also shuttle services are avialble to visit falls.............
Room service and staff were execllent.
I highly recommend to everyone and will definately go again.

Cherrrssssssssssssss
Raj
Rajesh915wad@yahoo.com

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank raj w
There are newer reviews for Surfside Inn

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the " Surfside INN" on July 16, 2011 and we really had a great
time. It is on walking distance from Marine-land and close to all other
attractions and moreover very peaceful environment. Rooms are very clean,
comfortable, free continental breakfast, Very affordable rates I will recommend
this to my other friends.

Vinay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vpathakg
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Surfside Inn is at a really nice location. The bus to downtown if Niagara which is not far away stops right outside the hotel. The rooms were failry nice and so were the amenities within it. The owners were really hospitable and that made it a really nice experience to stay there. Would definetely recommend it to my friends who are looking to have a nice weekend trip to the Niagara falls!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2010

the room was dirty and smelled funky,then the drunks etc. by your door arguing all night until 3 cruisers show up. I would never stay there again , I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank hillbilly457
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I have actually stayed here several Times in the Past 3 Years , as we love to Bike & the Niagara recreation Trail is just across the Road from the Inn, the Location is really Great ,you have a Good selection of restaurants in the Neighbourhood,a grocery & Liquor store nearby, and If you want a little more action the casino & Nightlife is a mere 10 Mins. away.The owners are real friendly ( Sunny & Anita ) and will go out of their way to accomodate You & they are always looking for ways to Improve the Place..I will definitely be back

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian1178
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I booked through Priceline. First they tried to over charge me when I got there. The room smelled old and musty. The're add claims the rooms are clean and have a fridge TV, microwave, & free Wi-fi. In reality, no micro, the fridge was so old that the freezer section needed the frost chipped away. It was so loaded with frost nothing would fit in it, and there was and old pizza in it. There was no WiFi anywhere. no phone book, no information of any sort. The room was nasty. The bathroom shelves were falling apart. No one is ever in the main office. They kept a note on the door that said to go to room 30 for anything, well no one answered the door the light and Tv were on, so I called the main # from my cell, no one answered, so I went back to my room fiddled with the phone till I figured out how to call room to room ( no instructions) got him on the phone, asked for a cot. What I got was the nastiest, filthy, ripped, stained stinkiest cot ever! I ended up pushing it right back out the door.

In the morning I noticed that my room phone no longer worked, ( I think he shut it off) I only had 2 small towels. So I set out to find someone for towels. I found the stroage room that was also the laundry room and storage for junk and greesy tools and wet dirty black towels on the floor I don't know how anyone gets clean laundry out of there.

This hotel is disqusting a waste of my 75$ I would dispute the charge if I had used my credit card. Spend the few extra bucks. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank mamabecky
Reviewed 4 August 2010

First, I'd like to point out that the staff was friendly and willing to help but it didn't exactly compensate for the false advertising or rough state of the room. We searched on their website because it was affordable and seemed delightfully tacky and I'm sure it would have been 20 years ago.
This was our experience.
When you arrive at the front desk the room reeks of bleach. It's comforting but not all together welcoming. When we got to our room (the king size sweet with jacuzzi) my boyfriend almost had an anxiety attack because the overall feeling of the room was that of a cheap slasher film where the couple with the heart shaped jacuzzi surrounded by paneled mirrors gets murdered and stuffed under the bed.
The bathroom was small and poorly lit without a door so whoever you're staying with can hear everything, the shower is a stand up with a yellow plastic door facing the bed. The bedside table lamps didn't work, and the jacuzzi didn't hold water when we tried it. The jacuzzi also has duct tape at the top front end. So the facilities were poor and almost useless. Good thing the toilet and sink worked or we'd be screwed.
The t.v did not have sattelite as advertised and was situated on top of the mini fridge.
I could see that the room had been vaccumed and wiped down but not thoroughly cleaned by any means. I bought some bleach to wipe down the jacuzzi only to discover that the jacuzzi didn't work properly as previously mentioned. My last and only comforting thought was that I detected the faint smell of bleach on our sheets before I drifted off to sleep. I wish I could say the comforter on top smelled freshly cleaned but it didn't.
We checked out at 11 am the next morning and had to fight to get our money back for the second night we'd payed for before we left to check into another hotel. The continental breakfast is a dozen muffins, orange juice and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank getwhatyoupay4
royalniagarafalls, Owner at Surfside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Sir/Madam,
This is to inform that this customer was booked for two nights for busy weekend and wanted to cancel his stay for one night and when he was apprised that as per the motel policy there is no refund after check-in and was offered any other room in case if they have any problem. They simply said his girl friend not liking to stay here as it is away from horseshoe fall and Clifton hill. They did not mention any thing about the room otherwise as per the policy we could have offered them other jaccuzi room. We have 32 rooms and our all rooms were book on this particular day and there has been no complaint whatsoever from any other guest. This is they just want to have the money and look for more cheaper place to stay.
Therefore, I request you to remove this review and save our business image falsly being targeted by such customers.