“Great Stay”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel on a weekend whim and we were so pleasantly surprised by the hotel, the guest rooms and the service. We checked in around 11pm and had a great check-in experience with the night auditor. I regret not getting his name because he was wonderful! The room was clean and nicely appointed. My only disappointment with the room were the pillows. They were small and seemed old but the bed (though it was not a Sleep Number) was very comfortable.

There was a hockey tournament which meant the pool was overtaken by kids but it was not a problem since we had a whirlpool tub in our guest room.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Deak SBKA20

I wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of everyone at the hotel please know that we do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Radisson Hotel and Suites Fallsview

Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I absolutely can not say enough about what a wonderful place this was. My husband and I went to Niagara Falls over this past weekend. (11/04/11-11/05/11) We reserved a king Jacuzzi falls view room. It cost around $220 CAD (That includes room price, 20$ for parking and taxes). We arrived a little after 11 am and went into the hotel to ask if we could park there until the usual check in time of 4 pm. The wonderful lady at the front desk asked us our name and looked it up in her computer and said let me see if your room is available. She proceeded to ask us if we had a preference in floors. My husband answered with "the best view possible". She assigned us room 1039 on the corner of the tower. The pool which we did not use was a little lacking, I don't really think you could swim in it and there was a whirlpool attached. It was extremely clean though and didn't stink of chlorine and pool chemicals which was a plus to me; so thumbs up for that. The bathrooms in the lobby was extremely clean and new looking. The left elevator made quite a bit of noise and rumblings so we would always take the right one. When we walking into the room I was so extremely happy. The room was quite large with an absolutely amazing view of horseshoe falls. The light on the falls (they changed every five minutes or so) at night in the Jacuzzi was extremely romantic not to mention the sunrise outside our window in the morning. There is room service from the Tony Roma's downstairs prices are quite comparable to the restaurant. (We went down to the bar for a nightcap.) Or if you want the full menu you can walk down and order it to go. There is a closet for hanging items, iron and ironing board, microwave, Cuisine Art One Cup Coffee Pot with 2 regular and 1 decaff pillows, tea, sugar, and creamers, and an empty mini fridge. All extremely clean and well maintained. The bathroom was newly remodeled and clean no mold or mildew to be found anywhere. Believe me I looked. Tile work in shower (there was a small chip in one of the tile, no biggie though) was mirrored around Jacuzzi in other room. Very pretty. Sleep number bed was amazing, it was one of the best nights sleep I've had in a while. I always thought those beds were a scam but it was wonderful, bedding clean and soft, it seemed as though they took new linens and cleaned and pressed them and put them on the bed they were that nice. Carpeting in room was clean with no stains. The jets in the hot tub were a little discolored but the tub itself was sparky clean. Towels were diamond white and soft but didn't smell like chemicals (very nice). Hair dryer in room was awesome as was the wall mounted two way mirror. Lighting was spectacular. I'm not a narcissistic person but with all the mirrors spread throughout the room you couldn't help but sneak a peak here and there. There were 4 bars of soap, 2 shampoo and conditioner and 1 body lotion. The shampoo didn't lather very well, but the soap bar with the massage and pumice knobbies was spectacular (my husband was thoroughly impressed- even woke me up to tell me about it). Breakfast is not included but Tony Roma's has a breakfast buffet that hotel patrons get a discounted price ($7.99 instead of $9.99) and the food was awesome! Check out was a breeze. They put your bill under your door. If you paid with debit or credit card you signed a paper when you checked in, all you do is leave the key cards in the room (don't for get to tip the cleaning staff they did an awesome job), and your on your way. If you did not park at the hotel, make sure you have your bill adjusted because the parking is added automatically into your bill. When we left, the lady that checked us in asked us if we enjoyed our stay and told us to drive safely and have a wonderful day. The whole experience was wonderful and very much worth the money for a wonderful romantic weekend away with my husband. We both agree that this was one of the best hotel stays we've ever had! 5+++ Stars to the Radisson Hotel! We will be back to visit sooner rather than later i hope.

Room Tip: King Falls View Jacuzzi Room in Corner are the Best View Available.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CandiG0220

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Everyone at the hotel takes great pride not only in the hotel but in the service they provide to our guests. I want to let you know that we all appreciate your business and should you be in the area again I do hope you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here for the New Year of 2011. It was a beautiful suite, with a spacious living room overlooking the city. Wonderful place to stay and easy access to the surrounding attractions, the casino, the falls, the shops and restaurants. Very clean and comfortable place to stay, very friendly staff. You might have to pay extra to park your car in the hotel property, so we park ours in the casino since we always have free parking access there.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ArchieLila
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This was our second time at this Radisson. As previously, the room was clean and comfortable. Beds looked new. The staff is very nice as others have noted. Although we didn't do the short walk to the Falls as we did last time, it is certainly a bonus. We used the pool, which was nice and clean. I appreciated the poolside shower. It would have been preferable to have a hot tub that is not connected to the pool, but that is a minor issue.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and I enjoyed two nights here for our first anniversary. The price was reasonable for the area and we were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel, overall. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. The only issue that arose was the inability to take out cash from the ATM in the lobby because it was not international (we are from upstate NY). Not too big of a deal as there was an ATM right across the street where we could access our accounts. Would definitely recommend and revisit someday.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

This is the first time I have ever left a post of any sort on sites like this but after staying at The Radisson I felt the need to give my point of view.
This Hotel came as part of a package I booked to celebrate my Wife's birthday so I had no idea what to expect apart from the reviews on this site, of which I normally take with a pinch of salt.
So, the good bits, A few days before arriving I e-mailed the Hotel to let them them know we would probably be arriving late and also after reading some of the posts on here I also requested a room on a higher floor if possible. We got in around 7pm and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We we given some verbal info but to be honest we were too tired to take most of it in. We went straight to our room and were immedeatly blown away with quality of the room and the view of the Horse shoe falls and river. As mentioned on this site many times this hotel sits behind the Marriot so you won't get a full view, but it was a great view from our room 1537. Our room was very clean, modern and roomy and had a large TV, Microwave oven, Fridge, Air con/heater, jacuzzi bath, Hair dryer, Iron & board and a Tea/Coffee maker. There wasn't a lot of Coffee or Tea bags supplied so if you drink plenty of either make sure you bring your own stock (the circular type bags fit perfectly). The two double beds were number beds that completely adjusted to your own comfort level, I had never been in one before and loved it! There was also free WiFi in the room and it worked perfectly well. There wasn't any real info for the local area in the room (Leaflets etc) so I thought that the info desk at reception would be good however, for the 5 days we were there we didn't see anyone attend it, and although the reception staff are friendly they didn't have a lot of local knowledge.
The hotel also has a Tony Roma's chain restaurant.on site. Some other posts on this site have thier views but this is mine, the food was fine and the portion sizes were good, we had dinner there on the first & last night of our stay.Their breakfast buffet was $9.99 and was all you can eat and drink. Don't be fooled by some of the cheaper deals in other places as some will charge you for extra for your drinks and the food isn't always of the same quality or the quantity & variety as that in Tony Roma's.
The not so good bits! There are'nt many but....
On arrival I was asked for $50 per night "Incidental" coverage. As I didn't bother bringing a credit card I had to pay this upfront with my debit card or cash. I did this reluctently by debit card and was told I should have this refunded around 5 days after I left minus any incidentals. Although I didn't use the pool I think they should use a realistic picture, it really isn't very big at all. The hotel charges $20 per day to park your own car!!! I can understand charging non-guests but you're paying to stay at the hotel, bulid the charge in if need be! its not an excuse that other hotels charge, you'll probably get more bookings because you don't.
So thats it, enjoy this hotel, we very much enjoyed our stay and would definatley stay there again, the staff were great and the room far exceeded my expectations after reading some of the posts about the view avalable.

Room Tip: Request a room with a high floor and a room number ending with 37 or higher, eg 1437-39 and remember...
2  Thank Suntandan

Dear Suntandan

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the service level you received was to the standards that we have now become known for. We do appreciate your business and do hope that should you be in the area again you choose to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Just stayed at the Radisson and it was terrific. I was worried about the partial view upon booking but asked for the king jacuzzi room preferably in the corner (end of the building) and that's what we were given. The view is blocked by the Marriott but it's not at all that bad. We could see the falls and the lights at night plus the full view of the river.

Had very little dealings with the staff but they were very helpful when we did speak to them. The room was very clean and modern and well stocked with supplies. We declined the maid service (our stay was two nights) and a bag of clean towels and supplies was left outside our door instead!

The location is fine as it was no more than a 5 minute walk to the casino and the falls itself just a little further but entirely doable on foot. Parking was on par with the rest of the hotels in the area and we just left the car there both days.

Room Tip: for the best view get a room toward the end of the building (corner rooms).
1  Thank Chris L

Dear Chris L

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do appreciate your business and hope should you be in the area again you once again stay with us.