“Great hotel, reasonable price”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I booked a 2 night stay at the Skyline Inn through AAA. We have stayed in AAA hotels before and there have been mixed reviews. The Skyline Inn was a very nice hotel for a very reasonable price, The room was large, airy and clean. The hotel is set up in separate sections with large areas with table and chairs -- sort of like small lobbies throughout. It is connected to a water park, so there were some kids running through to the bridge to the water park, but it was not annoying. It was close enough to the Falls and all the restaurants, but no so close to be noisy. It is right across the street fron a casino. It is definitely worth the cost; would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Skyline Hotel & Waterpark

Reviewed 5 October 2008

Skyline Inn, Niagara Falls in Canada was convenient to the main tourist areas but nothing special at all. We stayed there because it was connected to the waterpark across the street and was reasonably priced. The hotel was older, rooms were dark and the atriums were noisy until 11pm. One or two nights would be fair but I wouldn't stay any longer.

Reviewed 28 September 2008

This hotel is ideally situated in Niagara. Short walk to the falls and to the main - very tacky - strip. Hotel is fine, very dated interior and style though. Bathroom was newly renovated in our room thankfully. No problems here the hotel is fine with convenient and cheap parking on site also.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2008

** I wrote and sent this letter to the Niagara Hotel Authority last year based on a very colourful experience at the Skyline Inn, and never got a reply.

To the Niagara Hotel Authority,

Somewhere, in every hotel room on earth, there is a sign saying, We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Of course, the Skyline Inn is no exception to this. However, that being the case, does that make it permissible for hotel staff to take, lose, or misplace what they like? Then in the event that something is taken, lost or misplaced, is it the standard for hotel staff to offer little to no assistance, because it is not their responsibility?

At the end of August 2007, I had relatives visiting from overseas. Niagara Falls was naturally on their sightseeing agenda, and so a whole crew of us did a weekend at the Skyline Inn, staying in rooms 1509, 1510, and 1511 respectively. My sister and I had room 1511, and soon after check-in, I hand-washed the top I’d been wearing that day. I laid it out on a towel and hung it on the wardrobe door in the corner, so it would be out of the way.

The next night, after getting back to the room, my top was gone. I was naturally very upset by this, and went downstairs to the front desk for assistance. When I asked the manager on duty what could be done, here is the exact answer he gave me: “Nothing.” I pressed further, wanting to know what steps to take, and the next answer he gave me, again in these exact words, was, “I don’t know.”

I asked if I could leave a note for the day manager, so he took down my information and assured me that I would be receiving a phone call from her first thing the next morning. When that did not happen, I myself made the call and was informed that I would be notified the minute any news came through.

Again, this did not happen. By now it had been pieced together that my top was in some laundry machine with Skyline Inn towels, and even though I called down repeatedly for any information before I checked out that day, I was never given any concrete answers.

I checked out a few hours later, and when I again pressed for information, I was told that I’d be getting a call by noon the next day, at the very latest. When I told that Skyline employee that I wanted and needed my top back, I was assured with an, “Of course.”

Since then, I haven’t heard so much as a peep from anyone at the Skyline. While I’ve accepted that my top is gone forever, I am still appalled and very, very angry that to date I have not received any calls, reimbursement or even an apology for the loss of one of my personal items, and ruining what would have otherwise been a very good vacation.

I take very good care of my clothes, and choose only quality items. That top was not cheap. Should you need verification of this, I suggest you scour the laundry room for remnants of my top, and the embossed gold M near the bottom.

I do a lot of traveling, both for business and pleasure, and have stayed in hotels, motels, inns, B&B’s, short term rentals, and pensions around the world. Be it one star or five star, nothing like this has ever happened to me before, and not once have I ever been compelled to write a letter of complaint for such an occurrence, and the mediocre fashion with which this matter was treated.

Two weeks after that incident, another set of relatives from overseas came to visit, and they too wanted to see the Falls. At my urging, we steered very clear of the Skyline Inn, and went instead to the Doubletree. The rooms were beautiful, immaculately clean, service was exceptional, and nothing disappeared. It was refreshing to again be in an establishment where paying customers are treated with dignity and respect.

So let me assure you in total truth and complete clarity, which is a lot more than what I was given, that I will never again stay at the Skyline Inn. No one I know will be staying at the Skyline Inn, and no one ever seeking my advice on lodgings will stay at the Skyline Inn, or the entire Niagara Hotel Authority, for that matter. I am so completely disgusted by the whole experience, that my only satisfaction will have to come from saving others the hassle.

After reading all of the above, this may come as little to no surprise to you. Then again, it might go completely bypassed and unnoticed. Who’s to say this letter will ever be read, or even replied to? After all, it’s not your responsibility.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank metromint
Reviewed 30 August 2008

Our stay at the Skyline Inn was a pleasantly memorable one. Everything quoted in our package deal was available. The staff were courteous, informative and professional. The rooms were exceptionally clean, comfortable and quiet. This was our favourite stay,while in Niagara Falls, ever!
We would definitely recommend staying at the Skyline Inn to anyone seeking an affordable, family oriented, clean and conveniently located hotel.

Reviewed 30 August 2008

Just returned a few days ago from our trip to Niagara Falls! We had a wonderful time and I must say, this hotel is great value for your money!

We arrived in Niagara by train Via Rail, and headed by taxi to the Skyline Inn. It was about a five minute or so drive.

The hotel sold out!, there was a big check-in line, but check in went very smoothly and quickly.

I have to say, this hotel is within walking distance off everything, restaurants, Clifton Hill, Hershey Store, Hard Rock Cafe etc. so it is an ideal location.

We stayed in two different rooms during our stay, the first room had no windows or balcony and it had a very claustriphobic feel, so we decided to upgrade to a balcony room the second night and we were glad we did, enjoyed it much more.

I have to comment on the staff, they are very customer service focussed and so friendly and helpful, I have never stayed at a hotel with such friendly staff, management and housekeeping.

The rooms were spotless, newly renovated and we had lots of towels during our stay.

The onsite restaurant is convienient, yet a bit overpriced.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone, and the indoor courtyard is great! They have an indoor movie for the kids at 8pm.

This hotel is 100% smoke free and family friendly, however, smoking and noise complaints will result in a $200. fee being charged to the room, which I think is great to keep the noise level to a minimum.

Thanks Skyline Inn for a WONDERFUL STAY!

We look forward to visiting again!

CG

Reviewed 29 August 2008

This was a fantastic place to stay with the kids! Especially if you are planning on using the waterpark which is linked by a skywalk (and why wouldn't you??)
The waterpark was a lot of fun for everybody. Anybody of all ages can enjoy this place and you can spend hours and hours there and the time just flies by!