“Had a great time.....”

Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Peterborough
“Had a great time.....”
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Stayed at the Skyline recently over the "Family Day" holiday. We had a great time. We enjoyed the Skyline entirely. Being an Innkeeper myself and a Dad, I appreciate cleanliness and function. The warm, glass hallway connection to the water park, which was our little group's focus destination, was really a blessing, or "cool" depending on what speak you prefer. Accommodations were good, fridge, tv, coffee, looks like there has been some updates recently. What I thought was an excellent value add, was the courtyard set up. My daughter played with her little friend a ton right outside our room, and they enjoyed a movie in one of the courtyards in the evening. A short walk, in bathing suits to the waterpark, which has a broad age appeal by the way.
Short walk to see the Falls, friendly staff, excellent temporary check in parking, all in all, glad we went, the kids are still talking about it. So am I actually. Thanks Karen.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I was pleasently surprised with the Skyline Inn. We had a WaterPark package and the hotel was worth ever penny we paid. Front desk was very nice. We were surprised to find our room was ready at 11:00 am. Which was great. We were able to unpack and change to our bathing suits with ease.

Hotel is divided into indoor courtyards. Room was a good size, beds very comfortable. Lots of pillows and blankets. Room had a refrigerator and coffeemaker. Plenty of towels!!! Hotel had a movie for the kids in one Courtyard, while we were able to sit in the other and enjoy a bottle of wine. Only problem was the room had a musty smell. You got use to it right away.

Very easy access to the waterpark.

Albion, NY
Reviewed 21 February 2009

We took our children for the waterpark package. Waterpark was excellent. Rooms need help. Very outdated. Our room had a musty smell, almost like wet clothes. The chairs were stained with something. The curtains were dirty and stained in various spots. At the top they had rust all over them. The pen didn't even work to complete the survey. I had to bring it home and send it back. We don't get a lot of chances to take our kids on vacations (we have 4). This could have been a lot better experience. Very disapponted in room quality.

1 Thank iamessential
ontario,
Reviewed 17 February 2009

my husband and i stayed there for one night on feb 4th 2009 and we were treated with respect and prompt service. the staff was terrific and the rooms were spotless. we also loved the courtyard it was a great place to relax and have a tea and read the paper. the courtyard is clean with a gazebo and very nice furnishings. it was literally a two minute walk to the casino niagara. the staff was very prompt and courteous and was quick to make sure our room was satisfactory to our needs. i loved it and would recommend this to anyone looking for a good deal thats close to the casino. the rest there has excellent food at fairly good prices.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I went to this hotel with my aunt and her two children aged 8 and 11 for a night away and to go to the water park.
We check in and go to our room (1704 I think). The room reeked of cigarette smoke. This is after we just signed a waiver that the property was entirely smoke free. We asked to be moved and were assigned to room 2005. The room was 2 queen size beds, a fuzzy tv and normal hotel amenities. It seemed fine for the night as we were only going to be sleeping there. We went to the water park and had a nice day with the kids. The water park is good fun. The walkway to the water park was handy as well.
We also ate at the Perkins restaurant twice which is attached to the hotel. The food was great but over priced compared to other Perkins chain restaurants I have been to.
Now, on to the terrible.
My aunt and her two kids were lying on one of the beds watching tv. I crawled in the other bed in my pj's to settle down for the night. I was trying to get comfortable and I felt something sticking into my back. I thought it was a tag on the sheet or something. I flicked on the lamp, it was a Trojan condom wrapper. A used condom wrapper in this supposedly CLEAN bed. We were horrified. The children were traumatized as they didn't understand why I lept out of bed hollering at 11:00 P.M. My aunt called the front desk and they sent two managers up. They both came in the room, inspected the bed, apologized, took the condom wrapper and left. Then a maid came up to replace all the bedding. As she was stripping the bed other stuff starts flying out of the sheets. A package of salt and pepper came out on the floor. We were stunned. What the heck!??!
Anyways, the next morning we went to eat and my aunt went to see the manager about a discount on the room or some type of compensation for the trouble the night before. She was told that they were sorry, this never happened before and maybe if she comes back again they would give her a discount on a room. What a joke for customer service.
If you are going to Niagara Falls with your family, take my advice, head for a better hotel.
They advertise kids movies in the courtyard every night but the courtyard is so cold it was impossible to sit there on the floor and enjoy a movie. You needed your jacket on to walk the halls. I have pictures of the room and everything that happened for reference (email me as I won't be posting it on here because it is not fit).

3 Thank aprillawton
NiagaraFalls
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We stayed on Night in the Skyline Inn and Had a terrific time! Everyone was so friendly, and helpful. The rooms were super clean and spacious. We had a family suite with three large queen size beds and an adjoining room with two queen size beds. Our party consisted of 6 boys and two adults. We loved the fact there were court yards so we weren't confined to our room. The movie in the courtyard was an awesome idea! That was a great surprise for us since we didn't even know that the hotel did that. It was also nice to be able to put the kids to bed and leave the door open and sit in the courtyard and have a coffee. We also appreciated the late check out time of 12:00. Not that the boys slept in but it just allowed for us to go to the water park and come back and have a quick siesta!!

We have stayed at alot of places in Niagara and out of all the hotels we find the Skyline Inn to be the most kid friendly and close to all attractions. We also find it has the best value for our money. We would stay at this hotel a million times over.

Just to mention as well that we do live in Niagara Falls so we could of stayed at home and just went to the water park for the day but by staying in the hotel you get two days in the water park. So if your considering this hotel to stay at take my recomendation and stay here. You'll have a great stay!

• Liked — very spacious rooms and the court yards outside of the rooms
  • Disliked — no microwaves in the rooms
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
here and there
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Stay was great. I called earlier in the week about the bedbugs and was assured they did not have a problem. I had mentioned we were coming for a romantic getaway and requested a quiet room. We were given a king room facing the waterpark that after inspection, had no bedbugs. Our room was extremely clean and newly decorated. It is an older hotel that defintely had a recent facelift. The windows should be replaced (single paned and icy/foggy) and were very cold. We often come to Niagara Falls, so we used the free parking in the casino rather than pay for the parking at the hotel. If you go to the casino and get a players card, you can use it to park for free. We anticipated using the walkway to get to the fallsview complex, including using the pools at the Sheraton and Crowne Plaza Hotels. The walkway only goes to the waterpark. It was an issue since it was very cold and we had chosen the hotel because it advertised the walkway as a way to access the Fallsview complex. Also, if you want to use the other hotel's pools, you need to go to the lobby first to get their key. The crowne plaza has a hot tub and sauna, but the sheraton does not. Other than that, we had a very relaxing time and would come again when it is a little warmer and with the kids for the waterpark!

• Liked — price and it was clean
  • Disliked — walkway is not as advertised
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kcmecker