“We'll be back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“We'll be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The customer service at this hotel/motel is phenomenal. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. They will tell you the ins and outs of the tourist attractions. They even booked our dinner reservations for us. The cost of the room is budget friendly considering the fallsview area. The falls are just a short block away. The rooms are large, spacious and clean. The breakfast house on the property is very inexpensive and serves a very good but basic menu. The television had limited channels but we were too busy to watch tv. We will definitely be back if we visit the area again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank RoseRoseRose360

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Romulus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

So, I guess I ended up in the older portion of this motel I had read about in previous reviews. That, in itself, is not so bad. It's older- whatever. First, the "ok". The desk staff was very helpful explaining the ins-and-outs of the very touristy falls and offered recommendations when asked. Everyone we dealt with was very polite. The queen room was spacious enough. The breakfast room was alright if you were looking for a quick bite. The "low prices" only applied to the light eaters. If you had a regular sized breakfast you ended up paying the same as the buffet across the street. Now, the "not ok". Advertised heated pool- no. Very limited channels on a pretty dated TV. Housekeeping was questionable- we kept track of the same supposedly replaced glasses and coffee cups for the three days we were there. It was obvious they were only being wiped off, then being placed back on the tray and/or coffee basket. Disgusting! I've seen stories on television about hotels/motels who did this, but had never been able to catch it til now. From now on, make sure to ask for the plastic wrapped individual cups anywhere you stay. I did bring this to the attention of the lady at the front desk upon checkout and she seemed to rush me out and brush the matter aside. If housekeeping is doing this, what other shortcuts are they taking? Overall, I slept comfortably, had plenty of space and no bugs. Which work out ok. Hopefully the housekeeping issue can be resolved and maybe a few updates can be added in order to bring up the ratings here. The value for the dollar is there, but the nasty cup situation cannot be forgiven. (How many people had drank out of the same glasses before we noticed? Eww.)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa282
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in July at this motel. It was very clean, well kept, nice size room. The receptionist, Amy, was especially pleasant and very helpful. She answered any questions we had. We have been to Niagara Falls many times before but not recently. Ask Amy about the WEGO or buy the attraction package which includes two free days of WEGO. We were able to leave our car in the motel parking lot for most of the 3 days. There is a $10 day charge for parking but everywhere in Niagara Falls seems to charge for parking so this was not unusual. It is easy to walk to the falls using the incline railway or just via the streets. It is only 3 or 4 blocks. As seniors, we were glad to have the use of WEGO buses. There is an outdoor pool. We did not use it but others seemed to be enjoying it. It is situated in the sun but since it hasn't been that warm up to now that seemed like a good thing as it would be warming up the water. The room had plenty of towels, a good shower, plenty of bedding and pillows. Our only negative would be that our room was on the 2nd floor and we had to use the stairs quite a bit and my husband was having difficulty with that. However, that was my fault for not thinking to ask about a ground floor room as they would have accommodated us if they had known. Air conditioner worked well, was not noisy and did not blow air onto the bed which is a pet peeve of my husbands. We would definitely stay there again. Almost forgot about breakfast....we ate there two mornings and both times it was a very good breakfast. And terrific coffee! Choose from a menu. Prices range from just over $1 up to about $6.00 so it is in anybody's price range. Server had been there for years and was also a good source of info about the area.

Room Tip: We were in the outdoor part of the motel which had two levels. Choose bottom floor if you have diff...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paddy2216
VERONA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

disappointed that my room was more expensive than what I booked. Even though it is a great place to stay, very clean motel, nice size rooms that are clean, sink inside of bathroom and outside of bathroom is a great benefit, close to the falls, friendly staff. We love staying here but was disappointed that I booked the room for 4 nights for 354.94 and when I checked out bill was 447.72, I questioned the clerk and told her it was higher than what I booked, she said that she was sorry but that is how much the room was so I checked out. When I got to my car I found my reservation I took with me and went in to show her, she printed out my charges and we found that they double charged me for parking which she credited me back 46.40, still a little higher than what I booked. Found that she charged me 10 a night for parking and my reservation said it was 5 dollars a night and I showed her my reservation, she said she was sorry but charges was 10 dollars a night now and she was sorry that the room was higher than expected but that was all she could do. I would have gave this motel a top rating had my charges been what my reservations said, but I feel ripped off that charges did not match reservation quote. If you book a room at a price, that is what you should pay when you get there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RandyHodge
Coram, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while in Niagara Falls based on the reviews we read. We were not disappointed! Easily one of the best values I've ever had when travelling. The price of the hotel was so cheap left me wondering: "What am I missing?". The answer was nothing! The hotel is not right next to the falls but damn close. Its about a three minute walk across the street and down the block. There is a decent pizza joint that shares the same parking lot with the hotel. The casino and everything else is no more than a 15 minute walk away. You would be an idiot to stay anywhere else unless you need luxury. This place is not that. But it is clean and in great shape and the price just can't be beat for its location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alcool17
Markham, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I like to attend a handful of shows at Fallsview Casino every year, and over the last few years this hotel has become our go-to choice for clean, comfortable and conveniently located accommodations that won't break the budget. The management team here are very proud of their little hotel, as is the entire staff, and they all do whatever they can to make you feel welcome and to ensure that your stay is a good one. Rooms are spacious and nicely finished for this price class, and always clean with all the usual amenities (coffee maker, bath products, free wifi, etc.) The hotel is a very short walk to the Fallsview Casino and close to many fine restaurants as well. If you're in the mood for Italian food, especially pizza, Zappi's restaurant is adjacent to the hotel and provides all of that very well at a fair price. While there is no free breakfast at the hotel, you can get a good, inexpensive meal to start your day at Tattler's on the hotel property. We will definitely be back here on future trips to the Falls.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjt328
Oak Ridge, Tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Pros: A spacious bathroom but only a standard, low flow shower head. There is plenty of room with a king size bed, and they have a desk useful for your laptop.

Cons: Terrible wifi service, I only had two good hours of wifi in the morning just before I checked out. Whether or not this was related to their service provider, I'm not sure. The wifi strength was good but connectivity.
No breakfast is included, but you are given recommendations of the in-hotel restaurant or an associated restaurant located in their parking lot.

The room was clean, the bathroom lights were good and bright (you know how some have gone to low wattage bulbs and you can barely see), and the heat/AC worked well and kept the room comfortable.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you, you might want to check the signal and connectivity before checking in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo