“Getaway for the Holiday”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We were very happy with the Sheraton on the Falls staff and our room. We had an excellent view of the American Falls but the trees blocked most of the Canadian side. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance except the Skylon Tower for dinner. Took a cab which was inexpensive. I am planning on returning with our children in the summer of 2014 for them to experience the natural beauty of the falls.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (7,281)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I made the reservation online through hotel.com, however the reception didn't find it. Luckily, only us at the reception, the staff wasn't helpful. Only told us there isn't any record, even we gave the email confirmation to her. She tried to contact the staff of the website. No one answered. The staff wasn't friendly. We stood at the front desk around 20 mins. We really felt helpless. Suddenly, she talked someone on the phone. She requested our personal info and helped us to check in without any explanation. We didn't know what happened but our trip started in bad experience. When we went to our room, there isn't any tooth paste and slippers for us. Because when cleaned up, the staff forgot to place them. It's really my first time in this situation at this grade of hotel. My conclusion is very disappointed with this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shadowso
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Beautiful intimate setting and the fireplace just set it off. Very restful setting and the balcony door opened even though there was no real balcony but you could get some fresh air. It was rainy and cloudy when we arrived but the ambiance was terrific.

Room Tip: All rooms face the fall so unless you have a floor preference just relax and enjoy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The location was perfect. Short and pleasant walk to the falls and the waterpark was great fun! The staff was friendly and attentive. The front desk upgraded us and placed us in a room that overlooked the falls so my children could watch the fireworks. I forgot my cell phone charger in my vehicle and valet went to my car, got the charger and brought it to my room! Tremendous customer attention. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when we visit again!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank kteedid
Reviewed 9 December 2013

While traveling to Toronto on the evening of 11/30 i decided to spend a night at the sheraton on the falls with my wife and children who have never visited Niagara. Being their first trip i deliberately booked the Sheraton and paid an additional amount for an upgraded falls view room in the knowledge that my SPG status would see me given an upgrade on arrival.

Check in was interesting to say the least, porter was scruffy and very uninterested and was more concerned about a tip that anything else. When i arrived at treception i noticed that guests on both sides of me were upgraded at extra cost so felt quite excited to see what a nice room we would have so my family could enjoy their first visit to the falls. Forget SPG status upgrades, the check in staff dont even know what a gold members is !

Our room was on the 5th floor (not even an SPG member floor).The floor had a lot of teenagers who decided to have a party in the late evening and were running in between rooms outside our door. I rang security on two occasions and the noise did not quiet down until 2.30 am.

This property is old, run down and overpriced, the service is appawling and they dont deserve a five star hotel rating

Room Tip: avoid the old floors
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank aussieabroad2505
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stay in Niagara Falls over several nights each autumn and for single nights several times a year. I am well on my way to having tried every hotel in Niagara Falls Canada. The one I keep coming back to is the Sheraton on the Falls.

This September 23-27 2013 we enjoyed a generous upgrade to a Canadian Falls Corner Suite. The room is a good size with a full view of the falls and of Clifton hill. It features a corner balcony overlooking the falls and of course the glass shower with a falls view.

I am a very picky person. I designed my house to my specifications and have personally selected everything in it to my own tastes. So when I arrive at ANY hotel I have a bad habit of griping to myself about every little detail. I find dust and smudges. I tear apart the bed as soon as I arrive to check it over. I KNOW if the floor wasn't vacuumed between guests. Nothing is ever as nice as at home.

My young travel companion however, is used to me doing this and had this to say to me: "The Sheraton did not build this hotel specifically for YOU Mom. And let me ask you this- can you see Niagara Falls perfectly from our house? (No) Is there a Starbucks in our house? (Now I want one) Is there a water park in our house? (Nope) Is there room service in our house? (Well yes, but I'm the one doing it so...)" And so on.

And she is right. This is the thing about the Sheraton on the Falls that makes it better than all the other Niagara Falls Canada hotels we have been to. You cannot beat the location. The Crowne Plaza next door is a beautiful historic building but that's why they can't compete with the views available in the all-glass Sheraton. The Sheraton is in a complex that makes it an indoor walk to the Fallsview water park, multiple restaurants, a small amusement area and lounge, shops and of course Starbucks and the comfortable lobby.

Outside the hotel you are at the foot of Clifton Hill and literally AT the beautiful parks of the Niagara walkway. Main falls attractions are less than two minutes of leisurely walking from the hotel. The Maid of the mist is close to the doorstep and you can watch it come and go all day from any falls view room.

The staff at the Sheraton on the Falls are exceptionally courteous and this has been the case every time we have visited. I have never encountered a staff member (maintenance, housekeeping, desk etc) who did not pleasantly greet us even just in passing. We ordered food from room service several times and it was excellent and delivered hot. Housekeeping is reliable and follow the instructions you post for cleaning times. In the past the hotel made right on an issue with a room that we didn't even complain about.

This hotel is second to none for views and location. If there is a hotel whose amenities trump what the Sheraton on the Falls has to offer in terms of location and service, I have yet to find it.

NOTE: There is also a Fallsview Sheraton. It is NOT the same hotel- don't get them confused when you book.

Room Tip: All fallsview rooms have a floor to ceiling view. Corner suites have large views on two sides but se...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 5 December 2013

You must be somewhat cautious in booking a hotel in Niagara Falls. The area in Canada called Fallsview by the Hilton casino, has no real view of the falls. If you want a romantic stay which you can actually SEE both falls from you room, this is the place. Service is good, rooms are comfortable. Make sure you book the falls side not the city view. If you are bringing the kids, I would fined a less expensive location, after 5 minutes of kids looking at the falls, they are bored. I guess that's why they put in a water "park". Great location for walking around the Clifton Hill area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple