“Would stay again”

Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 30 October 2009

After reading some of the recent reviews, I was a bit hesitant about booking this hotel. But I needn't have worried. Everything was fine. When we first checked in (two hours early) the lady was a bit brusque when she told me that it was too early. But when I persevered and asked if by chance the room was ready, she checked and became very friendly. The room was ready and we were able to drop off our stuff before heading out for the day. We were in the front building and it was very nice. The lobby was impressive, the rooms ordinary (spacious with standard hotel room furniture - no fridge or microwave), the pool was warm and the hot tub was a bit hotter than I like. The place was so quiet - we never heard any sounds in the night at all (of course we were not near the elevator - I would request a room away from the elevator as I suspect that those rooms would be noisier. Although the hotel was almost full that night, there were next to no kids there, so perhaps that made for a quieter night? ( I imagine when hockey season starts, the hockey tournament crowd will gravitate to this hotel due to the pool and the cheap prices) But we loved our stay here and will definitely return. I would not hesitate to refer it to others. The only thing that would make it better is if it had a free breakfast. But there are lots of places on Lundy's Lane where you can get a cheap breakfast. And there is an IHOP on site if you want a closer and more expensive spot to eat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BJPToronto_Canada

Reviewed 27 September 2009

Stayed in the older building in the back as part of a group. It was clean and comfortable but not luxurious by any means. The new building closer to the street seems MUCH nicer -- at least based on what I saw on trips to the ice machine. Couldn't get Internet access from my room and didn't try in the new building.

The staff was very friendly. On-site restaurant is IHOP.

The place was PACKED on Saturday night. I don't know what was up (something with the discount mall next door?) but it was quite a change from Friday night.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I can't remember ever staying at a hotel where the staff was more rude and ignorant. They acted as if they were doing me a favor by allowing me to stay there. The overflow parking was in a lot owned by the outlet mall next door. The security people there acted more like prison guards than security personnel. They seemed to not understand that people registered at the hotel were allowed to park in their lot. The front desk people were no help whatsoever.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank uglyphd
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I booked this hotel after viewing the details online. I purposely booked this hotel for the convenience of having a continental breakfast. When I checked in I inquired about the breakfast and they told me that they didn't have one and that it shouldn't have been advertised as such online. There was an IHOP next door aind coupons or a deal should have been given to guests at the hotel. The pool was cold, and the hot tub had a cover on it. The front check in staff was a bit snobby.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2008

In a nutshell, wouldn't recommend staying here. To be honest, the hotel rooms were clean and decent sized but after that, I have nothing nice to say about the place! First off, it's further from the sites than what's advertised both on their website and through Expedia which is how I booked the hotel. Second, there is NO free shuttle as had been advertised. Instead, we had to pay for a shuttle that, honestly was a fair price but with the hotel being SO far away that it cost us $25 for a cab from the train station, PLUS the daily shuttle passes, we didn't save anything by booking here. We would have been much better getting something a bit more money but closer/convenient to the Falls. Finally, the breakfast was the WORST I've ever seen so far in a hotel! It was located in the basement LITERALLY, had the bare minimum to eat and the food was dry. Quite depressing. Wouldn't recommend it but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2008

After reading not so great reviews about this hotel, we were a bit nervous upon booking. We made sure our rooms were booked in the "front hotel area". We stayed at the Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane with a sports group. It was clean, the staff was friendly & the breakfast was great. The location was nice because it was just off the highway & just a bit out of the "downtown" craziness of Clifton Hill ( only a 5 min drive). The kids loved the pool area & hot tub. Many of our families loved the fact that we could walk over to the outlet mall. Our team also all walked next door to a great restaurant & had a great meal together. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Niagara Falls & not wanting to stay right amidst the "touristy" Clifton Hill. Great Hotel,Great Value, Nice & Cleanl!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Fvhalfc
Reviewed 1 February 2008

We stayed here in January as part of a sports group. When we checked out were in a hurry to get to sports event. Within a couple of hours my daughter realized she had left a watch and necklace (not a cheap one) on the bathroom counter. No problem...we called the hotel instantly and asked. Front desk clerk just said, no, housekeeping hasn't turned anything in. So we looked through all our luggage - not there. Another call to hotel, front desk clerk again abruptly says no. At this point, she should have at least called housekeeping (in case it was just on their cart and not recorded yet or for them to have another look in room before it had new guests in it.) We had friends returning to hotel that night for a 2nd night and she also inquired.
I tried to call the manager the next day to pursue and was told he wasn't in and they didn't know when he would be. We really just wanted to recover the jewellery at this point and figured it was there but just hadn't made it's way to front desk yet. When manager not available I contacted Customer Service at Choice Hotels who intervened to investigate. After a few emails and them telling me the jewellery was not found I then went to their "100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE" as posted on their website. It states if you are not 100% satisfied with your accomodation or the service and you give the hotel every opportunity to make it right they will refund you your nights stay. They would not honor this guarantee. Eventually the manager of the hotel called me...WOW...that was quite an experience...he was rude, be-littling, yelled at me and turned everything I said around...accusing me of accusing his staff of theft (I had given every opportunity to just recover the jewellery with no mention of theft) and that I was just after the money. I tried to explain that we wanted the jewellery back but if it had not been found then at least the money from their own guarantee could go towards replacing it. The manager even acknowledged to me that the front desk clerk made a mistake and should have looked into it further when we first called or at least when we called the 2nd time. After hanging up from this call shaking because he upset me so much I again emailed customer service. They refuse to refund me the nights stay even though their own policy states (and they quoted it in their email to me) that if you are not happy with your accomodation or SERVICE and you tell them and give them the opportunity to fix the issue.
Here is the service issues I was not happy with:
1. Front desk clerk did not respond correctly with initial and 2nd phone call which was done immediately to go to room and look for jewellery or have housekeeping look.
2. We know the jewellery was left on the bathroom counter...3 people saw it there...so Housekeeping did not clean the room in a manner to which they found something left behind in an open place and turn it in and log it as lost and found according to their own policy (which they told me was their policy)
3. The manager of the hotel was rude and abusive to me on the phone.
There are three instances of bad service, all of which I gave them the opportunity to fix and they didn't. So Choice hotels 100% guarantee policy is not really there...they will skirt around it.
I suggested they remove it from their website if they will not honor it. Do not stay at this hotel. We realize the initial mistake was ours in leaving something behind...but what followed was so unnecessary and ridiculous. It should have been an easy fix with our first phone call. If front desk clerk had of gone up to room at that time and looked, I'm sure it would have been sitting there. What happened to it???? Who knows? but it was left there, we don't have it and Choice Hotels has a rude manager and will not honour their own guarantee policy.

• Stayed: January 2008