“Another winner if your a Choice privileges member!”

Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Grove City
“Another winner if your a Choice privileges member!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel does have some issues. The first night was wonderful. Quite, comfortable, no problems. They have an onsite restaurant, an IHOP. Food in Canada is expensive and the IHOP takes it too another extreme. Meals that cost 8 to 9 bucks in the states are 14 plus in Canada IHOP's. However, the hotel gave us $10 coupons to use at their onsite restaurant. We stayed the 16th and 17th of May and got a coupon for each night. Not bad. The hotel itself does not provide a breakfast. The indoor pool looked fine, but we did not use it.
The second night there was not as restful as we had some inconsiderate travelers in the room next to us. They were playing music extremely loud. I called the front desk around 1 am and to their credit they knocked on their door and got them to turn down the noise. I am sure my fellow travelers know what happened next. An hour later the noise was just as loud. We turned on the fan to gain some background noise and eventually fell to sleep. All things considered the room was an outstanding value because the points to stay there was only 6000, and if you are a choice privileges member, you know this is the least amount of points it takes to secure a room with this chain. The rate for this time of year is $63 and this hotel is worth that, for sure. It is a long walk to the falls, but with the new WEGO bus service that Niagara provides, you don't have to drive your car to enjoy the livelier areas of Clifton Hills and all the nearby attractions. The 2 day pass for the bus is $7 Canadian and the bus stops less than a block down the street from the hotel. Also nearby is the fling saucer restaurant which serves down home food for a great price considering you are in Canada. I highly recommend this hotel when in Niagara falls.

Room Tip: I was in room 4124 which was near the front of the hotel, but the traffic noise was nonexistent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weasels2
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hello and thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us.
We are happy our hotel was up to your standards and overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am sorry on our behalf that the guests in the next room didn't show you and other respect at such a late hour and thank you for advising us of your concern while we were able to try and put a stop to the noise.

Thank you again for writing your rewiew and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The building was rather clean but the stench of the smoking on the non­smoking floors was just too strong for me. It seemed like an old­fashioned hotel. From the time I was there, I saw one maid, who never came to my room. A special part of the hotel is that IHOP is connected to the building so you get a discount if you stay at the hotel. But with the discount, the cost is still a bit pricey.
For 3 days and 2 nights, in a 3rd Floor QQ N/S Room the price is $65.50 which is really cheap.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 2nd Floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maximus R
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello and thank you for writing your review. Our 3rd floor is a 100% Non Smoking however sometimes guests do not respect this and smoke in their room and until after check out it is very hard to pin point where the smoke was coming from. I am sorry for this and for your knowledge we do bill a $200.00 fee for extra clean when this happens (rare but it does)
As far as the Ihop we are now offering $10.00 vouchers per bill instead of the 10% off.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you return in the future.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

very nice and budget friendly hotel in niagara falls canada, i was very impressed with IHOP restaurant right beside the hotel. and next door there is a outlet shopping mall. very ease access to niagara falls too.

Room Tip: high floor rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write your review on our hotel!

I am glad you were happy with our hotel and the services we have on site.
We hope next time your visiting this way to see you back with us again.

Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane Management and Staff
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Look, if you are going to compare this place with other Comfort Inns, you ain't being fair; for a safe, parking included space which allows for easy access to the Falls, IHOP and an outlet mall, you cannot go wrong. Its a standard setup and they've got deals. The gym is useless. I mean it works. But wow is the equipment from the age of Adam. Wifi is good though. Overall..if you get a good deal...you are safe. And hey....IHOP connects to this place. I rest my case.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ali A
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and expressing your view while staying with us.

I see overall you were happy with your visit which shows me and the staff we are doing a good job which we all try to do. As your title says NO SURPRISES at our hotel and no added fees etc and for the price we charge we still provide a clean, safe hotel where everything works and all our guests get good value. I am not sure if you signed up for our emailer while staying with us to get some great in house offers. If not check out our website and send us your email we would like to have you stay with us again and offer you the best price we can.

Thank you again for your great comment !

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I loved that parking was free, there was hottub/swimming pool, 1 min walk literally from an outlet mall, a lot of shops and places to eat nearby and even walking distance. Front desk was very kind, welcoming, and friendly. Rooms were nice, clean, spacious, and beds were comfortable for me. We only paid $52 per night, which was a good deal for how much I liked this hotel!

It's about a 10 min drive or so to Niagara Falls/Cliffton Hills, so if you aren't planning on driving, that would be a downer because it can be tricky. Also, I don't know if I was blind but I couldn't find their gym. Also, their hottub seeemed to have scalding water as opposed to hot water it felt! I couldn't use it. And I was a little bummed out they couldn't help us print out one sheet of paper we needed, even though I was staring at their huge printer right at the front desk, lol. Told us to go to Staples.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank V L
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts on our hotel and the services we provided.

I see overall you were happy with our hotel! (Thank you for the positive post)

I also see a few things you wondered about. Our fitness centre is in the lower section of the hotel and is open daily 6am until 11pm. Next time you visit us have one of the desk staff direct you to it. We are about 3 kms from the falls district however there is a city ran WEGO shuttle that passes right buy the hotel and runs everyday! leave the car is our free parking lot right at the hotel and hop on the shuttle and see Niagara without driving.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you next time your in Niagara!

Comfort Inn Staff and Mgnt
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We booked a room here last minute when we decided to take a trip to Canada. This hotel was a great value that I don't feel like I compromised on at all. The hotel is a bit away from the falls, but it is close to some outlets. Our room was clean and large. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello and thank you for the amazing review.

I am happy your stay with us was a good one and we were able to make your visit to Niagara a pleasant one. We would really like to see you stay with us again when visiting Niagara and when your planning a trip call me directly and I would like to help you make a return booking.

John McIntyre
Norwood, MA
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel was a bit away from the Falls, but that was not a big deal. It was very comfortable inside, as it was very cold outside. (We went between Christmas and New Years.) The rooms were clean. The front desk attendants were not the friendliest, but not rude either. We did use the IHOP for breakfast, but did not receive a discount. The food was tasty and the waitress was very friendly and helpful with local news. It was a good value and the drive to the Falls was short enough and we found parking easily (although you had to pay).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hmb01
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review for us!

I see overall you were happy with our hotel and I am glad we made your stay a good one.
There is a city shuttle called WEGO that runs right by our hotel and brings you to all the major attractions in the city. Pehaps next time you stay with us we can help you use this service.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane Staff and Mgnt