“Awesome”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I stayed at the Sheraton on the Falls for my honeymoon and it was awesome. I highly recommend it for any getaway. Everything that you could ever want is in one place. Not to mention the awesome view from the room or restuarant. The staff was very helpful and classy. A++

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doubulr
Write a ReviewReviews (7,282)

Reviewed 5 April 2009

I booked this hotel using Starwood's Best Rate Guarantee so my expectations were low. This hotel still managed to not live up to any of them. The room we received fit better in one of those haunted houses on Clifton Hill than in a so-called four star hotel.

Where to start? Even dungeons and prisons have windows. Our room did not! It had shades (which were broken) that would cover a window but there was no window behind them.

We weren't there for the room so while that was disturbing we could let it go.

The noise however, was crazy. Noise came from every direction. A good night's sleep was impossible. Not only could you hear everything coming from the hallway and adjacent rooms but conversations came through the AC vent from other floors!

Speaking of the AC it did not work either. If you turned the thermostat on and off and put the fan on high it would cool the room somewhat for several hours. Then it would stop and you would have to do it again. The AC itself never came on.

It really seems like the people who post the good reviews are staying in an entirely different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank PeteWhite
Reviewed 5 April 2009

My family stayed at The Sheraton on The Falls for two nights with waterpark package. This facility is very nice, although the complex is kinda tricky to navigate at first. But for us, it was our second trip in as many years so we had no trouble. The complex consists of Sheraton on the Falls, The Crowne Plaza (formerly The Brock Plaza, The Fallsview Waterpark, Casino Niagara, multiple upscale restaurants and stores and lastly The Skyline Inn. The Skyline Inn (which we stayed last year), is only connected to the main complex through an enclosed bridge which, because of its DIRECT connection to the waterpark, forces it to be closed when the waterpark is closed. So be aware if staying there that if you are having fun at the recreation center, movies, numerous restaurants and stores that you will have to go outdoors after waterpark hours to get back to the Skyline. Not truly a problem as an inconvenience during inclement weather.
The Sheraton on the Falls is a very nice hotel and a reasonable value for what you get. I did not that our room (#1658, a "Fallsview" room on the 16th floor) badly needed a fresh TV. The standard old 27" CRT TV was terrible and seen it's heyday come and go about five years ago. But alas, just as I noted that our TV was in need of a refresh, out in the hall were maintenance men with I believe were 40" LCD's. But my heart was broken when they were updating only the "City View" rooms as they do not have an armoire that the TV sits in as opposed to the "Fallsview" rooms. I'm sure the "Fallsview" rooms are to be updated soon but my poor luck won out during this stay.
The rooms are very clean, everything was in working order, and Starbucks coffee was provided ... no complaints. I did have a facility problem though that I noted on a survey that I sent back. The elevators during our stay were a little tricky. Some of the elevators only service up to the 12th floor or so. But all elevators responded when you pushed the "Up" button. Problem is, when an elevator opens and it is of the type that doesn't reach your floor, you have to wait until somebody on another floor calls that elevator away in order for you to get the appropriate elevator to respond. Now this wasn't a huge inconvenience, and certainly not a deal buster. But consider that the next elevator door that opened was also of the 12th floor limit type ... frustrating. But then again, the manager did respond to my survey and hid did say they were having a computer control problem during my stay in regards to the elevators.
My only other fripe that I forgot to list on my survey was parking. Funny thing is, it's not included in room price. It's $10 per night for "self" parking (i.e. - the garage). But what irritated me is that I saw signs for "free" parking for Casino Niagara club card holders. So you hit the little guy staying with his family for some waterpark fun over the head with parking fees, but let the gamblers have a free ride. I guess the gamblers are the priority and bring in the money. Personally, I think it should be the other way around. Let the gamblers subsidize the parking garage, not hotel guests.

3  Thank thepiratemorgan
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We arrived on Sunday to Sheraton on the Falls. When we arrived we noticed a large group of people in front of us and thought we would be waiting for hours to check in. Luckily they were already checked out and we checked in within minutes. We were upgraded to a cityview room as we had booked the traditional room. The view of Clifton Hill was amazing especially at night when everything was lit up. The room was cozy and they had starbucks coffee and tea for us to use. They also had a pretty expensive basket of goodies which were not worth the price tag.

We wanted to take the little one swimming and the pool was pretty empty the first night. It was a pretty small pool considering the size of the hotel. The next night it was so packed with people you could not even move. The location to the falls and clifton hill was a definte bonus as was it's vicinity to the ranibow bridge.

I would recommend this hotel to families with children as it connects to the fallsview indoor waterpark which if you stay at the hotel is only $29.00 to get into--which is a good deal as the entrance fee is usally $44.95.

Overall a nice hotel, close to all that Niagara Falls has to offer.

1  Thank Cindylou76
Reviewed 31 March 2009

ALthough it was a very busy time when we checked in, it was to be expected as we were there during March Break. Starbucks came over many times with samples of lemonade and brownies and the line really did move quite quickly. From the front desk employees, handyman in the hallway in the morning, gentleman manning the elevators, housekeeping....EVERYONE was extremely pleasant and friendly!! The room was sparkling clean, great view and comfy beds. Loved staying here and really the employees made it such a pleasant stay. To even have our kids say how friendly the staff are says something as well. We were especially grateful when we realized I had left my cell phone in the room and were already half way home!! I received it a few days after arranging to have it shipped home. Thanks for a great overall experience, compliments to all employees of Sheraton on the Falls :)

3  Thank OntarioTravel123
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Sheraton on the Falls was an excellent place to stay. The value was just what we were looking for. It was a great location and my family and I had a great time there. The view of the falls was very nice and my wife loved it. We where there for her birthday and she was very please with it as well. There was an awesome indoor water park there too. There is a ton of things to do in the area, and the hotel was in an excellent stop. The restaurant in the hotel that has a great food ans a great view of both falls. Thank You Sheraton on the Falls for a great stay!

2  Thank DKKLansing_MI
Reviewed 29 March 2009

The bellmen, concierge and front desk were extremely friendly from the moment we pulled into to the driveway of the hotel. Location was great and we had an amazing view of the falls.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple