“Nice Hotel - TERRIBLE Elevators” 3 of 5 bubbles

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel - TERRIBLE Elevators”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. The people working here were very nice and helpful. The hotel itself is nice and it's in a GREAT location for viewing the falls. They have an awesome large fitness center with new machines and equipment. Very clean ! Hotel parking was plentiful and we never had trouble getting a place (parking in this city is awful) However, you have to pay to use their lot. Considering the amount of money we spent to stay here... seriously ?? Parking should be totally free. Now... My biggest problem with this place is the elevators. There are four which should be plenty for a hotel this size. We waited forever for elevators. It got to the point that when we were leaving to go anywhere, we didn't even try to get an elevator down. We just used the stairs which, again, considering what we paid to stay there, should not be happening! Our last morning there, the number of people checking out was high. I grabbed a luggage cart myself rather than wait for someone to come get our bags. This was around 9 AM. No lie .... it took me 25 minutes to get that cart on an elevator to go down. I ended up getting on one that was going UP just so I could ride down. For whatever reason, it didn't gothe whole way to the lobby floor and after picking up 2 people that decided to squeeze in on the 4th floor... IT WENT BACK UP to 25 before finally coming back down to the lobby. I was ready to strangle someone. I wouldn't stay there again for at least another 6 months to give them time to straighten this out for real. I overheard many other people who had similar problems with the elevators. If it weren't for having to pay to park and the elevator issue, I would have given them 5 stars. There is just simply no excuse for those two things.

Room Tip: There are falls view and city view rooms. if you want to see the falls from your room, don't for...
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Scotttg
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Good Day Scotttg,

Thank you for choosing Marriott. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and would come back again. I sincerely apologize for the hotel elevators. We are working to enhance this service. We hope to have it completed very soon.

We hope to see you again.

Gord Chow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm so glad we stayed here. Our room on the 29th floor had an awesome view of the falls - Horseshoe, American, Bridal Veil and the Rainbow Bridge. We stayed over a Sunday night and so got to see the fireworks from the comfort of our suite. The staff were super helpful. When they saw we were Marriott gold members, we were given a lovely room with a fireplace (didn't use it but the ambiance was nice.) We got tickets for hors devours and breakfast in the executive lounge on the 19th floor which also has great views. We also had free wifi. The wait for the elevators was a little longer than usual, but nothing more than 5 minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeasonedTraveler1K
Nutley, Nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Had a room on the 15th floor and had the most incredible,view of the falls. The room was clean, comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant. Will definitely stay again. Only drawback, we only had a partial view of the fireworks from our room, but would have had a perfect view had we gone across the street.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne H
Osted, Roskilde, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed there for one night and had booked a suite with views down on the falls. The view is truly stunning and the room was up to expectation. However it was quite disappointing to find that everything else at a fee and very pricey. Access to the internet $10 per device made me wonder what decade they are living in? This made me look around, and I found fees for everything. I was left with that feeling that they wanted to rip me by having a fee or price on everything that most often is complementary at Marriott’s

Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kenth W
Hello Kenth W,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you felt the fees for additional services or amenities at the hotel were unacceptable. I am happy to hear that you loved the view and hope that you will come back again to marvel at Niagara Falls.

Pomona, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights, our view was breathtaking with floor to ceiling windows... we had a loft, we did not know with the bedroom upstairs that the upstairs bath would have the jacuzzi tub and the downstairs would have the shower, just a little inconvenient!!! They are proud to say they have Starbucks but it closes at 6:30pm during the week... their very small gift shop would close on and off during the day and then close for the day at 9pm... the bar closes at midnight... the vending machines only sell soda (pop) nothing in the snack area, so if you want a snack you need to leave the hotel after 9pm....The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the staff were pleasant... you had to wait forever for the elevator since there is 31 floors... for the price we paid for our room I would think the amenities would be much better and the lobby and rooms would be decorated nicer...

Room Tip: over looking the falls
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BKollman
Good Day BKollman,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you loved the view that we offer at the hotel. I do apologize for the wait times with the elevators. I understand how upsetting that can be for guests when you are visiting an area with lots of activities to participate in. I appreciate your comments regarding the Starbucks, Gift Shop and Vending Machines. We will share these within Marriott.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may provide you with a better experience.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Gateway on a recent trip to Niagara Falls. We called on the drive up and luckily got a room for a 1:30am check-in. Our room was very nice, we could not get a view of the falls though so we looked out at a parking lot, but what more can you expect when you book 5 hours before you arrive? The only thing that was a problem was the elevators, they took FOREVER! Not sure how that is possible but we waited 20 minutes for the elevator to come in the morning so we could check out and leave.

For a one night stay and just passing out in the room this was a great place to go, easy to get to when coming from the US side. Luckily for us there were only two elevator trips necessary, one being at 1:30 in the morning (no wait at all) and another at around 8am (quite a considerable wait). I can see how annoying the elevator situation would be if staying longer than we did.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kaitlyn A
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello Kaitlyn,

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the wait times with our elevators. I understand how disappointing that can be. We are working to correct this and hope to have it completed as soon as possible. I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that you will come and stay with us again soon.

Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is definitely the place for you to stay if you enjoy waking up to a beautiful sight every morning. We had a perpetual view of the falls from our hotel room window. Not only were we able to see the sunrise and sunset over the falls, but we had front row seats to the firework show! We also had the breakfast and hors d'oeuvres included in our daily package, which was in a room with an excellent view of the falls, as well. We will definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Be sure to select a "fallsview" room.
      Location