“Excellent staff, in a comfortable hotel with a perfect locale”

Rodeway Inn Fallsview
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This' a small hotel/motel, with both older and newer rooms. I've stayed here 4-times now, and each time, the staff has always been above par, and my stay comfortable. The newer front rooms, are all glass fronts, with excellent views of the opposing, lit-up hotels/casino. These rooms are my #1 choice, unless you're a smoker, then you have to go to the "older" section.

I say "older," as the decor is a tad dated, but the rooms are equally as comfortable. There are refrigerators, java makers, blow dryers, and ironing boards in each room, and a convenient microwave located just past the front desk area. In between the section is a small restaurant, which I believe is only open for breakfast.

As for this restaurant, I HIGHLY recommend eating breakfast on-site...restaurant prices in Niagara for breakfast are outrageous. (This includes the notable breakfast-all-day chains, whose prices are majorly inflated!!!) Here, you get almost anything one could want for breakfast, and at a price NO ONE can match! I believe for four of us, we had breakfast for $18.00 total!!

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for a solo to a family stay. For the price, you just can't beat this place. Oh! and in the summer, there's even a swimming pool for the kiddies:)

Room Tip: All non-smokers should request an all, glass-front room. Also, eat breakfast on-site; compared to th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank LizBRS
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Fallsview

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed here again this winter on a trip to Boston. (This is my halfway stop) The staff are always pleasant and the lobby is a welcome site! A simple walk to the falls and other attractions and really this can be your headquarterws for a falls visit, either side of the water!
The room is a bit dated but is always clean and thats what counts right? I mean, you didnt come all the way here to just sleep! if they keep doing it right, i will keep staying here!!!

Room Tip: i always ask for a parking lot view... safety first!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mildred O
Reviewed 27 January 2013

So this is a great Niagara falls value motel. We've stayed here twice and have been pleased both times. Yes the rooms are dated... my only complaint this time was the strong potpourri smell, hopefully not but most likely masking something... But the rooms are a good size and for 4 adults it was a great time. I wouldn't exactly call in fallsview but it's only 5 minute walk to the casino and 10 minutes to the falls. The Pizza place next door is delicious and also offers gluten free pizza! The front desk lady was really friendly. When we want to head to Niagara on a budget we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hawthorn54
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I Stayed here when I went to the Falls a few years ago, it was nearing the end of summer. We had originally reserved 2 rooms for 6 people, but upon our arrival the front desk attendant asked if we would like to stay in the same room with a roll away bed, that was a great idea, and stretched out our budget. The room was comfy, and great service. The Pizza at the was also great. All in all, if your looking to stretch your dollar and don't mind a little bit of outdated decor, this is your place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Room : 3/5 – Clean and comfy but could do with a safe in the room, small fridge and stationery. Then again, this is the first North American hotel I’ve stayed at and so I have nothing to compare it against.
Location : 2/5 – Not bang in the middle of the action but is within walking distance and have bus stops close by if you can bothered waiting for buses.
Service : 4/5 – I didn’t have much interaction but from the little that I had, the staff were helpful and friendly.
Value : 3/5 – I think it’s not bad. It’s only drawback is it’s location (about 10 minutes walk to the casino and about 20 minutes walk to falls) but I didn’t mind it.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Emmy_femmy
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Recently traveled to Niagara Falls with my wife and daughter and stumbled upon the Rodeway Inn Fallsview. Great location, reasonable price and parking was only 10$ (much less than the other hotels on the strip). We stayed in a room with two queen size beds which was clean, large and had free wi-fi.Front desk staff were friendly and they had a great little italian restaurant on site. My daughter was a little disappointed as the pool was closed (it's outdoor) but other than that I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: there is no elevator so if you have hard time doing stairs request a 1st floor room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Spent one night in Rodeway Inn for the close proximity to Dragonfly Club. We ordered take out from the nearby restaurant and ate it in our room. We placed all the garbage in a plastic bag on the floor before leaving for the club. When we returned and got ready for bed, we heard a noise coming from the plastic bag. My boyfriend thought it was just the garbage expanding in the bag making the noise so to ease my mind, he picked the bag up and placed it on the desk. It was quiet for awhile before i heard the noise again. I turned on the lights and saw a mouse climbing down a cable along the wall. I literally froze and could not believe my eyes. The mouse ran across the floor and climbed onto the bed beside us (we had 2 beds). My boyfriend called reception and they moved us to a new room right away about 3 doors down, mind you this was at 4 in the morning. The next morning, they gave us a rebate of $50 US when we paid $70CDN for the room. I appreciate the quick effort and rebate but a mouse in the room is unacceptable. I would not return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adubsss
Rodeway_Fallsview, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear guest, I completely understand your concern with this situation. I can also tell you that this is the first time I've heard of such an issue being reported. Hotel staff was not able to find anything but a professional company has been contracted to investigate the matter. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us.