“Wonderful stay at Radisson, Niagara Falls”

Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I went to Niagara Falls the weekend of Sept 16th to attend the Niagara Wine Festival in St. Catherine's. I couldn't get a hotel in the Niagara-on-the-Lake, so I chose the Radisson. They had excellent prices that were reasonable.

We got a room on the 11th floor and a lovely view of the Falls and the River. It was clean, modern room with a big King Size Bed and very comfortable and cozy. Loved the bathroom!!!

The staff was very nice and professional. Parking is $20/day but you have to pay it because there is nowhere to park in that area. GREAT location, with everything in walking distance from the Falls to the Fallsview Casino. Check in and Check out was very easy.

I would go back again and I told all my friends and family that the Radisson is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the falls. Worth the extra money because the hotel rates are reasonable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear Stefystef

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you loved the room and that
our staff performed to your expectations. All of the staff at the hotel take great care and pride in ensuring that each and every guest enjoys their stay with us. So on behalf of all us here at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview I wish to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do appreciate your business. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife and I spent 3 days here and were made very welcome.We were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary and were upgraded to a falls view. Having previously checked on this site for comments we asked for a room from 1035 or above and thats what we were given. This is not a standard room so maybe worth paying extra for. The bed had an adjustable mattress for comfort and a jacuzzi bath. Cant fault the staff who were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear pixie3

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff were welcoming and helpful. I would also like to thank you for choosing to celebrate your ruby wedding anniversary with us. I hope we helped to make it an even more special occassion for you both.

On behalf of all the staff at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview we thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed at the above hotel September 12-16, 2011 sponsored by Hazel Brandon. The weather windy but nice for the entire week, bring a warm jacket for this time of the year.

The customer service was excellent @ the Radisson and they ensured that everyone was accommodated, and well taken care of.
Upon arrival, valet service handled all the bags and did a wonderful job. It was at least 7 Diamonds Tours Buses that checked in.

We did not get in each other way except @ breakfast time and that was organized. The hotel had a FULL breakfast bar which was very good. (Was included in Hazel Brandon trip packet!)

If you are up around 530 or 6 AM (comp) coffee is hot and ready @ 2 computers for internet access at the front desk.
The back of the hotel, you can see the falls! (DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR CAMERA!)

The Rooms were clean and housekeeping kept them well stocked. I spoke to one of the staff, and they indicated it was time for a long overdue make over.

The only thing that was uncomfortable was the HUGE Jacuzzi,. The hotel can put handles to assist with getting in and out. Don’t get me wrong, I took a well deserved bath, and really enjoyed the jet massage. Two people can fit nicely.

The bar within the hotel was very laid back and the bartender was very people friendly. He made me a COSMO, of which he highly recommended. I had TWO very YUMMY~

The Hotel itself is walking distance to everything. The van service is available until 10pm if you need a ride and/or assistant back from the Canada side Casino. Check with the front desk for schedule.

(FYI) take the van service to the Fallsview casino and walk a half block to Murray Street (turn right and walk down the hill) and see the Niagara Falls illumination of Light @ night. (You will have to walk back up the hill)

I met folks from New Jersey, Michigan, Germany, Russia, Poland and even nice lady from Australia. (Smokers outside, make best friends.)

Overall, being my first time in Niagara Falls and seeing all of its wonders, I had the best time and stay @ The Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview.

(FYI), if at all possible, use your debit/credit card for the best exchange rates at you time of travel.) The 1 and 2 dollars Canadian money are coins.) Some places will gladly except US Dollars.

Please don't forget to TIP ( they except US or Canadian money)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. It is good to hear that all of our staff performed to the high level of standards we strive for with customer service. I will pass along your suggestion to the appropriate department manager regarding handles for the jacuzzi. On behalf of everyone at the hotel thank you for staying with us and I hope should you be in the area again you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Opening the blinds in the morning and waking to a view of the Falls - wonderful, can't beat it! We had a king size room with jacuzzi, which was great as you had the view directly from the jacuzzi. The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom was nice. You could control the bed too and make it just how you like it. We found the staff really friendly and helpful. The only negative point - but this is typical for a Niagara hotel - is that there is nowhere outside to sit, the grounds are small, so there's only a carpark.

Niagara is fairly built up with high rise hotels and I imagine, if you do not get one of the rooms where we were, then the view would not be anything like we had and really that made the holiday.

Locaton is good, plenty of bars and restaurants nearby - also the Casino. We arrived from Buffalo airport on the US side and went back that way and we didn't want to change much money, however, we were advised to use the Casino to change our pounds or US Dollars to Canadian Dollars as they give the best rates.

Room Tip: High floor, at the end
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellieque

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your fallsview room. I will definitely pass along your comments to the hotel staff as they will certainly enjoy hearing them. On behalf of everyone at the hotel, thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel and Suites Fallsview for your stay in Niagara Falls we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

We were 'upgraded' to a huge room with two Queen beds and a jacuzzi bath. The receptionists were friendly and accomodating; the valet boys helpful and informative. The location is great and even with a city view (my decision, to save money) this is a good hotel in Niagara.
I completed the on-line survey with just 2 negative comments:
1. We were given a room which hadn't been cleaned. The receptionist apologised and re-housed us. Rooms were not cleaned until after 4:30 on the 2nd day. We had to wait in the corridor.
2. Beware the Visitor Information desk! The 'in your face' lady is not employed by the hotel. She represents a tour company and is reluctant to provide any othet help and guidance. This can reflect badly on the hotel itself - thankfully the valet boys are founts of knowledge.

Dear JeffandFaithR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and for completing our survey. I do wish to apologize for not having your room ready for your arrival at 4pm. I am however glad that the staff did provide you with a upgrade and you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely pass along your comments to the hotel staff as they will certainly appreciate your comments. On behalf of the entire staff at the hotel I wish to thank you for your business and I do hope should you be in the area again you stop by and see us.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

We had a lovely experience. I took my time deciding where to stay since this was the only night of a three week holiday where we were staying in a hotel, (staying with friends/family the rest of the time) so we wanted it to be special... and it was.

Our room (King jacuzzi with a fallsview) was exactly as described. I don't see the big deal of a sleep number bed, but it was comfortable.The jacuzzi was luscious and the view was to die for! The room was clean and perfectly made up.

The only downside was that our room wasn't ready when we arrived, but the manager comped our parking fee without my even asking for anything. We went for a drink at the bar in Tony Roma's and the front desk staff brought us our room number and key when it was ready. The bar was all right, but a little overpriced (as everyone knows from other reviews) but the food was decent.

The valet was fantastic - he brought me to the car when I'd forgotten my shoes in the back seat. He was very friendly and jovial.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel, I don't know about these people saying it's okay or just all right, because I really had a great experience.

Room Tip: definitely pay for a fallsview.

Dear Lizlon

Thank you for such a lovely review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay with us. The view of the falls from our rooms is indeed quite spectacular. Being that you had only one night in a hotel during your trip on behalf of everyone at the hotel I thank you for choosing ours we do appreciate your business. As well I will definitely pass along your comments to our valet staff as I know that they will appreciate hearing them. We hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Fallsview from August 9th to 13th for our 10 year anniversary! Everything about this hotel was great! Check-in went smoothly. As soon as I walked in our room, my jaw dropped! I couldn't believe the breathtaking view. We could see the Horseshoe Falls, the river and rapids, the Canadian side and the American side. We had a jacuzzi suite with a king size bed overlooking the falls. It was like heaven! The jacuzzi tub was huge and also overlooked the falls! We had a mini fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was quite roomy with a large shower. We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant at the hotel-"Tony Romas". It was really good! Our room was cleaned everyday and the towels were always made into art. My husband surprised me with a bouquet of flowers for our anniversary. I asked at the front desk for something to put them in. Shortly after, one of the maintenance guys came up with a large vase with a bow on it. The service was definitly top notch! Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Niagara Falls! It was cheaper than some of the others because it isn't directly in front of the falls. It is behind the Marriott and the Embassy Suites. However, most of the rooms are located between those 2 hotels, so the views are just as nice. We were on the 11th floor and couldn't have had a much better view! We were able to see the illuminations in the falls every night also, it was very nice! Also within walking distance to mostly everything! We only took a taxi ride to Marineland and the Jet Boat tours.

Room Tip: The higher level, the better view! Definitely invest in a fallsview room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa D

Dear Meldoucet

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as your stay with us. Should your travels find you in our area again I do hope you stay with us again.