“Great location but soooo noisy”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #32 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
OH
“Great location but soooo noisy”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed two nights at the Skyline Inn and the location was perfect. Connected to the Fallsview water park which the kids LOVED. We could walk to restaurants and the falls. However, the hotel is so noisy. It seemed as if there was NO sound proofing done. We could hear people next door talking at a normal volume and could understand what they were saying. There was also lots of noise coming from upstairs (footsteps). The guests were all considerate of each other, but you would seriously have to whisper to not be heard in the next room. We were traveling with friends and the guest next door to them coughed all night. I guess if you can sleep through loads of noise and your kids are very quiet so as not to disturb others, than this hotel is fine. The room was very dark as the only window looked out to the common internal courtyard. We didn't want people looking into our room as they walked past, so we had to keep the curtains closed. If I were to return to Niagara Falls, I would stay at one of the other hotels connected to the Fallsview waterpark instead.

1 Thank LucyCaroline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2012

When we first got there the front desk employee, Lucy(i) - unsure of the spelling - told us that we were not able to get the 2 queen rooms that we booked but then proceeded to tell us that we are getting an upgrade to a room with 2 queens and bunk beds. With two kids (6 and 4) - that was a nice upgrade. The front desk employees were very helpful and very nice throughout the entire stay.
The first thing about the bunk bed room is that it is very hot in that room (we traveled recently in July). So we had to get the room temperature to a level where it was comfortable for the girls in the room. That was not a problem. The kids loved the bunk beds. Especially because they had their own little wall mounted TV in their room.
The room overall was clean. The sheets were stained and the curtains were stained but that was not a big deal. The bathroom was nicely redone and very modern look to it. Overall the room was good.
The noise level of the other rooms were loud but there were a lot of little kids running around and excited to be in Canada, I guess!! :)
They had movies for the kids in the courtyard every night and you were able to use the pools in other "sister" hotels. We used the one in the Hampton Inn directly behind the Skyline. It was easy in - just show your room key. They were very accommodating.
The only negative that I have to say about the place is the registration parking. There are 4 spots under the overhang that protect from the weather, but the spaces are extremely tight. We have a Chevy Equinox and that was a tight fit to make turns and park in the registration lots. I would suggest finding a spot under the hotel or just have your passenger get out and register and then park in the Casino hotel overflow parking across the street. It is easy in and easy out. The voucher is $10 a day and you can come and go as much as you want. Park on Level 4 and you will be on the main level with the hotel. I would not park under the hotel unless you have a smaller vehicle or you get a space early when the lot is not as full. Overall, just park in the Casino lot and you will have no problems. It was no hassle parking and very convenient.
You are connected to the water park and there is a nice walkway from the top of the hotel to the water park. It is lighted up like a rainbow at night and is pretty cool.
Overall, the stay was nice and we will book there again!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the courtyard rooms in the summer months. They are louder with the movies and the ki...
1 Thank traveldad16
Ottawa
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is a fairly decent hotel for the price. A large 3acres of water park with a walkway from Skyline to the watermark which makes it ideal in the winter as well. An ideal hotel for family vacation in Niagara area. We went from Ottawa to Niagara Falls and it was worth it. It is walking distance to all main attractions like the falls and clifton hills where all kinds of kids activities are located. They also provide a coupon book for variety of activities for kids or free entrance to for example, mini golf, MGM mini studio experience, pink panther balloon ride with as view of falls and clifton hills. This will save you money on entertainment for kids.  They have movie nights with popcorn.  . This hotel waterpark packages are excellent compared to he Greatwolf Resort which is quite expensive. The watermark is very decent and has many slides and options for many age groups. Employees are helpful and very pleasant.  Restaurants are all closeby.  Something to note in the summer days, There are fireworks at the Falls on Friday and Sundays, we went on Friday (it only lasts about 6 minutes but they are done very well so it is worthwhile.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank kanasri
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

For what other hotels are charging, the Skyline is a great value. The rooms were well equipped with a fridge and coffee maker. The bathrooms were newly remodled and extremely clean. The hotel is within 10 minutes walk from all the attractions on the Canadian side and also very close to the border crossing making it easy to get to the more natural US side.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C R
London, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Please be very cautious at the Skyline Inn. My daughter and I stayed there if April 2012 and had a huge security issue take place. First of all, as soon as we checked in we were in our room and someone from housekeeping came look in our room "to make sure everything was done". Then that evening, while we were away, someone opened the door of our room and left it open and then told me that our van had been left open as well. We confirmed with people that had parked beside us that our van had never been left open. When I discovered that our room was open I went to the front desk and one of the guys told me they could run my door key pad through to see who had entered..ie housekeeping, security etc. but they when I said yes I would like it done they refused to do it saying the machine was not working. They offered me another room that had just be vacated due to a problem (so as if I really wanted to take that room). Not once did they come to the room to take a look, offer to check for me or anything. They basically had nothing to offer and nothing to help. The next day I was speaking with someone else that had stayed there as well and they had found their room open as well the night before. They hadn't called the front desk they just had another friend check through it with them. Since that time, I have called 2 managers and have yet to have anything resolved, clarified, etc except that the one manager said "I'm curious too who would have been in the room because the machine we run the door reader through has never been broke in the last 8 months and if it did it would have to fixed immediately". She assured me she would call me back within 1/2 hour as she was going to go check right then and I have still never heard anything. I have left numerous messages with both managers and they conveniently call back during the hours that I say I'm not available. I really feel it was an employee that had done this and they are afraid to admit they had someone working there like that. I will never stay there again and never recommend this place to anyone. Please be very careful if you stay there, you never know who has been in your room or might be there when you get there?

Room Tip: Do not stay there unless you have a big guard dog to watch your room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank MmNor
Pune, India
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is an amazing place to stay. Just a 5mins walk from the mail lane in Niagara and the mail Falls. The breakfast is not included in your stay which is not good but on the whole, an amazing family place.
The best part is the skywalk that takes you to the indoor/outdoor waterpark and its so amazing that your kids will not wanna come out of this place.
Its really nice, the rooms are also very nice and big.
So if its a family trip for 2 days or more to Niagara, the skyline Inn is the place to be :-)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gauravk777
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at the skyline in July 8-11. It was a clean hotel, coffee maker and fridge in room, and a very easy walk to the tourist attractions. What was interesting was that there were rooms around 'courtyards', which are really just enclosed public areas with nice carpeting, some tables and couches, plants etc. This is where you can get access to free wi-fi. One of the courtyards have a family movie night - we requested to be away from the noise, and found our room relatively quiet - there were some kids running around the courtyard but the noise wasn't too bad. The hotel is attached to a nice indoor waterpark - my 17 year old teen had a great time there while I took a nap. 16 and under kids must be supervised. The Perkins restaurant attached to the hotel is outrageously expensive, but they have a good breakfast deal - $1.99 for a coffee and giant muffin (to go). There was a little grocery mart near the hotel where I picked up milk for the room, so we had the coffee both from perkins and the in room coffee maker, plus the muffins. If you elect to skip housekeeping you can also get a $5 coupon for starbucks. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. But if you want to save some money then stop at a grocery store for snacks, milk and juice.

Room Tip: request a quiet courtyard. Also second floor will be a little quieter.