“Good Value But Not 5 Star”

Niagara Lodge & Suites
Ranked #110 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 29 April 2014

For $45 for the night I thought it was worth the cheap rate to take a shot at this hotel. I must say I was pleasantly surprised! The room we had was not the cleanest (the floor could use a better vacuum) but otherwise it was much cleaner than others have posted on there. My biggest complaints were that there are limited chanels available on the old television, the hot tub was way too hot to use and the furniture in the rooms are dated. On the other hand, the breakfast was delicious, there is free wi-fi, the pool was decent and the place was very cheap. I would not recommend this place for prices over $100 in season but if you can get it for less than $50 you really can't go wrong. Just remember while you are there that this isn't a 5 star hotel, it's a decent spot to spend in Niagra Falls and you won't be spending all day in the room anyways.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Derek W

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was the worst hotel experience ever. We arrived to a dirty room, only to find the smoke detector missing. We were changed to a different room, which had a plugged toilet, smears of something on the bathroom door, hairs on the bathroom floor, crumbs on the carpet, and dirty pillowcases. At 10:00 the room next doors smoke detector kept going off, but nothing was done. We left at midnight. My 8 yr old was sure the place was going to burn with us in it, and I have to say I wondered the same thing. Just a disgusting place overall. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank BeViking
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here a few nights and would never advise my worst enemy to stay here. Along the bottom of the toilet there was dry pee. There were fruit loops on the floor, crumbs in the bed and the table was broken. There was absolutely no tv channels to speak of. There were cobwebs, the fridge was filthy, the lighting was very poor, they put a stand up lamp in the room but it had a blown light bulb...thanks for that.
Pretty much the worst hotel I've ever been in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms for Valentines Day and got a great price ;) only paid $39 per room. The hotel is outdated but the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and we had a mini fridge and microwave available. It is close to everything you need. We booked it because we had dinner reservations at Mojito House which is close by. Had an amazing night out and hotel was close by for a good sleep. Surprising to have a free breakfast available with bagels, toast, waffles, eggs, sausages, potatoes, juice and coffee. It was so worth it and I would go again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gipsyk
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Upon ariival, the outside of the location through me as i didn't think it was still open. looked as tho it was closed for the winter.
then when i went into the lobby, the smell made me feel sick to my stomache.
Got my key, and had to walk up the stairs because the elevator would not work.
When we got to our floor, the cleaning staff had a cart and bags of garbage infront of our room door.
Went into the room and it was dirty and old. not at all what i had looked at on line. Checked the bed and it was full of bed bugs, i was affraid to take off my shoes as the carpet was filthy! the bathroom had a lamp in it for light, the hot tub was dirty and the plug was jammed into the drain, unuseable!!!!
i travel across canada on a regular basis and this is by far the worst dump i have ever seen!!!!!
i told the staff about the issues and he did nothing to attempt to correct any of the faults and would not give me back my money!!!!!!! Typical i guess!!!!! We left and stayed in another location that was cleaner and offered better services for a cheaper price.
i would NOT even advise my worst enemy to stay in this Dump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nat T
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I love coming here with my family and friends! Everyone is always impressed with the excellent (free) breakfast and the pool. I have stayed at other places and paid much more for a lot less. One thing is it seem the hot tub is always too hot. But the pool is amazing. It is a good size, has stairs to get in and is deep enough to actually swim in. The rooms seem to have been recently updated and were clean and quiet. The staff are friendly and try their best to accomodate everyone. I will be back!!
1 thing is the side door could use to be fixed becuase it was darn cold standing there trying to get the door open and the card won't work. We had to take cold stairs outside to get access to our room.

Room Tip: I always try to get close to the pool because not all the rooms have an indoor walkway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leane G
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Not a classy hotel but the room was nice enough with a mini fridge and microwave. The indoor pool and hot tub were great for the winter. Best of all was the free hot breakfast including eggs, sausages and hash browns. No, best of all was the price, soooo cheap to go in the winter/ off season.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DAVIDCOLLINGS7
rajansuites, Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments...