“Excellent stay”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We had a great stay here. Everything was great! The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and they were very accomodating. Bathroom was huge and the beds were very comfortable and big. Our room had a slight view of the falls, which was unexpected but wonderful! The kids enjoyed the pool which was very clean. . This hotel sits a few blocks from the falls, away from all of the "touristy" attractions, but you can easily walk to them if you want to. The parking lot attendants were very friendly and offered many suggestions and tips on how to get around. They also recommended an awesome pizza place that sits right behind the hotel (Zappi's pizza) which was excellent! We would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

Dear IeDeal

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. The comments that you made about the staff are very nice. We strive for excellent customer service and satisfaction for all of our guest and they will enjoy reading your comments. We are proud of our renovations and Im glad that you enjoyed your room and the kids had fun at the pool. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

The Radisson is a good value, particulalry if for a falls view room. The rooms don't have a full view of the falls as it is blocked on one side by another hotel. HOwever, the view is directly of Horseshoe Falls and is wonderful. I had compared price for hotels that were more likely to have a broader view and the price goes up significantly - as much as $100 a night or more. The rooms have been renovated and are nicely done. Internet coverage was a bit spotty, but I've had worse in much more exclusive hotels. And there was no additional charge for internet access, for which many hotels still charge. The location is great and parking is good. They do charge for parking and the cost is the same whether valet or self park. But similar to other hotels in the area. We happen to like the sleep number beds which is Raddisson trademark. Not all of the family had that particular bed, but they said what was there was comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, this is a comfortable, convenient hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear ,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. We are very proud of the renovations that we have done.The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and I know they truly enjoy chatting with the guests and meeting new people. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Niagara Falls area!

Reviewed 25 June 2011

Our two night stay was amazing at the raddison great location newly renovated rooms great staff will come back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Waltgal
I am glad to see that you had a great time with us at the Radisson Hotel & Suites. We are extreamely proud of our new look and we appriciate the feedback. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I planned this trip to Niagara Falls as part of one of our celebrations of 40 years of marriage. I stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago with a girlfriend, and we were in the older part where the rooms were drab, but we were only here 3 days on that trip. When we arrived, the front office staff were friendly enough, and the lobby looks pleasant, but the fact that no people are milling about should be a clue to overall quality. Because this was a special occasion, I asked if there were any rooms available in the newer section after we were given a room in the old section, but I was told there was nothing available but that all rooms had been renovated, including our section. When we walked in our room, I was quite shocked at what they called "renovated." The carpet appeared newer, but the bedspreads were the same drab brown that were here 3 years ago. The polka dot decoration on the walls is amateur looking at best. The furniture is extremely uncomfortable, and the room is small. We discovered we had no ice bucket, which seems minor, but when we asked for one, at least 2 people insisted we had one until my husband pointed out to a person that there was none in the room. Again, another minor complaint, but the kleenex box was empty. The vents on the air conditioner were broken so you couldn't redirect the air. Several of the outlets did not work, so there were limited places to plug things into. Internet was ridiculous. You kept getting disconnected, and when you were connected it was slower than the old dial up. For the heck of it, when I got connected to the internet, I put in our same dates to see what would show available, and several choices came up, so I guess they weren't as booked as they said they were.

This was my second bad experience with Radisson, with the first being far worse than this was, but this pretty much sealed the deal that I probably will never stay at another Radisson again. If this is how they treat their Carlson Club members, then I guess it's time to look for new hotel rewards through a different chain. I will never recommend this place to anyone I know who might be going to Niagara Falls. Interestingly enough, there were other hotels that are usually considered a lesser quality that had the same or cheaper rate with much nicer rooms. Even the nicer hotels had comparable rates, and each one we walked into had many people milling about looking like they were having a good time. The Radisson was a ghost town (but a full one according to them). Avoid this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christine N
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Dear Cocotea,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously as they are the basis for improving our hotel and service level.

I’m very sorry to see that you had some imperfections in your stay and I want to let you know that we’re going to address all of these issues with our staff. Most of our rooms are using the newest bedding, unfortunately with it being such a large order it is taking a while for it to be made. The final order will be completed within 2 weeks and all linens will be new. As you indicated, our hotel has undergone a complete renovation which means all rugs, paint, furniture, tile and bathroom fixtures have been replaced. We apologize for not finding you a place in our tower at your time of reqest. Our rooms do vary in size, so if you do return we can recommend a larger room depending on availability of course.
We’ll also review our room inspection procedures with our housekeeping staff. Under no circumstances do we feel that it is acceptable for amenities to be missing from the room or broken. We expect rooms to be taken out of order for maintenance if necessary and all missing amenity items to be replaced.

Lastly, we’ve had our IT experts look closely at the wireless internet issues you described. They were able to find some speed and connectivity issues and are currently sourcing bids from a new provider as well as looking for equipment upgrades. We expect this to be completed soon as it is considered an urgent issue. Unfortunately this is an issue that has plagued some hotels in the area as internet bandwidth demands have increased with increases in streaming media and entertainment. With so many hotels clustered in close proximity there is a lot of demand for internet resources and some interference on wireless channels as well.

Once again, thanks so much for bringing these important issues to my attention, and I hope you’ll reconsider your option to stay somewhere else in the future. We’re proud of our property and the improvements we’ve made recently are an indication of our desire to continually enhance guest experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a short get-away. We were pleased with our three-day stay! We had an excellent view of the falls from the tenth floor and the staff was very accomodating. The food was very good at Tony Romas' but was very slow getting to us. I look foward to staying again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear BRMYKM

Thank you for the great review. It is nice to see that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Hotel & Suites. The staff will enjoy reading the great comments that you made about them. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

The hotel is newly renovated and everything is new. There is a beautiful view right in front of the hotel. The location itself is not the most convenient if you plan to park your car and walk to attractions. It is pretty far, so I'd recommend a hotel closer to Cliffton Hill (check Courtyard by Marriott).

Room Tip: Book via hotels.com
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We stayed here in May 2011 on our trip to Niagara Falls. The selling point of this hotel is it's location right next to the falls, and gorgeous views of the Canadian falls, if you happen to get a fallsview room. I believe this hotel was newly renovated so it looks clean and crisp. Here is where I had issues: They offer wireless internet, but it needs to be greatly improved....I believe they have a session timeout configured that is ridiculous, I had to keep re-logging in every half-hour to get online. Now to the bathroom, it was clean, but everytime I would turn on the faucet, the pipes in the room would start banging. Oh and they also charge $20 for parking, which seems to be ridiculous, but I think that is the norm for all the hotels in the area. Oh and last but not least, I think all Radisson hotels have the "Sleep Number" bed, and personally I think it sucks, and they should get rid of it, prepare of back and neck pain from sleeping on their "Sleep Number" bed. Overall, this was a good hotel, and I may consider staying here on future trips to Niagara Falls. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for fallsview (extra charge) room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jb_ta
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the sleep number bed in your room. Our hotel does indeed have rooms which do not have a sleep number bed in them as we do understand that not all guests enjoy sleep number beds. Please when making your next reservation inquire as to the availability of those rooms which do not have them. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with our WIFI timing out during your stay. I will bring this to the attention of our IT department so that they can resolve any issues there may be with the WIFI service. On behalf of everyone here we do want to thank you for your business and I do hope that we see you again.