“Very comfortable, but not sure the extra money spent is necessary”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Very comfortable, but not sure the extra money spent is necessary”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Hotel is nice and what you would expect from a Sheraton including the rooms and the service. It's also conveniently attached to many restaurants as well as the casino so if you visit during the winter months this is a huge plus. The one thing I would say is that we stayed in a fallsview room with a king size bed and from far away the falls seemed so small. The view certainly didn't do the real thing justice. It almost bothered me that this was the first sighting we had because it started as a bit of disappointment until we got closer to falls to see how great they really are.

For the same price you could pay less at another hotel nearby because other hotels in the area have rooms that are great and less expensive, they just might not have the view that was underwhelming anyway.

Also if you have a car at the Sheraton you have to pay for it and then park in a lot down the street. It's confusing when you first arrive to understand where to go and how to walk back to the hotel once you park. However, if your heart is set on seeing the falls or being connected to the casino then you certainly don't have anything to worry about. The hotel is very nice :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank etk37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,083)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was very impressed with the views at this hotel. That alone was worth the trip. The staff was very friendly. The room was truly incredible. That view from our room was a wonderful experience. The room was also very nice and comfortable. The bed was truly comfortable. I hope to return to this hotel in the future!

3 Thank morlev
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

From the initial check in process to our last moments in the Sheraton on the Falls it was fabulous. Our room was amazing and kept immaculate by Joy our maid for the week. We upgraded to a Falls View room and it is well worth the extra as the views are amazing. The hotel is excellently run and everyone of the staff are always smiling and willing to help whatever your question or time of day. The staff take a genuine interest in their guests.
The food was of excellent quality and plenty of it, we only visited the Fallsview restaurant so I cannot comment about the other restaurants. We attended the New Years Eve Gala evening and it was a great night the buffet was out of this world and the atmosphere everything you wish for on New Years Eve !! One of managers even wished me Happy Birthday - he had overheard my husband telling the bartender the reason for our visit these little things put the Sheraton on the Falls on a pedestal above other hotels.
Every area of the hotel was spotlessly clean, our room was always made up quickly and to an excellent standard, the room had a door we could open and look at the view of the American and Horseshoe falls the view is breath taking!! The hotel has access to the Casino which is great fun and lots for children to do if they come along on the holiday.
I can only thank all of the management and staff for their level of commitment to their guests, the standard that they keep their hotel and the welcome that they provide every moment we will treasure it was an amazing New Years holiday in Niagara Falls!

Room Tip: pay the extra for a Falls View room we only had the superior fallsview and that was fabulous we were...
2 Thank Karen P
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed for 4 nights on the 21st floor facing the falls. The view was spectacular. We could slide open our door and step outside . It was wonderful. The people at the hotel were very nice, We had gotten a Groupon deal and received all kinds of perks. The hotel is connected to several restaruants and the casino, so we didnt even have to leave the building on the rainy day. I
would recommend this hotel to anyone. It costs a little more, but it was a wonderful gift to us!

Room Tip: Ask for the Falls view room on the 20th to 23rd floors. Beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

From the employee who complimented my charming girlfriend on her faux fur winter coat
while we were waiting in line to check in, and who I noticed was going around talking to
other guests. To the guy who checked us in. To the chambermaid who, as we were walking to
our room asked us if we needed anything to let her know. To the hostess at the
Fallsview Restaurant who told us that the restaurant hadn't opened yet when we arrived and
who pointed us to the bar where we sipped our tasty margaritas prepared by a friendly and
chatty bartender. To the woman who checked us out (of the Hotel). To the guy cleaning the
floors at 9:00 in the morning when we were leaving. Everyone we came into contact with
was friendly and gracious.

I had read reviews about guests commenting about the size of the rooms, the decor, the
washrooms, even the carpeting. Either my standards are low or I don't have high expectations.
While it wasn't furnished in ithe latest from Louis Vuitton and the finest hand woven carpets from
Persia it was comfortable and clean. I hadn't planned on spending the rest of my days in that room.
We had an amazing view of the Falls which is what we came to see and I wasn't planning on sleeping
on the carpet. Unless aforementioned charming girlfriend had other plans. The washroom was
clean and stocked with more towels than I had ever seen.

As mentioned we ate at the Fallsview Restaurant. Will be honest, at first when I saw the price I was
taken aback. But only for a second. After having our fill of what we considered to be an amazing variety
of quality fresh food we thought it was well worth it. Besides. We were seated where we had
another amazing view of the Falls. The wait staff was very attentive. Again. Either our standards are
low or we don't have high expectations. Or easily pleased. Or don't know the difference. Take your pick.

This review was about OUR experience just as how people who took the time to leave reviews
commented on their experience. No matter what glowing accolades I bestow upon Sheraton On The Falls
or it's staff OUR experience may not be YOUR experience or the experience of that person over there. I just
know that our short one night getaway was fun, problem free, hassle free and we had a great time. Thanks
for taking the time to read this and if you made it this far without falling asleep have a great day.

3 Thank Gary H
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Once I arrived in my room It felt very cramped. The room had a mini fridge, 2 double beds, a flat screen tv and an AWESOME VIEW. Outside my window I saw the falls and the Rainbow bridge and it was beautiful. The downside about my room was that the snacks in the fridge were about $15 and the wifi was at least $20 a night. The bathtub had no jets and it was not a whirlpool tub. I couldn't understand how to operate the tv here because I'm from the USA and the channels were terrible. The only things on tv that liked and found was Spongbob Squarepants and The Price Is Right. Their was also no breakfast buffet but I didn't care because their was a Perkins about 2 blocks away from the hotel. The hotel was attached to the Fallsview waterpark (which was why we
were here). Their was an arcade and an indoor mini-golf course downstairs too. The beds were pretty comfortable but their were only 2 and they were pretty small so I had to squeeze in next to my brother and sister and I fell off my bed at least 4 times overnight. I had an OK stay at the Sheridan on the falls.

Room Tip: Come here only if you don't have a big family.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Andy L
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in August 2013 - 3 adults and 2 children in a Penthouse suite. Views fantastic - and we were all more than happy with the room despite seeing negative reviews. The main reason we opted for the Penthouse suite was to have 2 bathrooms - with 5 of us it seemed pretty important. Top floor was generous sized room with huge bed and a full size bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and separate shower. On the lower level was both double and single sofa bed - though the single was requested by us - and another bathroom. Balcony was great for watching the fireworks and had great view of both American and Horseshoe falls and of Clifton Hill - room on the side of the hotel.
Outdoor pool was fantastic - lovely suntrap and great for children to let off steam after a busy day sightseeing - also had great views of the falls.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family