“Get the Falls View Room”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Sippy Downs, Australia
“Get the Falls View Room”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were stunned when we first walked into our room on the 14th fall and saw our gorgeous view of the Niagara Falls, it was breathtaking and worth the extra we paid for the view.

The room was clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, the best sleep we had our entire North American trip. The bathroom was well-stocked with soaps and lotions and complimentary water and wi-fi was greatly appreciated.

A Starbucks is accessible in the lobby and also a large souvenir store. The hotel is extremely well-positioned to all the best attractions such as the Hornblower boat ride, Hard Rock Cafe, Hershey World and the Main Street with all attractions and restaurants you will need.

Would definitely recommend Sheraton on the Falls. My only negative would be the price, it's certainly not cheap.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zane M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,056)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A lot of reviews of this property are simply telling you why you should or should not stay here I am going to assume that you have already decided to stay here and offer tips on how to get the most out of your stay at this hotel.

---Parking---

Parking was my first interaction with the Sheraton staff, and was not pleasant. I pulled in to what was the only driveway marked as belonging to the Sheraton, which is right at their front door. That was valet parking. They do have spaces reserved for check-in, but my advice is not to use them. We were confronted by a valet who demanded to hold our keys while we checked in. We refused. I think his fear was that we might not bother to move the car afterwards. He did apologize for his rudeness in the end, but our experience would have been vastly improved by simply parking in the parkade right from the start. You can access the parkade either from Bender Street or from Falls Avenue. I recommend Bender Street, but if you want to access it from Falls Avenue (you will be heading southwest coming from the highway), go past the Hershey store, and turn right immediately after the Starbucks.

Once parked, you will take the elevator down to the Crowne Plaza hotel, proceed through their upper lobby, across a walkway, through the Hard Rock Café lobby, and there you will see the escalator down to the Sheraton's lobby. Signage is not very good, but you will probably see other guests making the same trip so you can just follow them.

---Resort Fee---

A "resort fee" is one of the most diabolical marketing concepts ever devised. They charge you an extra fee each day, and then tell you it gives you "free wifi" and "complimentary bottles of water". Well, it wasn't really free now was it? At least this one gives you coffee and bottled water, which are worthwhile for reasons I will explain later.

---Green Option---

When checking in, you will be asked whether you would like the "Green Option", or in other words to decline housekeeping, in exchange for a $5 Starbucks gift certificate (valid only at the Starbucks in the lobby) for each day. Don't do it. First, Starbucks coffee is provided with the coffee maker in your room, and if you decline housekeeping they won't refill that. And second, five dollars is not enough to buy two brewed coffees in the hotel's Starbucks.

---Breakfast---

You may be tempted to grab something at Starbucks on your way out the door. I do not recommend that. They charge over five dollars for a grande latte, and over eight dollars for an "artisan breakfast sandwich" which is a fancy way of saying "reheated egg McMuffin". You might as well just eat the buffet. I don't know what the breakfast buffet actually costs, but I gather dinner is around $40, so breakfast should be quite a bit less.

---VIP package---

For an additional $40, they will give you a continental breakfast and evening snacks. I declined it, and everyone who has reviewed it said that it was not worth it.

---Pools---

There is an outdoor pool on the 7th floor, and an indoor one on the 14th. Try not to get a room on either of these floors unless you want noisy kids running back and forth. Of course if you *are* the family with noisy kids, then by all means do get a room on the 7th so you won't need to use the elevator to get to the pool.

---Fireworks---

Friday and Sunday evenings, as well as Wednesdays in season, there are fireworks over the falls at 10:00PM. People gather in the thousands along the street for a look. Don't bother. Go to the pool on the 7th floor. They normally close the pool at 9:00, but they keep it open late on fireworks nights. If you get there before about 9:45 you should be able to get a seat. But even if you're standing for the 5 minute show, it's a great vantage point. Much better than the street. I don't know why the hotel staff don't promote this more than they do. I watched the fireworks on a Sunday, with perhaps fifteen other people at most.

---Getting Around---

You can access the painfully cheesy Clifton Hill from the upper lobby rather than the main floor. Go to the upper lobby, through the arcade, toward the Rainforest Café, and you will see the exit to Clifton Hill. The parkade is accessed by turning right instead of left at the arcade.

---Summary---

Had I known all of these things beforehand, my stay would have been much more enjoyable. The staff have no idea how to offer advice to their guests. They are simply robots repeating statements from rote.

Room Tip: 7th floor and 14th floor have pools. Lots of running, screaming children.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
27 Thank tripleaardvark
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton and booked a Falls View room, which is the one to go for.There are rooms on the other side of the hotel so be sure to book a falls view.

Room had a great view of the falls through the floor to ceiling window.

Apart from the falls there is not alot to see so would not advise staying for more than 2 / 3 days.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PAULRMiltonKeynes
Oshawa
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I were at this hotel for a work conference. We stayed for 5 days. The staff were all very professional and pleasant. We had the breakfast buffet every morning and it was delicious. Great variety. We had a falls view room and it was amazing. The bed was very comfortable. Lots of pillows. Went for a swim in the outdoor pool on the 7th floor. Nice little pool with plenty of lounge chairs. Pretty garden across the street from the hotel with a very short walk to go on the Hornblower boat that takes you to the falls. Prepare to get wet !!! We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel surpassed my expectations! My husband and I stayed in a deluxe Fallsview room and the view was spectacular!!!! The bed was very comfortable and the too was spotless! The staff were very friendly, including te valet staff! Would definitely stay with them again! 10/10!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Samantha A
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

You go to Canada to see the Falls so why not stay at the BEST location? It does cost a bit more to dine, fuel and stay in Canada but our experience at Sheraton On The Falls was a memorable one. Our 18th floor room overlooked both the American & Canadian Falls as well as being a half block walk to the edge of the Niagara River. The Seraton/Starwoods Management Team knows how to host a buffet. The employees run a "tight ship" and the hotel and our romm was spotless. The fireplace was enjoyable with the terrific view and with our window open at night the falls provide a therapeutic sleep. Did I mention the fireworks on Friday night? Again, enjoyed from our room.

• Stayed June 2014
Toronto
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, close to Clifton hill, room were fairly comfortable, and the view was pretty good. I signed up for their SPG points program and added my airline number to the program so the points would go there. So I thought! After a couple weeks I called there customer service to see why I wasn't seeing anything. They told me that it was in the fine print that I had to call them and tell them what I wanted. Pretty poor program. I filed a complaint and told them I wanted to hear from someone, still waiting Sheraton. Are you listening to your customers?

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business