“Not up to Marriott Standards”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Parking was a nightmare. The parking lot was completely full and valet was the only option. The front desk was very unwelcoming. The elevators malfunctioned and we were stuck in one of them for a short period of time. The room was dirty, including the bed skirt that looked like it had been stepped on in several spots. The glasses looked like they had been cleaned with a dirty rag and the bathtub had a missing drain cover.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allibaba2014
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Allibaba2014,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. We are very sorry that you were not provided with a better experience while staying at our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are visiting Niagara Falls.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

First off I must speak of the top of the line service received at this hotel. The check in process with Amanda was very polite and professional. As we checked in, we noticed a lady quietly watching what guest and staff were doing. Her name we found out later is Pam. We had reserved Fallsview, Suite, 1 King, High floor, Fireplace, Whirlpool and were thrilled with the assigned room on the 25th floor until we got there to discover that our view of the falls was lessened by a roofline directly below us. Since these rooms are somewhat more expensive, I decided to express our dismay and on the way to the front desk happened upon the previously noticed Pam. Immediately she took control of the situation and we were moved to a Jr. Presidential, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Falls view, Fireplace, Whirlpool . More on this room later. I am not exactly sure what this lovely lady's job title is although it appeared to be a hospitality lead. What ever it is, she saved our 2 night stay and will be long remembered. The cleaning staff were all very friendly and spoke each time we saw them.
The room has its good and less that good points. The front wall overlooking the falls is comprised of nothing but glass panels with overall dimensions of approximately 8' high and 24' wide. The view of the Canadian and American falls is awesome. The sofa bed is placed in the room in a position which allows complete viewing of both. The nightly light show is beautiful. The king bed was comfortable and the 2 person whirlpool bath will certainly relax anyone.
There are short comings in room 1621 also and these should not be overlooked. The carpeting while clean is not the quality one would expect in this room. There are a full set of cupboards with absolutely nothing in them. There is a dining table but without dishes, of what value is it. The lighting above the table does not work. Various light switches do not work or are damaged. There is a small refrigerator and a very small sink for coffee or tea water. In another review, it was said this hotel is dated. Perhaps one could say this or perhaps it is somewhat neglected.
We had purchased a breakfast pkg. for the 2 day stay and found the breakfast to be very tasty. It is a serve yourself buffet. Omelets were also made by request. The staff in this area was also attentive and very friendly If purchasing this breakfast for 2 persons, meal, tax and tip will run about $50.
The pool temperature is slightly cool although young people won't mind. The hot tub was very warm. We did not use the exercise room but it appeared in good condition.

Room Tip: If staying here, it is surely a waste of money to have a city view room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmartibOswego_NY
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Good Day jmartibOswego_NY,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We will definitely pass on your comments to our maintenance team so that they may rectify the issues in your guestroom. I apologize that you did not have a perfect stay.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel was classy, clean and had one of the best breakfasts ever. Surprised it ranked 22nd overall in Niagara because it was superb. The breakfast is pricy, but if you get it as part of your package it works out better cost wise. We had a view of the falls on the 28th floor and it was breathtaking. ***I was VERY taken back at how long it takes for elevators to arrive to your floor (and there are 4 of them!), and even the main lobby area. This was a major deal for many visitors and travellers and was always the first thing to be discussed once a group of people were in the elevator together. The new system probably cost the hotel a lot of money and seemed like a more efficient and 'smart' way to use the elevators, but it DOES NOT work in practice. There was 1 family and 1 couple who mentioned on different occasions (during our elevator rides) that the elevators were the reason they would not be returning to this hotel. Seriously, we waited almost 10 minutes for our elevator to make it to the 28th floor. And when it finally came, it was full with a housekeeper bin of sheets, so we had to wait 7 more minutes for another elevator. Insane, I have never experienced anything like that before.
But the hotel staff, the rooms and the breakfast--- amazing!!!

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and get a Fallview Room.. it really is worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello Kate,

Thank you so much for the great comments! We hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel march 10-12/14 in the 2 room suite on 29th floor

Fantastic view of the falls
Room was spacious and very clean
Top to bottom windows
WEGO bus shuttle is right infront which is very convenient
Staff where friendly and very attentive
Pool was great

I have nothing negative to say other than it would have been nice if they had microwaves. Even if not in every suite at least one per floor. I needed up spending a lot of money at milestones for my 20 month old and it went all in the garbage because she either didn't eat it quick enough or at all. So I was not able to re heat it. Would have been ideal to have been able to bring my own home cooking food for her and heat it.
That would be my only request.

Oh yes and include the parking fee in the stay.. $20 plus tax daily is rather steep especially when your paying $200 and up a night

My two bedroom suite offered a lot of privacy especially since I was celebrating my wedding anniversary with two kids. It gave me privacy when needed. My room had a king bed and big bathroom including glass enclosed shower and two person whirlpool

The main room had two queen and small fridge and own bathroom.

Milestones breakfast is also a little expensive at $20 adult..
Especially since there isn't much variety. But their staff is wonderful, friendly and very attentive!

I would definately return

The view is perfect!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Not a huge fan of the hotel. Firstly, the bathroom was very small. We could barely open the door without hitting the shower curtain holder and just missing the toliet. You couldn't fit two people in the bathroom at the same time. The rest of the room was nice, but the furniture looked like it was from that 70s Show. On the plus side, the king size bed was very comfortable and clean. There was a nice 37" tv in our room, and our room smelt clean and fresh. The customer service was very friendly and welcoming. They were helpful to me for various things. The buffet in the morning was very nice and there was plenty of items to choose from. Wasnt a big fan of the $20 parking per night fee. Especially when im paying $149.00 plus taxes a night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Good Day Nick,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you comments. We are in the process of planning renovations for our guestrooms and appreciate your comments regarding the bathroom. I thank you for your comments regarding our associates.
We hope you will consider staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My friend and I stayed here on Saturday night with a Travelzoo voucher for a Fallsview Suite. With that voucher we also received vouchers for 2 restaurants (which we did not use), full breakfast buffet for 2 and some Winery Tour passes.

Upon checkin at around 630 pm, we were automatically upgraded from a regular Fallsview suite to a Superior Fallsview Suite on the 25th floor. The room was fabulous with all new furnishings. We had 2 queen beds, which were very comfortable and nice to sleep in. The bathroom had everything you would need and was in great shape.

The view from the room of the Falls was definitely 5-star quality. The hotel itself is at the end of strip, but isn't a long walk to the Casino (5 minutes) or other major attractions in the area. The Parking lot is a bit of a hike and we had to park accross the street in the overfill lot. That is understandable though as the hotel was full and it was Saturday night. Parking for the night was $20 a night, which is steep but average in Niagara Falls.

The customer service at the hotel was amazing to say the least. Everyone at the front desk was a pleasure to deal with. One lady even saw me struggling with my LCBO bag breaking, so without even asking she just helped me out and brought me a new bag. It was a small gesture, but worth noting. As well, I forgot my drivers license at the front desk. They called my room and offered to bring it to me. They brought it to me almost immediately with a smile. The people working at this hotel certainly know how to go up and beyond expectations to serve their customers.

The breakfast buffet included in our stay was also amazing. We had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated because it was Sunday and full, but was definitely worth the wait. The food I would say was 5-star quality and all tasted amazing, There was a good selection of bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, fruit and even had an omelett station.

I would definitely stay at this hotel for any occasion and would reccomend it to anyone lookin for a nice place to stay. Well done Marriott!

Room Tip: "Try to get a room on a higher floor"
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Good Day PaulRon13,

Thank you for posting your wonderful comments through Trip Advisor. We are very appreciative of your review and hope to see you again very soon for another stay.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for one night at the start of March.
Room was large and well appointed, although charging for wifi is becoming very tacky.
Bathroom surprisingly small and outdated for such a nice room.
Unusual system for elevators - computer screen tells you which elevator to take, none of the buttons in the elevator work, somewhat unsettling.
Parking 20cad, typical for Niagara Falls, hotel is at the end of the hotel strip so a longer walk to the casino or the falls - more of an issue in the winter time.
Milestones restaurant in the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Good Day bruce14,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and for staying with us recently. We appreciate your comments regarding your stay. We hope that you will join us again soon for another stay.