“Average hotel in a great location”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ontario. Canada
“Average hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 16 October 2009

The hotel was a good base for seeing Niagara Falls. The parking was a real pain to find with their own small area full - and you still had to pay $10/day! The room was large, clean and comfortable. There was no heat in the room although it was 50F outside - "they said it was the air conditioning season" - they did provide a small electric heater when I asked for it. The elevator was exceedingly slow for only 3 floors. The Perkins next door was handy. They messed up on my billing, and charged me for the dinner of the next guest in our room..............after I'd checked out!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank ChrisOntario.Canada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
OnondagaHill
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We stayed here for a 2-night stay (October 11 & 12th) with 3 pre-teen kids. I had 2 rooms. The one room was far larger and was at the end and it included a window to the outside. I enjoyed the room decor, the beds were very comfortable. The pillows were alittle strange, they gave you 3 pillows but they all looked like they were stuffed into a pillow case that was too small. And it felt like that too. Plenty of room to hang your clothes. Plus a dresser with 3-drawers. A refrigerator. Hair dryer. The bathroom was nice. Beautiful tile, and 2-recessed lights, great bathtub with nice shower head and fantastic water pressure. The tile area in shower could use some new grout work. An abundance of clean towels, soap, shampoo, etc. Now if I have to complain about anything it would be the noise from the next room (or perhaps room above) from the faucet and/or shower. It was so loud I couldn't believe it. Then there were tour busses right outside our window (1st floor). You would hear them periodically early in the morning. Now onto my kids room which was in the courtyard area. I disliked this room. When you first walked in it smelled like it was a "smoking" room. It was hot and I couldn't get the A/C to work. The only window in this room is facing the inside courtyard. I found this room very dark and honestly didn't like it at all. The noise level from people walking upstairs was loud. I wasn't impressed with this inner courtyard area. It didn't feel warm and cozy at all. But, all in all this hotel is at a perfect location within walking distance to so much. The walk-way to the waterpark is just one level up. The casino is directly across the street. Plenty of Starbucks around for coffee. There is a Perkins next door (attached to the Skyline Inn). Breakfast was expensive (with tip, close to $80) to give you an idea. We had dinner one night at Hard Rock Cafe. It was ok food. Then one night we ate at the Sheraton's Buffet. This restaurant is on their top floor with a wonderful view of the waterfalls. We enjoyed this very much and the food was decent at the buffet. Our waitress Pat could have been a bit more discreet. We handed her a voucher for a Buy 1/Get 1 Free dinner, which was good if seated by 6:30pm. We got to the restaurant by 6:15. As soon as I handed her the voucher (coupon) she immediately looked at her watch. Which I thought was very unprofessional. There is a duty-free store just one block over, and a beer store 1/2 mile up the road. Plenty of restaurants all within walking distance. Also, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Boston Pizza and Wendy's all within walking distance too.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
tx
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Excellent location! Very quiet. We were able to walk to everything, which saved money in parking! Hotel charges $9/night for underground parking. Not bad. Only issue we had was both nights were there, the fire alarms kept ringing. Probably some foolish kids. Other than that, staff was great! And oh, if you plan to eat at restaurant, plan on spending at least $40, and that's with the discount for staying at hotel. Pretty pricey! Only ate there once, after finding out how expensive it was

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Toronto,Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2009

we stayed in a cold room,cold wind blew in under the door, bathroom was
freezing cold and dirty.
I complained to management and they gave me a 25% discount
on a return visit I would not return. The front lobby looks nice and that is where it stops.
dirty,room smelled. I will not go back. I live in Toornto and go to Niagra Falls alot.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Great hotel family orenented, clean, quite, they have a movie night were we bring out the blankets and pillows and junk food, watch a movie and just talk. The walkway to the fallview waterpark is great. We can change in our room and walk over this is very convienent with small children.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Since this was our first trip to this hotel, it was a bit confuse with some of the coupons. e.g. I thought the restaurant coupon was for the hotel's restaurant but it was for somewhere else. You may consider to seperate the coupons in two groups: one for using inside of the hotel's and one for outside. Just a thought.

Overall, it was great experience and the trip was exceed our expectation. The trip was for the little boy's birthday and we all enjoyed it. We have reserved this place as our regular gateaway place. I have introduced this place to two of our friends already. Thank you all.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Yes...it was probably the best hotel that we have stayed at during the last 7 years of coming to the SPN provincial championships. I would stay there again next year. Location is awesome...it was clean and had recycling bins.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends