“You'll fall in love with Fallsview”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“You'll fall in love with Fallsview”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We spent the extra dollars on the "Luxury Fallsview Spa" room - and were given the nicest hotel room I have stayed to date.

Room amenities were great. Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. However, I remember seeing that the room's bottled water (aquafina) was priced at $7.95 which actually made me laugh at loud. Oversized jacuzzi with jets.. after walking all day, either exploring the pretty scenery of Niagara or touristy attractions of the city (fear factory - great, guinness museum - terrible) nothing is more relaxing then sinking into a tub. Tip: bring bubble bath.

Hotel facilities exceeded expectations. The pool is half indoor and outdoor, overlooking the sky. Feels like a resort. Staff were friendly, and when I ordered room service it was a nice touch that I was greeted by name. Location was a bit far from the main tourist attractions, but made up for it in terms of closeness to the falls.

The view of the falls - probably what anyone reading this wants to know. I read a bunch of reviews beforehand and was skeptical. When we first arrived at Niagara, given how hotels are laid out, certainly some rooms would have obscured views of the falls. The entire elevator ride up after check-in was like being a kid on Christmas eve. The second the room door unlocked I ran to the window and froze halfway. Our room was overlooking the entire falls with no obstructions at all - no other hotels or balconies or trees were in the way. It was definitely amazing and something I will never forget.

This isn't one of those hotel rooms that resemble a miniature apartment. Instead it's a cozy, well laid out room. The view of the falls is the centerpiece, and the other room amenities accent it. If you are looking for an unforgettable stay at Niagara I would without a doubt choose this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

Wow! It sounds like you will never forget your experience in Niagara Falls. That is wonderful for us to hear. It always makes us very happy to hear that we have been instrumental in making lasting memories.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary....before we went I did a lot of research to see which hotel to stay at....and was kinda wary about this hotel's location (some reviews stated that it was at "the end of the falls" and the view wasnt as great as the other hotels)
I'm glad I ignored the comments and stayed here b/c the view was breathtaking and the room was very comfortable and clean. The only cons for this hotel was that it didnt have a large selection of champagne that we could choose from. The breakfast buffet was not worth 50 dollars for two....go across the street and eat at the breakfast buffet restaurant for 7 dollars per person... you will get the same kind of food there.
If you have a hard time walking uphill to get back to the hotel, go purchase the niagara falls pass and activate your transportation pass at the incline railway as you are heading down to the falls and use the railway to go up and down to your hotel....as this will be the quickest way to get to it. We did not realize this until the last day but did not mind b/c the walk was pleasant for us. There is free internet service at the business center. You can even print for free which was a plus. One other thing is that they do not tell you that the tip is included in the bill if you order room service. I had to ask them b/c I didnt have Canadian cash and wanted to see how I could tip on our final hotel bill. Anyway, you can tip extra if you want to but the tip is included in the bill.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ellena18
4410, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 21 October 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel & Conference Centre for your recent stay in Niagara Falls.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and did not miss out on anything that was offered in the area. It is always nice to know that we have had a hand in making someone’s stay a more memorable one. Thank you for your wonderful comments and no doubt you will be back.

When you do return, we hope you will consider allowing us to be your host again.
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel for a few nights back in August. The location is almost perfect, and after visiting the Clifton Hill area, I was very happy that the Sheraton was far from there. The hotel is close to Horseshoe Falls, but it faces the back of the falls, so I'm not sure if their fallsview rooms have as good of a view as one of the hotels that face the front of the falls. The Sheraton has complimentary internet usage near their lobby and a Starbucks, which was a bonus for me since I stopped by every morning.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel & Conference Centre for your recent visit to Niagara Falls.

We would also like to thank you for letting us know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are always happy to know that we have made a difference in making a stay more memorable.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We went to the Sheraton Fallsview based on TA reviews. I booked the 2 night stay using points through SPG. When I booked the room I was told that I would be staying in a fallsview room. When I checked in at the hotel, the clerk told me that I was in a city view room "but I could upgrade for $70/night." No thanks! The room was nice and had a mini-fridge....I told my kids not to get within 10 feet of the bottled water for sale in the room for $7.95 per bottle!!!!! We enjoyed the location and using the shuttle to/from the fallsview casino. it is close to the incline transportation to the table rock area of the canadien falls. The kids loved the indoor pool area which was nice for an indoor pool area. I would not recommend the Milestone restaurant for their buffet breakfast....I normally don't critique food poorly, but that was some disgusting food...I'm not sure if the eggs, sausage, pancakes, or french toast were truly what we thought they were! Kids didn't eat much. Glad we had free vouchers for the breakfast or else it would have been $64 plus tip for 2 adults and 2 children...and yes, parking amounts to $23/day with tax but what else are you going to do?! Every where else in that area charges for parking.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Dear valued guest:

We do apologize that you were disappointed with different aspects of your stay. I will share your comments with all of the departments you mentioned in your review. We do our best to accommodate our guest’s needs but unfortunately cannot accommodate all of them 100% of the time. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We do hope that you will join us again in the future.
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton fallsview for 2 nights midweek at the beginning of September. We arrived just after midnight after a long drive from New York city but received a warm welcome at reception. We had booked a falls view room and we were on the 19th floor. Unfortunately by the time we got to our room they had switched the illumination of the falls off so we were up at sunrise to have a look and what a fantastic view, right over horseshoe falls and down the river to the american falls.
We ate breakfast in the hotel both mornings as it was included in our room price but had it not been included we would have eaten somewhere cheaper as they were charging $20 CAD per person which I think is steep for breakfast! It was a buffet breakfast which was nice with a good choice of food. We noticed that the starbucks in the lobby was closed at breakfast time so you couldn't go there instead!
We spent the morning sightseeing at the falls but spent all afternoon enjoying the view from the room. The room was spacious with 2 double beds, nicely furnished and good sized bathroom with dressing area.
September was a good time to visit Niagara Falls as all the attractions were still open but there were no crowds or queues.
I would recommend to other travellers - especially falls view rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4410, Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
October 19, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel & Conference Centre for you recent stay in Niagara Falls.

I would also like to thank you for the wonderful comments you made regarding our facility. It is always rewarding to know that we have made our guest’s stay a memorable one.

We look forward to being your host again when you are in the area.
Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We recently stayed at the Niagara Fallsview hotel for a mid-week family vacation. I had reserved a superior room with a fallsview. I had also requested that we were given a room on the highest floor available. We were on the 30th floor and had an amazing view of the falls both day and night. The extra money for a superior room was well worth the price. The room had 2 queen beds which nicely accomodated a family of 4.
My only complaints were: 1. it appeared that anyone could have parked in the parking lot and I paid $20 plus tax to self park. ( the gates to the parking lot were open for our complete stay) 2. my son accidently left our camera/video camera in the computer area one morning. We realized it was missing within 1 hour and came directly back to the hotel to try to locate it. We asked atleast 5 times that day to different people at the front desk if a camera had been turned in. Each time the front staff went to the back and came out after several minutes and said nothing had been turned in. One staff member in the evening offered to call house keeping but was unable to reach anyone and said she would continue to try and would call our room. We never received a call. When we checked out the next day we asked yet another person and she called housekeeping and the lobby maid had found the camera and it was promptly brought up to us to identify.
Hopefully our children learned a lesson about responsibility but also about customer service. We were thrilled to get the camera back but hated that we had to ask so many times before we found someone who knew the policy for lost items and cared enough to follow thru. 3. Niagara Falls is incredibly expensive. We didn't expect it to cost so much to go out to eat ==especially at the chain restaurants. IHOP was over $16 for a pancake meal that I could get at my local IHOP for $5-7.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ATWD
October 19, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our facility.

Our parking facility is monitored to be sure that it is only our guests that are parked here. If we find a vehicle which does not belong to a guest it is towed away.

As for the temporary misplacement of your camera, Lost & Found should have been called immediately with the pertinent information. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager so she can speak to her staff regarding this incident and the proper way it should have been handled. We are happy that it was eventually returned to you.

We do hope that you will consider joining us again when you are in the area.
dublin.ireland
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Checked in to this lovely hotel, Lovely atmosphere the minute you enter the front door,Reception staff were very informative, told us where every thing was &told us what lift to take to our room.There was also a desk for info on the tours in the area with lots of leaflets,The staff here were lovely printing out time tables of buses & toures.There is a Starbucks in the lobby,& a bar overlooking the falls, Our room was on the 25th floor & wawoooooo what a sight from our window you could see the whole of the falls,Just lovely to wake up to,There was two king size beds, in the room with a desk, inernet,Flat screen TV, Iron /board, the bathroom had a lovely powershower & bath tub.
Breakfast was buffe with juices,cereal,fresh fruit,yougert,eggs of all sort,bacon,beans sausage tomato,Tea Coffee,all sorts of breads & cakes.

The Sheraton fallsview hotel is up at the canadian horseshoe side of the falls away from all the hustle & bustle nice quite area.great to see the fireworks from the 3rd floor.We watched them from here because the flash from the camera was reflecting off the window in our room. We went in to Standley's bar to celerbrate Auther;s day. Then went to Margaritaville for dinner.

There is so much to see in Niagara Skylon Tower,Niagara fury,& journey behind the falls, maid of the mist, Sky wheel.to name but a few, Clifton hill has it all if your in to all that,we just went up to have a look & see what it was like not our sort of thing,so decided to go to Niagara on the lakes.
We got a Taxi because we were to late for the bus as we done the maid of the mist before we went be prepared to get wet, but boy is it worth it.NOTL was such a lovely quant town, the taxi man stopped at the smallest church & the flower clock on the way.we went down to the lake & watched a couple renewing their vows.had a look around the town met some realy nice people.Then headed back to hotel so as not to miss the Fireworks.
Next day we went in to St Catherines as they were having their 59th wine festival it started off with a parade in the morning,followed by bands playing all round the town & the park had lots of tents in it selling all their wines from the wine region,to taste the wine you had to buy tokens $21 got you 7 tokens,1 token got you 2oz wine or 2 tokens got you a plate of food.there was also different bands playing.& there was a section for the kids with jumping castles every one was in grate form.
we had a grate time in Niagara & will definitaly return some day.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple