“One of the best and we stay at Niagara Falls often!”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of the best and we stay at Niagara Falls often!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We live in Pittsburgh and are lucky to be 4 hours driving time to Niagara Falls. We love going there and have been there too many times to count over the years. We have stayed in many places, but we are Marriott members so our usual constant favorite place is the Courtyard Marriott. We stayed once at the Fallsview Marriott and enjoyed it too. This was our first time at the Marriott Gateway. It was a wonderful stay. Check in was a breeze! No wait at all, we had a package deal but also asked for our platinum breakfast vouchers since the concierge lounge was closed. The room was great- best fallsview room we've ever had - room 2715! Clean and comfortable! Had a swan shaped towel and truffles on the bed for us when we came in. We couldn't take our eyes off of the falls! The lobby is beautiful, nice lobby bar, Starbucks too. Milestones is inside, the delicious breakfast buffet cannot be beat- I don't know what anyone could complain about there?? Beautiful fallsview! We had a dinner coupon for Milestones, too. It was good and offered a great kids menu. Very upscale family friendly. The pool is great, ample parking. The WeGo bus pass also came with the package and is really convenient and easy to use. This place is really fantastic. We never had an issue with the elevators, even when they were busy and packed, they still came in a timely manner. Unfortunately there were more hockey kids and parents there. Luckily they weren't on our floor (be sure to ask). The hotel can't be responsible for some (not all) of these rude and inconsiderate parents who take over the lobby with their coolers full of beer and big mouths and let their kids run everywhere unsupervised. We have an 8 year old son and we are scout leaders and take many boys on public outings all the time and YES you can have some order and control if you try. Besides that, everything was perfect and we will definitely will come back again soon! Next time we hope to be upgraded to a bi-level suite....... ;)

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank loribob67
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Loribob67,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip and for your continued Marriott loyalty. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and will be back.

Gord Chow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Our experience with Mariott Gateway was absolutely wonderful !
When we travel, we usually book two or more different places in the opposite sides of city/town/island in order to explore better. This time we also booked through Groupon deals one night in Marriott and two nights in Sheraton. And our experience in Marriott was much better than in Sheraton. 4 stars is probably more correct rating ,but compared with Sheraton(read my review for it) Marriott deserves 5.Check-in/check out is a breeze.Staff is very helpful. Elevators are very fast and the most modern I ever saw in the hotels. Room was clean,bed was comfortable. View is fantastic(see pictures).We prefer the location of Mariott to Sheraton,it was more quiet and beautiful side of town. parking was easy ,but expensive as everywhere in the area. it was too much (cheap)attractions near Sheraton,too big crowds and parking was problematic near Sheraton. My advise to you: explore more on foot . If you have a car ,go to Ontario-on-the Lake,beautifull small town worth of seeing and visit wineries on your way.We spent the whole day doing so and do not regret.I didn't know there are so many of them in this region of Canada. Tours are interesting .

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dreyk
Dear Dreyk,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you will join us again soon.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott for 4 nights April 17-20th. Overall, we had a wonderful stay. We stayed in a bi-level suite on the 22nd floor.

Positives:
The room was spacious and beautiful with an amazing view of the falls. We had 2 bathrooms- one full bath downstairs and an upstairs bath with a jacuzzi tub. (Tip: you cannot see the view from the jacuzzi tub. It is in the back of the room and contained in the bathroom.) The bed was extremely comfortable. . . mattress, linens, and pillows were terrific. The shower had great pressure.

We ate lunch at the restaurant on the mezzanine level. (Milestones) The food tasted very good and we felt the price was reasonable. Keep in mind that all restaurants are pricey in this area. . . we felt our 28 dollar tasty steak/lamb dishes were a better value than the 18 pancake breakfast we had at IHOP. The restaurant also has an amazing view of the falls.

The location is great. This is not walking distance from the clifton hill area but you can walk to many restaurants and the Fallsview Casino. The falls are walking distance as well.

The lobby is beautiful and spacious. The staff at the lobby bar are helpful and pleasant.

Negatives:

The bathroom showers could use a little update.

Our biggest complaint was the lack of control of the other guests in the hotel. Over the weekend many guests were staying in the hotel with children due to some sort of tournament. The elevators took a minimum of 15 minutes because older children/teens were pressing all the buttons at the call station. We complained to the front desk but our complaint was brushed aside. Groups of children were running around the hallways with no adult supervision. They were loud and disturbing. In the lobby area, groups of adults were sitting around tables next to the bar area. They had coolers filled with their own beer and multiple bottles of wine. They were loud and disturbing. We were baffled why the hotel would tolerate this behavior in public areas. As a paying guest at the hotel's bar, I felt this had a very negative impact on our experience.

Our only other negative was our access to the concierge level lounge. Although it said it was included when we booked our room, we were not initially granted access. When we questioned reception about this, they said that yes it was included but they only place access on the keys when guests ask for it! We had to return to the lobby to have our keycards reprogrammed. I feel that guest should not have to ask for something that is supposed to be included in the cost of their room.

Overall, we did have a lovely time. The hotel and room are very nice with a great view. The location is good and the service was very good overall.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear hefjosta,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I do apologize for the waits incurred with our elevator system. We are working on ways for this to be rectified for our guests.
Our Concierge Lounge is for Marriott Gold and Platinum level reward members only. This is not something that is handed out to guests that are staying on this floor. I apologize that you were not given access when you checked in.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We recently stayed at the Marriott Gateway. We experienced probably the fastest check-in I have ever experienced. Staff were informative and polite and expedited things very quickly. rooms were nicely appointed. The view of the Falls is breathtaking. Milestones went out of their way to accommodate our group of 10 for dinner. Excellent salad and entree. Pool and hot tub were just the right temp. Elevators were a bit of a trial but we only once had to wait too long. Overall, a great place to stay and I would go again.

Room Tip: I would opt for a room overlooking the falls on my next visit. The view is worth the extra $$.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Peggy S,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Gordon Chow
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

My wife & I spend 3 days @ the Marriott every February. It's our favorite Hotel in Niagara. The prices are fair, the amenities are amazing... I'm a Niagara Resident in a wheelchair full-time. The Marriott in Niagara Falls is 100% Wheelchair Accessible.

• Stayed February 2013
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear prawlins,

We delight in knowing that you love your time with us each year. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early April, 2013. I had reserved a 2 queen room on a high floor; when I checked in I was immediately offered an upgrade to a King jacuzzi loft suite. The reason? Unbeknownst to me, there was a major dance competition going on in town, and the reservation clerk said they needed my queen beds, hence the complimentary upgrade. This saved me about C$170 than if I had booked that room originally. The only question I had was it still on a high floor. It was. So I accepted. I also opted to park myself, rather than use the valet service (self park was C$20 per day, valet was C$25 per day). I lucked into a spot right next to the building, and left the car there for the two nights I stayed. The room was very nice, with two bathrooms, two TVs, a tub down and jacuzzi up. A small fridge, no microwave, an iron and board, and hairdryer were all part of the amenities. Also a large table and medium desk. Wifi connections are not free, but this was no problem as I left the laptop at home. There is one flight of 15 stairs, that are open on one side except for railing; those with climbing difficulties or fear of heights should avoif this type of room. The suite was very clean, with a stupendous view of Horseshoe Falls from the floor-to-ceiling windows. There were also two thermostats, and the units were the quietest I had ever heard in decades of traveling. I was on the 22nd floor. I availed myself of room service for breakfast each morning; they were prepared well and brought on time both days by a very pleasant young man. I also ate dinner at Milestones on the property, although somewhat expensive, it was a good experience. I also chatted with the bartender each night while partaking of my favorite single malt, she and I had some good conversations.

The only thing that kept me from giving this property 5 stars was the elevators. There were only 4 for a 31 story building. And two of those only went to the 20th floor. Thus getting in and out was somewhat time-consuming, especially with hordes of teenage girls and their families. However, I had no problems with these girls running the halls at late hours.

The pool was nice, indoors, and very clean. I did not use the fitness facility, so cannot comment. The jacuzzi worked fine, and drained in a decent amount of time, unlike some I have used that took up to 30 minutes to drain.

This property was originally a Sheraton, and built in 1990, from what I understand. Mariott states the rooms were renovated in 2008.

This is a well-maintained property at the time of my visit and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear BornToTravel50States,

Thank you for staying with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.

GRAVENHURST
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The view of Niagara Falls from the 24th floor is breathtaking. The room is very clean and comfortable but the walls are thin. I liked their restaurant but as usual everything at Niagara is expensive and there are special area taxes that have a variety of names but are 3% above the norm.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Alan,

Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!