“Bad place to stay”

Niagara Lodge & Suites
Ranked #108 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Bad place to stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Worst place ever to stay in Niagara Falls, rooms are filthy, smells like cigar and dirty carpet. Bathrooms are moldy and disgusting. Frigde and microwave looks like they never get clean. Personal very rude.
I got a asma attack witin 5 minutes inside the room, ask for a new room and was even more dirty than the first one.
He didn't want to return the money, and also was more expensive by the time we got there than when we use booking.com, after a longe argument he returned part of the money but we lost close to $300 on at 3 days stay that we cancel.
Stay else where is not worth the money they ask and stress you will get with personal working there.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eduardo S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

One of the dirtiest place I ever see in my life, staff was horrible.
They charge you more when you get there, smells like cigar and I dirty carpet.
Don't stay there.
When we got there we asked to change room because the smell and filth, by the time we where getting to the other room the lady was leaving with an air freshener spray from the room they gave us to mask the smell but the dirty bathroom and bed was unbelievable to understand, the frigde was old and disgusting.
And with all of this we cancel our stay of 3 days, they charged $432.00.
They only returned $200.00 from our money.
Worst place ever.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andreza B
Jessup, Maryland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is the most dirty place I ever seen. I book my stay from July 3, 2014 to July 6, 2014. I could not stay there one night. They change my room 3 times and all 3 rooms were unclean. The floor were dirty, the sheets smell so dad, the bathroom was so dirty (I have seen public restroom cleaner than this bathroom). I went and find another hotel to stay. PLEASE, PLEASE, do not book this hotel; this hotel should be shut down by public health department. The hotel looks nothing like the photos online.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay at or sleep in your car!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kereen2014
London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked on line and was completely disgusted when we got there!! The room was so dirty and outdated!! The pillows had stains including blood on them!! Bathroom was dirty!! While we were out eating dinner, someone came in our room and sprayed air freshener!! Garbage bags sitting outside the room, one had dirty towels coming out of it!! We ended up checking out 2 hours after arriving and finding another hotel!! Beware, do not stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2014
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked this online and were not even able to pull in to the parking lot due to the gangs of people partying (drinking, drugs, loud music). We expressed concern to the front desk and they "assured" us that our section of the hotel would be quiet. I almost vomited due to the smell when I got off the elevator...the room was disgusting...I would not even allow our children to use the washroom. We left immediately...not only would the front desk not give a refund, they would not even sign anything to say that the keys were returned and we did not stay. The staff was so rude! Hotels.com was fantastic in giving us a full refund!

PS The rating is actually lower...only clicked because it was required to post!

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms here...run...there are plenty of nice hotels in the Falls...this is not one...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel: we checked into room 237. It was clean. Bed was a little hard and the pillows flat but ok. Unfortunately there was a Seria festival with many college aged partiers with very load music and drinking. The outdoor pool was unusable to us with our 4 year old due to the partiers had taken over. We did use the indoor pool. We had to pretty much stay in our room the entire night due to the craziness. Kudos to the hotel for supplying security but wish we would have know prior to check in that the party was happening. Upon awakening this am there were partiers sleeping in the indoor pool area, sludge as if someone threw up in the pool and people sleeping in their cars...the outdoor pool had trash all over it, clothes and beer cans in the pool, cigaretts all over..not the safest or the cleanest place to have my child. Due to that fact probably won't stay again. Overall the hotel was decent with a great price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My dealing with the Property were so bad, I never actually stayed at this hotel. The reservation experience was brutal and I got the impression the Property was doing everything possible to make sure I cancelled my reservation. My daily rate was extremely good for a long weekend, my feeling is they wanted to bounce me to get a better room rate from some other sucker. The hotel manager has a nerve to hang up on me when I made inquiries about my reservation. BE AWARE !!!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
rajansuites, Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear sir/Madam,
Niagara Lodge & suites's staff is apologizing for the experience that you have faced. But unfortunately if we not stayed at hotel, how could we say the hotel is bad. Our are clean and free hot breakfast, wifi, parking everything is included in your price. All the repeating customers we have their experience says that i.e value of money. So again we apologizing if you felt anything bad about property. We definitely improve ourself . Looking forward to serve you in future.
Thank you.