“Falls view” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Red Deer, Canada
“Falls view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed on the 22nd floor with view of the falls. Excellent!!!! Friendly knowledgeable staff!. Great locale. Walking distance to horn blower cruise, skyline tower, the outdoor strip, many restaurants, games, activities and shopping. A short drive takes you to the local wineries where you can sample wines, relax and enjoy the ambiance. Also near by is the shopping of niagara on the lake. Great quaint little shops in a character setting. Beautifully kept floral landscape keeps you enjoying the town. Do stop for ice cream and a luncheon... It will be worth your time!

Room Tip: Falls view is added cost but you have the ability to see the fireworks from your room! Good A/C, spa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,987)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

There are many hotels on Niagara falls (canadian side).
During Initial Research, I wanted to go to "Marriott Gateway hotel" after comparing great photo comparison on their website. but they were sold out, and I had to go to sheraton instead.

After my stay, I am very glad I choose to go to Sheraton on the falls.
Pros :
Great Service, Even New Trainee are very professional and courteous.
Try out the Restaurant. Having Breakfast with great fall view!
All the attraction(Hornblower Boat Tour, amusement, casino, restaurants, etc.) is within good walking distance. No need to take bus or anything.
Parking garage is only 1 block again, is considered reasonable price (20 self-parking per night).

Cons :
I visited on July 4th weekend with almost full occupancy, and I had to wait about 8 minutes each time before hopping on to the elevator. so many floor with so many guest.. They probably need at least 2 more elevator assuming the size of the hotel.

Overall, this was very great stay, I came with my parents, but I would definitely come here again when I get married.

Room Tip: Towards Niagara Fall, if available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oakville, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel this past long weekend. The hotel was not worth the money. We did not pay for the upgraded fallsview room, so we had no view, but we were fine with that.

The room is so small, I could not believe it when I stepped in. The bathroom was even smaller. Hardly room for anything on the counter.

The biggest issue with this hotel is that the walls are so thin! We could clearly hear people talking, watching tv, kids screaming, etc. in the next room. This is not what I expected for such a hotel.

Also, we were looking forward to taking a dip in the pool. At least one of the pools advertised that it was heated, but both were freezing! My daughter's lips were blue and she was shivering after 10 minutes in the heated pool.

In the middle of our stay, both of our room keys did not work, so we had to go back down to the lobby and wait in line just to get new keys. No the concierge said that he could not help us. And no the keys were not kept in our wallets next to metallic strips (or whatever) as the front desk lady explained to us.

No breakfast unless you are willing to pay. Overpriced Starbucks in the lobby, but what can you expect its Niagara Falls. Next time I will stay at a Hilton brand hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank YYZ1
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We had a four night stay here and we wanted for nothing. The hotel is clean has everything under one roof. Hotel, waterpark and car park. The waterpark is extra unless you already have this in your package when you book. For a family of 4 the hotel offer a two day pass for the waterpark for $120 and give you a passport which gives you coupons to use in local restaurants and in the arcade in the upper lobby. Quite a good deal as the waterpark sell daily passes for about $40 per person without the passport for the other activities.

Free wifi is in the lobby only otherwise it's $15 a day

Great having the car park under cover. Just a walk through the hotel and you get to the car park. Hotel charges $20 a day for parking. They offer valet parking at $35 a day. No need for this park yourself and walk!!!

Maid service every day very good.

Location couldn't be better. It's opposite the bridge to the USA and a lovely walk from one falls to the other.

All in all a brilliant hotel. I couldn't fault it in any way.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Louise B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was the best experience with Sheraton on the falls. Our room on the 17th floor with the best view of both the American & Canadian falls. The location is the best in the middle of the attractions. I didn't need to move my car during the whole stay i didn't use any bus or taxi at all. All was a walking distance from the Sheraton.
The free entrance to the indoor water park provided by the Sheraton was amazing. Everything was excellent. Very helpful staff. The smile of staff from cleaners to the manager gave me very good feeling. The follow up emails from the GM and the CEO after my stay making sure that I had no issues during my stay......This gave me a feeling of respect.

In summary....I will stay here whenever visiting Niagara Falls.

Thanks Sheraton

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank MohammadGhazwi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited from July 4th to July 8th the room # 969 was clean and had a great view of the falls. Being July 4th there was a wonderful fireworks display over the falls. I would recommend staying at this hotel. Make sure you pay the extra for the falls view.

We had a concierge Colon who really took care of a minor situation with our original booking.

My only complaints that you should be aware of is the cost of parking $20.00 to $35.00 a night around the corner there are smaller motels that offer free parking and free wifi. That is my second complaint no free wifi in this day and age is ridiculous IMHO. They do offer a special package with reduced price for parking and wifi, but only booking directly through the hotel.

Room Tip: Must pay for a falls view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Came here with my girlfriend to see the falls for the first time and so glad we picked this place. At the time of booking there were only a few 'Falls View' rooms left so we were stuck with 2 beds and we were willing to deal with that but upon arriving and talking to the concierge we were upgraded to a room on the 19th floor (one room away from the corner suite) overlooking both the US and Canadian falls. The view was like the pictures, you can see the falls from the bed! pretty outrageous! we lucked out too as there were fireworks on that Sunday and we had a front row seat from our room. We totally didn't have to leave the room! The boat tours (Maid of Mist and HornBlower) was walking distance like a block away and easy to find. There are tons of games, haunted houses, essentially an outdoor carnival, which is great for families and kids. It was definitely very touristy but we didn't mind it too much. Overall we're glad we picked this hotel and a great romantic getaway!

Room Tip: falls view room is the way to go!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple