“Affordable and fills basic stay needs”
Review of CJS Inn

CJS Inn
Ranked #70 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brampton, Canada
“Affordable and fills basic stay needs”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The room was great for the night. Very clean room. Beds were comfy enough. Room had a phone, television, mini fridge and free WiFi. Iron and ironing board as well as a hair dryer. Not far from the hustle and bustle but far enough to be quiet at night. Very accomodating and wonderful staff, that were available for anything you needed.

Room Tip: Stairs to reach 2nd level, should request main floor if mobility is an issue.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kingswood
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Rooms are very basic, Bedroom with no tea or coffee facility and no fridge as it said when booked, TV worked OK. The shower worked well, There was an hair dryer plus iron and irining board, The room did have AC but was not used so dont know if it worked.

We stayed 15th to 20th Sept 2012, I went to reception at 1.15pm and was told check in was 3pm as room was being cleaned ? Rooms were never cleaned while I was there and never saw a cleaner. I never saw more than 10 rooms being used, Maybe they use the same room over and over.

No maid service, Beds and towels were not changed, The day before we left I called into the office and was told thet guests said they did not want to be disturbed so they did not clean unless they were asked. I was given clean towels over the counter.

The decor in the room had been repainted at somepoint but had not been done well.

It was a cheap Motel style inn and if you expect a 5 star job stay away. We only slept in it as we were out from morning to bedtime so was ok. If you stay or pop back throughout the day this Inn might not be for you.

Room Tip: I dont think there was any rooms that had anything to single them out.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jackie d
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We arrived without a reservation and the hotel was one of the few economic alternatives that were in the area. We stayed two night to visit Niagara Falls Canada side. The hotel and its furnishings are old. Not clean and they smell of cigarettes in their rooms. One of the advantages is that it is a short distance from the falls. Overall a resolve but do not recommend it. I understand that for the same price you can get better at another location in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cabret

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2012

great location 5 minutes walk to clifton hill very clean a kitchen in the lobby so you can use the micro and kettle and lots of table and chairs for people to use and also a very nice pool and the owners and staff were very friendly and very helpful also reasonable rates will be going again with our grandchildren!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jon T
Everett, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My bf and I stayed here from July 26-july 28 and we were pleased with our stay. The horrible reviews are not warranted. This hotel is better than most of the NYC hotels/motels I have stayed in For $40/night it was the best value and in a great location. It had free wifi, tv, ac and plenty of free parking. No microwave or coffee pots but we weren't planning on staying in the hotel all day. Some people complained about noise but it was perfectly quiet when we got there, although it became busier during the weekend. The service was superb. The people who run the place are very welcoming and eager to please. The only complaints I really have concern the weird shower water (can get really hot suddenly) and the scratchy sheets (we brought our own sheets to cover the bed). If you want to save money, this place is a good option if you're just trying to travel for cheap. Everything around Niagara Falls was so expensive. We were glad to save money to spend it on the tourist attractions. Don't forget to check out the lobby for coupon books and maps!

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Lieu T
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I found this hotel to be perfect for my needs. When we arrived, the owner Asrar was very accommodating and made sure that we had everything we needed. This hotel is centrally located and only a short walk to all attractions worth going to.(About 2km to Fallsview-west or bottom of Clifton Hill-south). This was a very affordable hotel ,but the service, friendliness, and cleanliness match the best hotels in the world. I will stay at this hotel again and Thank You again for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank David T
Oakville,Ontario
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here with my dad and my girlfriend on July 11th. I have to admit, at first it seemed a bit sketchy but once we got talking to the owner, my first impression was quickly laid to rest as he was extremely friendly and accommodating. My girlfriend and I are both disabled, and it was very easy for us to get in to the room with our wheelchairs. The room was very clean, it had air conditioning, and the beds were very comfortable. The motel is a short distance from Clifton Hill and the falls. All we really needed this hotel for was a place to sleep. This place met our needs perfectly and I will definitely be staying here again.

P.S. I agree with Dan P's review , give these guys a chance.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple