“Great view, very slow elevators, helpful concierge”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Great view, very slow elevators, helpful concierge”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spectacular view of the Falls and extremely helpful concierge (Josephine) as she was very helpful in locating my cell phone that was left in a taxi. Lobby has a decent bar and Starbucks. Room was of average quality. Wait for elevators was the worst I have ever encountered during my many travels, usually a five minute wait during my three day stay.

Room Tip: View of the Falls is worth the money!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike M
MGWManagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello Mike M
I am happy to hear that our concierge was able to help you recover your phone. I know what an inconvenience that can be. I am sorry to hear that our facilities were less than satisfactory, and I do apologies for the long elevator wait times. In the near future all guest rooms will undergo a complete renovation. We hope you will return after this has been completed and give us the opportunity to provide you with an amazing Marriott experience. Feel free to contact our hotel management directly if you would like to discuss further.
Charlene

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were traveling with the entire family. Two grandparents, three adults and two grandchildren. We had a two bedroom suite on the 29th floor facing the falls. Got to see the fireworks over the falls our first night from the comfort of our room. We had a fireplace in one room and a huge shower and Jacuzzi in the other. Very comfortable in spite of seven of us. The view CANNOT be beat...going to sleep to it at night and the first thing you see in the morning. Staff was friendly and efficient. If you are going to the falls, this is the place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Good Day Mommaluke,

It is great to hear that you and your entire family loved their stay with us! We are so happy to hear that our associates and the view left you with wonderful memories of Niagara Falls.

We hope to welcome you all back soon.

Gord Chow
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We could not have found a better room or a better view of the falls if we had designed it ourselves. We were on the 31st floor and from our room we could see the American and Canadian falls in perfect clarity. The photographs I took from our room were postcard perfect views!
The room itself was great--a large bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub, a bedroom separate from the living room, and a fireplace. The bedroom had a window that looked into the living room and thereby allowed us to be in bed but also enjoy the view of the falls.
The staff was kind and courteous. Our housekeeper went above and beyond and was always so friendly.
There is a restaurant within the hotel called Milestones which serves a buffet breakfast as well as lunch, dinner, and drinks. We never had a bad meal there--plus the view is great!
We booked a package deal which gave us vouchers for breakfast (2 included each morning) as well as dinner vouchers for each night we stayed. I would recommend doing this as the breakfast costs $20-25 per person without the voucher! The dinner vouchers were for Milestones and Terrapin Grill (which is in the Marriott Fallsview across the street). Terrapin is more upscale/white tablecloth but both restaurants serve excellent food.
I can't recommend this place enough! It is a bit of a walk to the noise of Clifton Hill which in turn means it is a decent walk to the falls--but it is definitely worth the extra steps!

Room Tip: By all means, choose a room with a view of the falls with the included breakfast and dinner vouchers...
1 Thank GabrielleTravels
Hello GabrielleTravels,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your amazing feedback. We appreciate your review regarding our hotel and your experiences. It is great to hear that your stay was perfect.

We look forward to your next visit.

Gord Chow
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The room and the Location was ok. Unfortunately the Service was absolutley Not ok. It was Not possible in the whole restaurant to Heat up babyfood. It's possible in every restaurant, but Not in a MARRIOTT Hotel? That's really disappointing. And they where Even not willing to help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mandoreshi
MGWManagement, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Sir/ Madame,

Please except my sincerest apologies on behalf of our team at Milestones in the Marriott Gateway. National Food Safety standards dictate that we not allow outside food into the restaurant. Having said that, we realize your frustration at not having your needs met within our establishment. It is never our intention to negatively affect our guests in any way. Corrective action has been taken to ensure this situation will never arise again. I want to personally thank you for the time taken to provide your feedback. We embrace each opportunity to coach and strengthen our team with every complaint and compliment. I am truly sorry for your experience and would welcome the opportunity to enhance your next visit with us. Thank you again for your time.

Andie Scriven
General Manager of Food and Beverage
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place has pretty standard Marriott quality, but half of the hotel gets pretty amazing views of the falls. The concierge lounge is also pretty basic, but all the staff we encountered were very nice and accommodating..

Room Tip: Face the water, enough said.
Hello ee978
We appreciate the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay with us. The view of the falls here is pretty amazing and I’m happy to hear you were able to enjoy the view and that our staff were nice and accommodating, we do our best to provide our guests with exceptional service. We hope you will return to our hotel after our guest room renovations have been completed and allow us to an opportunity to improve on your previous experience. Feel free to contact our hotel management directly if you would like to discuss further.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Caption says it all. Unbeatable view with Falls View Room on high floor. This pretty much compensated for the pealing wallpaper by the elevators, long wait (sometimes over 5-8 minutes for elevators from floor 25), and pedestrian rooms. In fairness, the hotel and room were clean. Standard Marriot fair, but again, in need of basic updating to bring it up to par with newer properties. Hotel has decent amenities, indoor pool, starbucks in lobby, excellent concierge, passably decent front desk staff (ok, she was in training, I'll give her a break). If you are looking for 5 star view, you got it, in terms of room quality itself and some of the common areas, I would give it 2-3 star. If I come back I will check out the Marriot resort and spa (which is literally across the street-don't confuse them), it seemed much newer and may have been renovated more recently.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelguy6830
Hello Robert M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property. It is great to hear that our staff was friendly and provided great service to you. I do apologize that we fell short on impressing you with our facilities. In the near future all guest rooms will undergo a complete renovation. We hope you will return after this has been completed and give us the opportunity to provide you with an amazing Marriott experience. Feel free to contact our hotel management directly if you would like to discuss further.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hubby and I booked the Romance Package complete with King bed, whirlpool tub, wine, chocolate dipped strawberries, roses and dining vouchers...well worth it. I read many reviews before gong and YES, the elevators are slow! Check in was easy and I had inquired about possibly upgrading and was told I could upgrade to a 2 storey lot style room for an additional $60. I opted to pass, had we been travelling with others the extra space would have been great but the purpose of the trip was to be close together. I insist on a view of the Falls whenever i'm at the Falls, or else what is the point. Breathtaking as always to just sit and watch.

Didn't have a chance to utilize the spa or go for a swim so can't comment on those aspects. Staff were friendly enough, I was checked in by a young lady in training and found her a bit hard to understand and had to keep asking her to repeat herself. We ordered room service (phyllo shrimp and white chocolate cheesecake..:-o) which came directly from the Milestones inside the hotel....it was quick, affordable and delicious. Bed was very comfortable and made me wonder if I should ditch my queen size for a king. We ordered a movie ($18...:-o,.....shocking) but fell asleep 10 minutes in and couldn't rewind or recapture it, bit of a waste. I had requested a later checkout and was only given an additional half hour but would have wanted more. The biggest negative I had was the loud noise the a/c made...so much so that we had to crank the television up to overpower it. The two items the rooms could use are a microwave and I am liking the cross over to Keurig's over the original coffee makers that I see at other hotel chains. We had dinner at Milestone's, fantastic, nothing at all like the madness in the city where we have to wait 20 minutes for a table. Had a fantastic server (I believe her name was Debbie). We returned for the breakfast buffet at Milestones as well and loved the made to order omelette table. Check out was quick, they leave a statement under your door early morning and you could check out through the TV or over the phone. The taxes were expected but those other PAF fees are strange and seem like nickel and diming.
A DEFINITE DO AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: The a/c unit was really loud....don't know if this changes by room or is the same for all. Fall...